Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #4833
Rookie
 
adoptedscouse's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sheffield
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz_e
Is there something that can be done against the inhuman CPU-pressure? All world cup teams seem to play with 100% pressure. I can't even pass their first line of strikers without doing 10+ ping pong passes. The CPU makes it impossible to hold the ball for even a split second. They immediately attack the ball handler like homing missiles, mostly before the ball arrives at his feet.



And when the ball is lost they need 2 - 3 passes max to score a goal.



I made sure that I loaded the right slider set, but for some reason the game has changed drastically since the last update, up to a point where it is not playable for me anymore.



I think something is unbalanced. Are you also seeing this, or am I the only one? Do you think a fresh install would work?


Not seeing this mate, game seems a lot better after patch & slower, you need to build up now. Some countries sit off you & soak up pressure, others will press, but this is good, also AI changes tactics throughout the games.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
adoptedscouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:37 AM   #4834
Rookie
 
NorthLdN's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North London, England
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz_e
Is there something that can be done against the inhuman CPU-pressure? All world cup teams seem to play with 100% pressure. I can't even pass their first line of strikers without doing 10+ ping pong passes. The CPU makes it impossible to hold the ball for even a split second. They immediately attack the ball handler like homing missiles, mostly before the ball arrives at his feet.

And when the ball is lost they need 2 - 3 passes max to score a goal.

I made sure that I loaded the right slider set, but for some reason the game has changed drastically since the last update, up to a point where it is not playable for me anymore.

I think something is unbalanced. Are you also seeing this, or am I the only one? Do you think a fresh install would work?
I must say I also experienced this, but only in the first game. I restarted the first game 3 times (Denmark (me) vs Peru (CPU)) and each time Peru were playing with a God-like pressing style that never let up for the whole match. I lost 3-2.

However, once I had got past that game and carried on with the same WC playing as my second choice team (England) everything played exactly as it should - with Tunisia putting men behind the ball, England struggling to break them down, just like what will probably happen in real life

How many games did you experience this with, and were you restarting the WC each time or carrying on?
__________________
Playing FIFA 19 1.04 (XBOX) V3B1 Slider set
USING: World Class, Semi-Assisted, Tactical Defending, 10 Mins
WITH: Fulham FC Career Mode
NorthLdN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #4835
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I enjoyed all my world cup games, (even losing 4-0 in my very first one, as I was just happy with the overall feel of the gameplay. CM is another story sadly), but i do think that EA has assisted passing in mind only when considering the game balance. You will have a miserable time if you're using other pass settings against high pressure it seems.

And a long standing fifa issue is how your players will just wait for the ball almost locked into place when you pass it forward, while cpu players simply run in front of your receiving player in a flash when they are using a high press tactic. This seems to make cpu pressing particularly effective in the closing stages of a match if they're a goal down. It's almost part of the design and you just have to clear the ball high up the pitch a lot more.

Last edited by Chrisx; 06-01-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Chrisx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #4836
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2017
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

"EA has assisted passing in mind only when considering the game balance"

Yes I think this is true. Assisted passing is the default setting. The cpu doesn't move around and find open space like players in real life. Different custom tactics, formations, and players instructions help, but it's not the same. Even so, I still like how more manual control settings make passing and having possession more difficult. I don't want to be able to successfully tiki-taka with just any team. It should be difficult to pass the ball against effective high pressure.

I just looked at Peru's custom tactics. They're set up to ultra attack and press. Crossing is at 80. Pressure is 66 and Aggression is 70! Does Peru play like this in real life?

Last edited by unitedred; 06-01-2018 at 10:16 AM.
unitedred is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #4837
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Iíve just started using this set in career mode. Few observations so far is that the AI doesnít really pass the ball. Iím dominating possession as soon as they hit my half they consistently try a long ball and usually give it away.

Iíve read in other places that world class is in fact more challenging than legendary is that right?
Trueblade1986 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #4838
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedred
I don't want to be able to successfully tiki-taka with just any team. It should be difficult to pass the ball against effective high pressure.
Totally agree, but the game could do better even with assisted settings as mistakes are simply a big part of the sport. Semi/manual does help of course but it's only half the job done, the cpu does not acknowledge this change, so I could be facing a lower rated team and they could have a much higher pass completion % than me, so realism goes out the window again. Pressing should make playing from the back a lot tougher, no question about that, just feels like it could be done better.

Last edited by Chrisx; 06-01-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Chrisx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:09 AM   #4839
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Totally agree, but the game could do better even with assisted settings as mistakes are simply a big part of the sport. Semi/manual does help of course but it's only half the job done, the cpu does not acknowledge this change, so I could be facing a lower rated team and they could have a much higher pass completion % than me, so realism goes out the window again. Pressing should make playing from the back a lot tougher, no question about that, just feels like it could be done better.
Regarding CPU's pass completion, whenever I decide to play with manual passing, the next step is immediately trying to find by how many points I should increase CPU pass error to rebalance. At least we have sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueblade1986
Iíve just started using this set in career mode. Few observations so far is that the AI doesnít really pass the ball. Iím dominating possession as soon as they hit my half they consistently try a long ball and usually give it away.
It's a core game issue, afaik. First thing I have noticed about the AI when playing the game, still on default sliders. I think it's just how it is, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueblade1986
Iíve read in other places that world class is in fact more challenging than legendary is that right?
I disagree.
GaloVingador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #4840
Just started!
 
Comrade Funslayer's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Icon5 Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I'm trying these exact sliders (10 mins) with 2 alterations:

Player Sprint Speed = 48
Difficulty = Ultimate (mod, supposedly harder than legendary)

However, I still find the game way WAY too easy, and am winning every match without fail.

I don't want the CPU to be faster than me, because I feel like it ruins the realism if Gary Cahill suddenly out paces Mo Salah.

So, please please can someone tell me how to make the game much harder?

(P.S. I don't want to change from assisted controls)
Comrade Funslayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Top -