Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #3977
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL317
I don't think it's a speed issue. Actually I've tried giving my team a large advantage in sprint speed and even acceleration before while tinkering in order to find something that felt a little better; I guess the idea was to see if dribbling touches are faster and closer together so you gain a greater degree of control. No, it's more as if slow game speed gives you a 75% dribbling and agility nerf lol. On normal you can put a defender on his bum with twists, turns and tight control. On slow it's as if they can't be fooled or pulled out of position, and they just come in with a laser guided missile tackle and that's it.

It works the other way too. Defending feels too easy on slow game speed. Jockeying is really fast and it feels like a quality dribbler will never pass me unless my personal reactions are off and I'm not playing at my best.

I've gone back and forth between slow and normal many times just because I can tolerate the tougher defending on normal, but the way an 88 dribbler with 94 acc, 91 agility and 90 balance can only reliably beat a 75 or 80 rated CDM or CB maybe two or three times out of ten is far more frustrating. Play a game on slow, repeat it on normal, and make note of the difference in completed dribbles, interceptions and tackles. Exceptional dribblers are more likely to make 5 interceptions and 4/4 tackles than complete even 67% of dribbles on slow 😤

Another thing I've noticed on slow speed is aerial balls into tall and strong or fast attackers aren't particularly viable because a) the AI defender always manages to get directly in the way, even if in reality he should be too slow to get under the ball, b) strong players won't be able to win the tussle/fast players won't be able to get past slower defenders and get through with the ball or, most frustratingly, c) your teammate will run into a defender's back and just stumble around like he's been hit by a flashbang grenade, rather than using speed or strength or even just running around them lol. You apparently can't control your pass recipient in this situation - he'll just run into opponent's back or trip over his heels like he's suddenly lost his eyesight. On normal game speed, that aspect of attacking play feels a lot more natural. On slow you're basically forced into short, safe passing and hoping your opposition's backline falls asleep for long enough for you to cut them open with a pass and run. It gets a bit stale after a while
Too many variables to solve one problem. If you have issues with slower dribbling, which is what I was responding to I believe, then increasing Sprint speed can allow that to happen. So can acceleration and so can pass speed. Sprint speed has a lot of variables in its own. It can be the reaction slider, the speed slider, and the slider that determines how soon till a player goes into a jogging animation.

I don't see the issues describe, but will keep an eye out. I think if you use the proper timing of super cancel, you can overcome a lot of these concerns - but even then I can't say how consistent they are. I'd rather have trouble beating a professional player versus letting them be "ole'd" like they have been in the past, resulting in the need to combat bursting that happened in FIFA 17, 16 and 15. The fix was a forced High Sprint + Low acceleration. FIFA 18 has done well in positioning 1v1 better, and definitely to a fault, but it's still possible to beat players if you time close control (L2+L1 combo) in certain spots.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #3978
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL317
Another thing I've noticed on slow speed is aerial balls into tall and strong or fast attackers aren't particularly viable because a) the AI defender always manages to get directly in the way, even if in reality he should be too slow to get under the ball, b) strong players won't be able to win the tussle/fast players won't be able to get past slower defenders and get through with the ball or, most frustratingly, c) your teammate will run into a defender's back and just stumble around like he's been hit by a flashbang grenade, rather than using speed or strength or even just running around them lol. You apparently can't control your pass recipient in this situation - he'll just run into opponent's back or trip over his heels like he's suddenly lost his eyesight. On normal game speed, that aspect of attacking play feels a lot more natural. On slow you're basically forced into short, safe passing and hoping your opposition's backline falls asleep for long enough for you to cut them open with a pass and run. It gets a bit stale after a while
Did you notice this using the latest sliders or before too? Aerial balls have always been pretty effective for me on slow speed. Players like Harry Kane and Lukaku seem to always win the ball.

If you're worried about lack of runs on rf 1, you can always increase the speed and chance creation passing in custom tactics. Also, you can make players get forward with individual instructions.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #3979
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Okay had a few doubts about some of these sliders when Matt first posted them, but they do work.

Firstly sprint at 45/48 I thought yeah right, Salah will be caught by a one legged Hangeland, but no it really works. Eg: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Salah could easily out run Matic (I was Liverpool) but when he came up against Young he was matched pace for pace & I couldn’t shake him without a skill move or was tackled. This I would consider realistic.

Keeping shot error at 50 worried me as I’d had some 5-4 6-3 games recently, however I’m surprised how much they missed, did up my error to 52 as I use semi passing but 50 works well on manual.

Pass error at 50 was my biggest issue due to tikka takka of cpu, however not seeing this surprisingly at all , really liking it.

GK at 48 was also a worry due to high score lines I was seeing before these sliders & I really thought err no. However Matt again has done it, so really great saves been seen & match winning saves as well. Have seen a couple of howlers but you do in real football.

Marking being upped is always a great thing to see & 52 works for me.

For people commenting on discrepancies in length there will be a reason for this like Matt has said but also as per last year & maybe this year as well it creates fouls as well as it causes players to not be sat at the same place.

Overall these sliders are really good & I am now enjoying the game again. The only thing I’m not using is shot speed at 51, I just personally prefer 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #3980
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Okay had a few doubts about some of these sliders when Matt first posted them, but they do work.

Firstly sprint at 45/48 I thought yeah right, Salah will be caught by a one legged Hangeland, but no it really works. Eg: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Salah could easily out run Matic (I was Liverpool) but when he came up against Young he was matched pace for pace & I couldn’t shake him without a skill move or was tackled. This I would consider realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I was really worried about this too, but it seems to work. I just played Real Madrid vs Barca(me). I was able to get past a slower Toni Kroos with Suarez using a quick change of direction. Also, I loved how Real Madrid really took their time on the ball and didn't see too many driven passes to forward players.

*Edit: After another game, I realized my players actually seem to be faster. You would think that your players would be much slower on a slower sprint speed. Maybe, it has to do with the marking. The cpu seems to be just containing my players and not trying to win the ball...

Last edited by unitedred; 03-18-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #3981
Pro

In my opinion,the best set so far.
Became tighter and tougher,I had a few games prior to my first on this set,where I won easily,this was so much tougher.
Fa cup Wigan (me) v Cambridge (championship vs L1) and I know that league and cup can be two different games,remember 15,when pretty much all League cup games went to xtra time and pens.

Stats best so far
Shooting 18(9) 13(7)
Tackles 16-18
Pass % 80-85
Score 1-0
Haven’t seen the cpu be this active with shooting since I started playing 18.
Couple of other things,acceleration 45/48 seems to calm the cpu down a bit,not as hyper as I’ve seen them before.
My players steps in/up when cpu passes to a player,often trying to step in front and shield the ball,automatically,haven’t seen that before either.

Well done Matt,my only worry is that I’ll get my A kicked in every game now
15 min semi WC

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #3982
Rookie

VanillaGorillah's Arena

Here are my last game stats, with the current updates to the slider set. Legendary - Slow - 10 mins. half

Great game. The Getafe CF goalkeeper "Guaita" played above normal as you can see on the shot total and only letting in 1 goal.

My strong suit is defense and tactics in this Fifa 18.

Very competitive game, a lot of play in the midfield.

20180318_055058.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #3983
Just started!

Loving the new updated set started a CM in Spain with athletico Madrid seeing various results fouls are spot on in my eyes also noticed every third game I restart the match and stats are different in a good way keep up the good work
Old 03-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #3984
Pro

totally agree about the updated set,feels more organic to play and the 'weight' feels a lot better imo.just a better feel all around so i shall enjoy until the next update drops....thanks ea and oh,if anyone from ea happens to be reading please fix the career mode sim problem for us console users!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »