Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #641
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
The one that makes the biggest difference easily is the aggression tactic for each team. I think referee decision making is tied to this one and it can easily be seen by doing a test with a team rated around 40 or less and watch what happens. You will see some contact and what should be a foul, but it will rarely get called. Bump it over 45 and you will start to see the calls. This of course can lead to issues with pulling defenders out of shape and more, but this is the route to take if you are craving more fouls. These need to be scaled higher by the tactics guys and then balanced with the pressure and lines to keep things together. Most EA default Agg ratings start around 25 for the lower teams, but I think low teams need to start around 45 and higher as that is the point you start to see the refs make the calls as they should. I would not go much over 80 as that is where you start to see the double teaming really kick in and pull defenders out of position.
Just a small correction, the double team starts at 67 (as all last options on team sliders like passing, shooting... itīs at the 67 value that goes from "normal" to the last option).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #642
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34
From EA Patch Notes:

Addressed the following in Gameplay:
- Tuned goalkeeper reactions in certain situations.
- Tuned down the difficulty for Amateur and Semi-Pro difficulties.
- Reduced shot accuracy and slightly increased goalkeeper reaction times in certain in-game situations.

This doesn't sound terrible? *Crosses Fingers*

Edit: And by terrible I meant non-gamebreaking. If they only messed with GK's and a bit of shot accuracy we should be able to tune sliders accordingly.

Edit 2: Patch is 1.23 GB download for PC.
Oh boy.....here's to hoping things don't get screwy...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #643
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Oh boy.....here's to hoping things don't get screwy...
I was able to play almost a full game with OS sliders, normal in a test CM and I thought it played just like it did last night. Small sample size I know but nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so far so good.

INCOMING VENT!

What the heck is up with injuries in this freaking game?!?! I just signed a free agent to add depth and 2 games in I lost him to an ACL injury(7 months)!!! On the field injury, had to sub, weather was cloudy, no rain. Every time I sign or buy someone 2 games in they are gone for months?!?! This was on 50/50 freq/sev again.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #644
Banned

OVR: 0

After the 1.2gb update I have played with the sliders i posted earlier. I did make one change and change the line length the 45 for user and cpu. This setting I got from the front page on here
I have to say the every match was absolutely stunning. Every game was a battle and end to end. I lost a few and won a few.
My style of hectic batttling attacking fast football may not be for everyone but I certainly like it.
Fifa 18 started today for me. After much tinkering I have got it right.
And wow what a game it is.
This site certainly helped with its slider advice.
I admit that compared to last year my sliders are bizarre. So what as long as they work.
The cpu certainly plays a good hard game with my sliders.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #645
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Chiming in on the injury slider at 50/50, I'm 3 games into my career and in the 2nd game I lost Vincent Kompany for 7 months with an ACL Tear and in my 3rd game I lost David Silva for 3 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #646
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Just a small correction, the double team starts at 67 (as all last options on team sliders like passing, shooting... itīs at the 67 value that goes from "normal" to the last option).
True, but I have been able to push that higher before they double team like mad. Just need to find the limit to how high it can go.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 10-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #647
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
True, but I have been able to push that higher before they double team like mad. Just need to find the limit to how high it can go.
Excellent findings Paper, keep up the great work.

Gotta love those patch notes, 90% FUT nonsense. Unfortunately, I've seen some of the shocking CPU team selection appear in my CM's. Only had it one game vs Bayern (of course what I had hoped would be the biggest test I've faced yet). The fact we still have to deal with this is just unacceptable. JUST LET US EDIT THE CPU PRE GAME. I just can't believe they haven't added this option. Don't even have to mess with stuff under the hood, just add this option.

RE: Pass speed. Am I playing a different game? I've streamed a lot of my matches and not once has anyone noticed balls just dying to someone's feet. Still see balls miss long and wide, rolling out bounds. I switch fields, play low and high crosses, the whole array of passing options are still at my disposal.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #648
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Chiming in on the injury slider at 50/50, I'm 3 games into my career and in the 2nd game I lost Vincent Kompany for 7 months with an ACL Tear and in my 3rd game I lost David Silva for 3 weeks.
I lost Vardy in the first game and Ineacho in the 4th game, both to long injuries

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »