Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #4841
Just started!

Comrade Funslayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
- increase CPU run frequency in increments of 10
- increase CPU marking
- decrease CPU pass and shoot error
Thanks a lot, I will definitely try that.

What would you recommend for CPU marking? I'm guessing having it too high isn't a great idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #4842
Just started!

Smile Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador
What made me have a little more trouble besides sprint speed was lowering CPU pass error and increasing CPU marking. But this made me feel the same way you did about it killing realism.

18's AI seems to lack awareness/intelligence somehow, it's not something easy to bring in with sliders.
Thank you so much, I'll give that a try.

Yeh, it is crazy how stupid this AI is when I have found previous games relatively difficult. They make insanely ambitious crosses which always lead to nothing and are completely destroyed by the concept of passing in a triangle. The worst part is when they literally sprint right at you with the ball, how am I meant to not defend that?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:49 PM   #4843
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Funslayer
The worst part is when they literally sprint right at you with the ball, how am I meant to not defend that?
Yep, this is what I hate the most too. Makes me regain possession far too quickly, before they even cross the midfield, and denies them of building it up to a scoring chance. This alone, if fixed well, would probably be enough to make the game a challenge. They're just not smart.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #4844
Just started!

Quote:
Yep, this is what I hate the most too. Makes me regain possession far too quickly, before they even cross the midfield, and denies them of building it up to a scoring chance.
Yep, there is no build-up play whatsoever because of it and as long as you hold your position in defence, they stand no chance of getting into the box. Sometimes they are so stupid that they will give the ball straight to you in their own box, I swear I never experienced that with 16, 14, 13 or 12.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #4845
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Funslayer
Thanks a lot, I will definitely try that.

What would you recommend for CPU marking? I'm guessing having it too high isn't a great idea?
Just keep increasing it until it's hard for you to dribble without losing the ball, then once that happens try passing more and see if the marking you stopped at is pulling the CPU out of position too much.

It's definitely a fine line, because yes having it too high will result in too much space to pass into since the CPU defenders are essentially man marking your players all over the field.

Ultimately, it will be a combination of the values that will hopefully give you the playing experience you are looking for.

I would definitely suggest, at some point, giving full manual controls a shot. It's a pain at first but it does make the game more challenging, especially if you are tweaking sliders in favor of the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #4846
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Borussia Dortmund have terminated their exclusive license with PES a year early, does this mean the Yellow Wall will be back in Fifa & could this also see more Bundesliga stadia coming too??? 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-02-2018, 01:39 AM   #4847
Pro

Only now I had access to the WC DLC (thank you Origin).

Damn, these new animations really make a difference. The game plays sweet. I hope someone is able to transfer them to the main game in a mod or something.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #4848
Pro

Quote:
Only now I had access to the WC DLC (thank you Origin).

Damn, these new animations really make a difference. The game plays sweet. I hope someone is able to transfer them to the main game in a mod or something.
think we will have to wait til 19 drops to see any change in gameplay/animations.have seen a few of the confirmed new features but it will be pretty meaningless if they dont fix the existing issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »