Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #513
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I'm thinking Pass Error has room to go down right? I feel like we're missing out on some cross quality as a result with it being at 60, thoughts?
Old 09-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #514
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm thinking Pass Error has room to go down right? I feel like we're missing out on some cross quality as a result with it being at 60, thoughts?
I was leaning taking it the other direction, if any...

Still feel like the game is to clean/crisp. Not enough errant passes/touches.

And to your previous question, no I didn't record the match. Takes forever for me to upload videos so I try to keep them as short as I can, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-30-2017, 10:16 PM   #515
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I was leaning taking it the other direction, if any...

Still feel like the game is to clean/crisp. Not enough errant passes/touches.

And to your previous question, no I didn't record the match. Takes forever for me to upload videos so I try to keep them as short as I can, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm not sure about going higher. THere is something odd about the ball physics with the higher pass error. Like professional soccer players forget how to put pace on the ball, or strike a ball cleanly. More so it also affects how the ball reacts in the air. The ball just drops down mid-air, instead of being crossed with pace, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 10:17 PM   #516
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah! Definitely! CPU cant cross well most of the times with it so high. If that means cpu passing more crisp overall so be it, at 60 crosses do not work as a weapon for the cpu most of the times.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #517
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Yeah! Definitely! CPU cant cross well most of the times with it so high. If that means cpu passing more crisp overall so be it, at 60 crosses do not work as a weapon for the cpu most of the times.
Perhaps only regular crosses are affected? Because I've conceded a fair number from low crosses across the goal and corners.

By the way I've seen the GK 'freeze' a fair number of times in these situations. Sometimes he will simply not jump when a cross arrives leaving an attacker to head the ball and only reacts with a late "backward jump/save" animation while the ball is already on the way to the net.

And with low crosses sometimes GKs and defenders don't react at all as well. Don't know if there's a specific value to blame or if it's just the game though.

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-30-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #518
Rookie

Played with the set in the OP with Matt and JHedges test changes
Speed Normal/WC/Manual w/semi crossing/15min
SS 49
SE 52
PS 38

Looked pretty good to me. Worst part about it was the way I'm playing ie: pulling my shape apart with too much secondary press and too much sprint. The PS at 38 is a real challenge for me right now, but its a joy imo. CPU shooting wasn't clinical, for sure, considering I gave them gobs of chances. Ill play a few more in a bit, and maybe switch back to OP/slow (ss 50) to see the difference. I love it so far though, and we are way ahead of where we were last year.
2 yellow cads as well on them

Last edited by JimmyTheMeatball; 09-30-2017 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #519
Rookie

WooCRISPY's Arena

Box Scores don't always do the sliders justice but I went ahead and played 5 games today and here were the results: (Forgot to mention they were all set to 10 minutes)

Game 1 - World Class, Semi Passing/Shooting
Spoiler

Game 2 - Legendary, Semi Passing/Shooting
Spoiler

Game 3 - Legendary, Semi Passing/Shooting
Spoiler

Game 4 - Legendary, Assisted Passing/Semi Shooting
Spoiler

Game 5 - Legendary, Assisted Passing/Shooting
Spoiler

Have to say the set plays pretty well already. Those games against Dundalk were nightmares... If you want a challenge play Drogheda vs Dundalk they give you no room to breathe at all. Finn Harps gave me some room to work with so I bossed the possession in those games. I play at a slower pace so I am used to getting 55%+ of the possession, but not against Dundalk...

I know they ended up with 90% Passing in Game 3 but I was playing everyone behind the ball for the most part so a lot of those passes were trying to get around my Defense. There were moments where it was end-to-end but I felt that a majority of the time during the games we both were building up play really nice. I went from 86% to 75% after switching on Assisted Passing Games 3/4 because I was no longer afraid to play longer passes (they made me pay for it though)

Long story short, I was a little afraid about using the Sliders since I am not sure how they would translate for the worst teams but they passed the first test tonight. Next time I will remember to grab the possession stats too
Uploads for Everybody's Golf!

Last edited by WooCRISPY; 10-01-2017 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Match Length
Old 10-01-2017, 01:33 AM   #520
Rookie

Another at the same settings as before. Not my best work, still getting my legs, and its the first time I've ever used an xbox controller, and I stink. Ill try some back at the OP/slow settings w/the 51 sprint tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »