Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #697
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, they are always 'in progress' this early on after the game drops.

However, that is the official base we are working off of right now...it plays very solidly, just looking to milk a bit more out of it. Definitely fire those up.

As there are official updates (or official 'test sets'), Matt will keep the opening post up-to-date.
Ok thanks mate
Old 10-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #698
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMeatball
Just to report back on my brief experience with RF. I felt like 60 was a threshold for upping RF using the current set. Above 60 and the CPUs passing changed to a much more direct passes. I was going to try a stagger with the CPU RF somewhere between 55 and 60.

I like Josh's thoughts on this too. Wasn't the reason that RF got set back up to 50 because of the low pass speed? We were trying to give the CPU more edge to their attacks? I'm very willing to give lower RF a try too. Maybe I can get a few more games out tonight
Yeah, I remember the stream...we were using the 15 RF and 35 pass speed...Matt fired up a lower league game and it was pretty bad (like they looked inept and had zero flow)....but because the 35 pass speed had killed the driven pass (which is why we initially went ultra-low on RF), he reverted it back to default and it helped. It's why I don't want to go super low, but opted to try out a more moderate value.

(To your experiment...that seems about right....seems like with this game, nearly anything outside that 40-60 range begins to cause issues)
Old 10-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #699
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeypvfc
Yeah I no they are ahhhh, I thought maybe they are work in progress sliders, are they?
The current set is completely playable for a long time I bet too. In fact, thats kind of the point...to play the hell out of it, and see where the mirrors/wheels fall off. I don't think anybody has quite done that yet, but we are all trying to.
Now that you have read this thread, you can say goodbye to be able to commit to a set for your MM.
You are officially ruined, like the rest of us.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #700
MVP

OVR: 6

Here we go, 42/42 RF... would say advantage had another 3-5 fouls easily too really good game on the road vs top of the table Leverkusen
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ap_4F20E80F-2B50-4C61-A452-13AA70F45FDA.jpeg (395.6 KB, 154 views)
Old 10-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #701
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
Last few games I've tried pass err at 57 . pass speed 35 just as the OP . Gonna go down to 55 and see how that works . I can clearly see im the one 1 experiencing this and it drives me crazy lol . They seem to have no brain in their play and decision making at all .

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I agree with Edge on this one too. 15 min is almost essential in my opinion. Not even taking into account the cpu, anything lower makes me feel personally rushed, and changes my game for the worse. Its tough for some people to bump up to 15, but its really helps you get immersed in the game, and you wont even notice it after a while. I'm still considering bumping up to 20min for one of my MMs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #702
Rookie

Played two games after the patch on PC.
1) It's faster. No question about it. I don't even know if stamina plays any role to the game anymore in the 2nd half.
2) They said they tweaked the lower diff. levels but maybe all are affected, WC seemed easier to me. I think the CPU gives you a liiiittle more space/time around their box.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #703
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Ok a question and observation (in fact, a question rising from an observation...)

I read on here (don't ask me where, I am struggling to wade through this monster of a thread as it is lol) that somebody mentioned passing speed at 42 was a success for him, so I have done the same in the next video, 4 matches as close a contest as I can recall in recent memory! Low scoring too (1-1's, 1-0's etc.)

I only adjusted the USER PS to 42, left the CPU at 35, the rest as OP.

Now my question is, shouldn't this give me an advantage over the CPU? In theory at least? In actual fact it has made the CPU ultra competitive, with midfield battles particularly tricky to navigate! Also bc I left CPU PS at 35, the driven pass is rare at best.

Bear in mind this is just my observations, if anyone else has tried this I would be interested in what they think?

Thanks!

PS I will link the video shortly.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #704
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Here we go, 42/42 RF... would say advantage had another 3-5 fouls easily too really good game on the road vs top of the table Leverkusen
Restart the matchand play with 52/52 RF, please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »