Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 10-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #777
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8813
I just fired up FIFA 18 on Xbox One for the first time in two days, it is a update out now for 1.4 GB, I don't know if that's the update everyones waiting for or an earlier update though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Yes mate, official Fifa forums now say patch is out on PC & Xbox, doesn't mention PS though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Uggghh.. hoping for today for PS4!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2017, 08:56 AM   #778
Pro

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballlover11
Hi pal,I'm getting the exact same thing as you.
I was full manual but changed to semi for shooting as so many as I would call handy finishes are all going wide,even close in for both me and AI.
I don't get it as I'm Liverpool and there not that bad finishing 🙄
Did u find anything to help?
No I haven't got to play anymore games since my post. It would almost be comical if it wasn't so frustrating.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #779
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Just got booted from EA servers with prompt for title update on PS4...
Old 10-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #780
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I've got to chime in here.. it's not that we are looking to eliminate a single driven pass, the game is literally unplayable at 50 pass speed. CPU will abandon all methods of attack and revert to chaining 3-5 driven passes in a row to break you down for a goal.

I understand the complaints, I really do... but what I can't really wrap my head around is that I've literally done a dozen streams at 35 pass speed and I do not see this weak passing. In fact I love that a small button tap will be a lay off pass that really wasn't possible at default values. Further, you'll see I use the full array of crossing and passing controls to my disposal and still can ping that ball through a crowded midfield and conversely see the CPU feature the same variety of passing.

Maybe a difference in style or opinion but it wasn't like I arrived at 35 by accident. It's a blend of controlling the spastic CPU attack, while also keeping the full variety of passing available to the user and CPU.

But, I think enough of the crowd has spoken on this that it must be something I'm just not seeing at all. I do think from the limited streams of Matt that I've caught, passing does seem to have a bit more zip to it. I'll be testing the driven threshold again post patch as well.

Cheers!
Although I respect your opinion, I just have to respectfully disagree - both with your hyperbole and your own impressions.

Saying the game is literally unplayable at 50 pass speed... I mean, c'mon. Most people play and enjoy the game at default, so let's be real here. Personally - if I wan't to be hyperbolic - I'd say the game is unplayable at 35 pass speed. Not only do I find the pass speed to be unrealistically sluggish, but I find it makes defending too easy.

But I'm not going to be hyperbolic because I know that we all have different skill levels and everyone tends to see things slightly differently.

I also don't understand what people are saying that they're able to do things with 35 pass speed that you can't at default. Including layoff passes, I haven't noticed anything I can't do at default. Maybe it's a difference in game speed or assistance settings that we're using?

I think maybe it's a pick your poison decision - do you want to play with some unrealistic attack by the AI (although your suggestion that the CPU will abandon all other types of attack is again an extreme exageration) or are you okay with a slower and easier gameplay?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #781
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Although I respect your opinion, I just have to respectfully disagree - both with your hyperbole and your own impressions.

Saying the game is literally unplayable at 50 pass speed... I mean, c'mon. Most people play and enjoy the game at default, so let's be real here. Personally - if I wan't to be hyperbolic - I'd say the game is unplayable at 35 pass speed. Not only do I find the pass speed to be unrealistically sluggish, but I find it makes defending too easy.

But I'm not going to be hyperbolic because I know that we all have different skill levels and everyone tends to see things slightly differently.

I also don't understand what people are saying that they're able to do things with 35 pass speed that you can't at default. Including layoff passes, I haven't noticed anything I can't do at default. Maybe it's a difference in game speed or assistance settings that we're using?

I think maybe it's a pick your poison decision - do you want to play with some unrealistic attack by the AI (although your suggestion that the CPU will abandon all other types of attack is again an extreme exageration) or are you okay with a slower and easier gameplay?
Personally, I find 35 pass speed much more enjoyable on manual than 50. It feels closer to the Demo to me. For me it does two things, it gives me greater control of touch in close quarter situations, and it creates a greater distinction between the three types of passes: normal, through, and driven. That's just me though. I wouldn't say that 50 is unplayable but it does give it a "one pass fits all" feel. Again, this is just my preference while playing all manual and it is certainly subjective. I think that's the point of the sliders, to get to a point where the fundamentals are playing realistically so that we can then fine tune the mechanics of it to our tastes.

Downloading patch now.for PS4...

Last edited by TeleTex82; 10-05-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #782
Rookie

I think a lot of this disparity comes in the controls. On the front end there is no suggestion of control methods and most people take it as user choice...which it is of course...BUT in this years version the difference between automatic/semi and manual is huge. For me the two control options should have their own slider set...we're really talking apples and oranges here.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #783
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Had the best 0-0 draw in some time last night between Portland and NYCFC. Game had it all with a nice chippy feel. Villa ripped a patented 30 yd strike that just missed. Even got a free kick with Valeri that hit the bar. First game I just played for fun with no testing and first with updated tactics I made. Cannot stress how much better game can play with these updated including changes to defensive aggression and pressure. I also think this slider base is about as close as it can get apart from small changes that most will need to make based on their own preferences.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 10-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #784
Rookie

Now the update is out I'm just starting a new CM on Xbox with Blackburn. Overwriting my terrible Crystal Palace CM with it and using the sliders on page 1. Hoping that they work best with this patched XBox version. I'm on Legendary difficulty on 10 minutes per half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »