Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #1465
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34

I second this. Some games the CPU seems to create and just not want to shoot or can't finish. Other games I have seen CPU be brilliant in attack and capitalize on their chances. I think it has a lot to do with CTT's. Right now I am kind of leaning towards real life where not all teams play the same so I'm kinda just rolling with it. Hoping to get some more games and will continue to observe. I am focusing on just testing Portsmouth in League One as I feel the game is playing better right now in the lower leagues. I feel overpowered in the Prem with Bournemouth at the moment. Trying to figure out why that is and if I can somehow correct it.
Agree as well and I'm now working on ways to modify the slider set to make it more difficult to defend. I do have games where the CPU is a true threat, but I'd say that at least 3/5 matches I feel like with defending I'm just on cruise control because I know they'll fluff their chances.

I'm also a little worried because I'm noticing a trend that I tend to completely dominate possession pretty much all matches. I'm not playing full manual, and I know that'd make a difference, but all my attacking stats are pretty darn realistic so I really feel like the problem is that it's too easy to get the ball from the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #1466
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I think if you report problems, you need to also include if you are specifically using V3 exactly, or with modifications.

Even though it's Version 3, it doesn't mean there isn't room for Beta V4. Problem is we're not receiving enough feedback specifically about the set.

If you're happy with what you have, then that's fine. If you want to provide feedback, then do so, but keep in mind the values chosen are to help some of the issues others had. So if you aren't having said issues, then those changes may not apply to you.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #1467
Rookie

OVR: 4

im playing 8 minute quarters and most of the games are 1 or 2 goal games..I cant seem to score at all anymore, so depressing, every ai tackle is perfect,as soon as i get the ball to my attacker near the box its an automatic tackle,dont even have time to do anything,stopped enyoing this game and the way you get pushed off the ball is truly ridiculous
Old 10-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #1468
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think if you report problems, you need to also include if you are specifically using V3 exactly, or with modifications.

Even though it's Version 3, it doesn't mean there isn't room for Beta V4. Problem is we're not receiving enough feedback specifically about the set.

If you're happy with what you have, then that's fine. If you want to provide feedback, then do so, but keep in mind the values chosen are to help some of the issues others had. So if you aren't having said issues, then those changes may not apply to you.

I would like to tame the CPU from his attacking power just a lil bit. The Rest I really love. Using v3 original. It's just that the CPU is so crazy good in attacking. It's too annoying to play against big teams. It's so hard to get the ball back.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #1469
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramawolf
I put keepers to 50/50 cause they make fair amount of saves but still able to bang in 2-3 goals every few games... why should I lower it?
This is up to you. If you like how it is going, then why change it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
I am almost happy with the game, but I played some more today and noticed a pattern that is bothering me.

In a clear majority of CPU attacks, I can interrupt their play at least once. In most cases I jockey and get a tackle in, creating a tussle for possession.

The problem is that in 99% of the cases, the CPU wins that tussle. That is, most of the dangerous CPU situations are a result of CPU players reacting much faster than my players to a loose ball.

So a typical (dangerous) CPU attack has the following form:
  • CPU has possession
  • we tackle / intercept
  • CPU regains possession basically always
  • problems for us.

I love attacking or, should I say, trying to attack in this game. But the pattern above makes defending look seriously unnatural (not like football). Any ideas?
Hard to say here. Do you feel like your players aren't responding? Are you using V3 exact? I'm not sure if it's FT control or pass error, or acceleration. I haven't seen this issue myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
LOL

3 weeks can go either way but that is the cutoff for stoppage of play.

The other day had collision with cpu for a header and both guys got hurt. It was nice to see. I think it’s the increased frequency that’s allowing hard contact to have realistic consequences.
What's the current Injury values to test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus598
These sliders are great, I'm really enjoying them. I'm getting good, competitive and challenging games in my NWC CM. Had some cracking games, some high scoring with last minute winners and also low scoring games, even a couple of 0-0's.

I'm definitely not having any of the issues mentioned by other posters.

In saying that, the one thing I would like to see more of is CPU long shots as I'm rarely seeing them attempt shots from outside the box.

Otherwise, it's tremendous work, and huge thanks to Matt (and other testers) who have really helped make this game play great!
I was testing at lunch, and put shot error to 50. Didn't do the best at testing as I only had time to play one match against the same team, but the test would be to raise lower shot error and play the same team, then just keep replaying the team at different shot error values.

Whether or not shot error is the value to look at I'm not sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vontanius
Hi, I'm new. I really like this sliders and I play CM with it. I play Legend and 10min, slow. Mostly of the time I win, but sometimes you have teams with 5 defender... they are sooo hard to destroy.

And then there are Teams like Man City, they are sooooo unbelievable God Like and you just can watch how the CPU destroy every single Player when they attack. Defending a good CPU Team is an unbelievable crazy competition...

I love the attacking with this sliders. But I think the defending part isn't finished, am I right?
I'm not sure how the defending isn't finished? Do you mean they aren't reacting? Are you using the V3 sliders exact? Please provide more info, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosiii
I have one problem with these sliders, I hope someone knows how to fix it.

I'm playing on legendary on slow gameplay and 10 minute halves.
The problem is that the CPU just can't finish, almost every game they have something like 15-20 shots and none of them go in because their shots are just so bad. Which sliders do I have to change to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!
Lower shot error.

Quote:
I would like to tame the CPU from his attacking power just a lil bit. The Rest I really love. Using v3 original. It's just that the CPU is so crazy good in attacking. It's too annoying to play against big teams. It's so hard to get the ball back.
Increase pass error, see what that does.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #1470
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I'm enjoying my matches a lot now. The defenders react to the ball, and are meeting the attackers properly. That was my biggest gripe before the slider changes. I love that the CPU has a risk/reward when they pass the ball forward - as it should be, because it's the same for the user.

*edit sorry for the stuttering...still trying to fix this...really have no idea what's causing it. In-game is perfectly smooth*
Old 10-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #1471
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm enjoying my matches a lot now. The defenders react to the ball, and are meeting the attackers properly. That was my biggest gripe before the slider changes. I love that the CPU has a risk/reward when they pass the ball forward - as it should be, because it's the same for the user.

*edit sorry for the stuttering...still trying to fix this...really have no idea what's causing it. In-game is perfectly smooth*
A shot attempt from outside the box at 6:13!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #1472
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I agree with this. Teams like Man City are almost impossible to slow down with West Ham. It's really just a matter of time until they pass it through to an open guy in my box and score. I love that better teams are noticeably better but it feels impossible to stop the best teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »