Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #753
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherrera1015
Is the acceleration in favor of the User to prevent the CPU from making such quick stop and turns? I feel as though that happens to me a lot, especially near the box. My defenders can never stop and turn back to defend against the CPU quick enough so that's all the CPU has to do to get an open shot on goal. Do you get what I'm saying? I'm using R2 + L2 when defending
He actually has his own thread to answer questions on that setup if you're interested.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #754
MVP

OVR: 0

Is anyone seeing a sliding ,gliding type animation ? For example it happens all the time to me if I don't put enough power on a pass and the intended receiver does this weird stop and slide to try and get the ball if the pass is short . Its looks absolutely ridiculous , it's like they are on skates .

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dbaja22; 10-04-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #755
Rookie

YDraigBryste's Arena

I like the sliders so far. Using Bristol City and one thing Im not enjoying is the lack of fouls, did a game in the rain against Birmingham and there was only 1 foul all game. I use legacy defending, if thats any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #756
Rookie

Istanbul's Arena

I didnt have the opportunity to play the game before patch arrived.How bad is the game after the patch?Did i miss it too much

PS: I dont like online gaming, I'm offline gamer with patched camera angle thanks to the Doctor Fidel.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #757
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdemarco
I tried the sliders and having pass speed all the way down to 35 just doesn't work in my opinion. The animations are nice, but it causes a minor disruption in how smoothly the camera scrolls forward. I'm gonna try it at 45/45 and see how that works.

Also, I think AI speed and acceleration needs to be set lower than the user values, otherwise you're just never going to be allowed to outrun an AI opponent on World Class.
I had similar issues, mainly under-hit passes (from me) I tried persevering but eventually tried 42/35 PS and voila! All looks and feels good (so far) and despite it appearing I have an advantage over the CPU now the games since this change have been the tightest I have experienced in a very long time.

This is all before the incoming (to XBox) patch, so will wait and see what damage that does!
Old 10-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #758
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Streaming a bit early:

OP Set, 50 Sprint

https://go.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 10-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #759
Rookie

Talking Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Started a season as Swansea.
Played three.
Lost, drew, drew,
Stats have been fairish / similar.
Playing on ten minutes, legendary.
Passing error for the user needs bringing down a bit imo.
Finding it difficult to unluck the CPU in defense tbh, the sliders seem good work , but do need tweaks I think. Great work as usual though.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #760
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Finally had enough time to give this slider set a proper run through. Here's my impressions. Some good, some bad. Frankly, there's a few things that these sliders do that I'm surprised people are okay with.

Overall, generally really like that there's more fouls, more of a midfield battle, and more error.

Passing speed though - my lord, this is not realistic passing with this low of a setting. Yes, I love that the driven pass is toned down but the regular passing game is nothing like real life. It's bad enough that passes sometimes trickle off my players boot, but when you combine the sluggish speed with the legacy issue of FIFA players not coming for the ball... I'm just shocked this is what people like.

Pass error feels a little too high as well. I definitely want more error than at default, but at 60 I'm seeing too much "strange" error that shouldn't be happening with elite players.

One thing I noticed that's interesting to me is with this set I found tackling (with Tactical Defending) far easier. I don't know if it's first touch or what but it seems like players aren't near as good on the dribble. Not sure what that it is. Maybe it's playing on Slow game speed when I usually play on Normal. Considering how much I can suck at 1-on-1 defending at default, this was nice but felt too easy at times.

The easier tackling contributes to the other big issue for me - the CPU has been really poor in attack with this set for me. I'm playing on Legendary, and the CPU so far is averaging 2-3 shots on target and finishing with under 80% passing. It's been really easy to defend. My main complaint of default FIFA 18 is that attack is overpowered but this feels a little imbalanced the other way.

Also, does anyone else feel like there's something not quite right with Slow game speed this year? I can't quite place it but something feels slightly out of sorts with it.

Overall, absolutely love the increased midfield play, the messiness that is added to the game, the fouls(!), but the passing seems totally unrealistic and just, ugh. I get trying to limit the driven pass but at the expense of the rest of the passing game? Personally I'd rather a few bad driven passes per game vs all regular passes feeling like I'm playing in mud. That and the CPU being too easy to defend against.

For me, the magic is in the first touch error and the line settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »