Home

FIFA 18 Teams Custom Tactics Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Teams Custom Tactics Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 10-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #401
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 18 Teams Custom Tactics Sliders

If the patch is delayed as some have indicated once the Yankees get eliminated from the baseball playoffs I'll try to test some of the parameters with the current version. Nothing in the patch notes indicated they were tinkering with the tactics with the patch, but ideally testing on the 'latest' would make sense. However, the current version should give us some ideas. I'll likely create a tournament where I can get 1 star teams and 5 star teams in to see how it works out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #402
Rookie

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

I did some more testing pre-patch,

Lyon seems hardwired too. But Valencia seemed to work better. I'm really starting to think all tactics for the CPU except the defensive and offensive styles, I think those are hardwired. This could be due to last years debacle of a setup.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #403
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Thanks!

I would like to know:

- it's possible to change CPU teams tactics? If so, just the default or all?
- CPU teams use edited tactics in CM? If so, just the default or all?
- changes in tactics are noticeable in gameplay?
- if you edit for example Man. City to a "defensive long ball tactic" will they obey or keep the original hardcoded tactic?

Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app
Now that the patch is out later today I'll download and start trying some of these. You can change tactics with the 2 controller method (and obviously in the rosters/team edit on the main menu). I'm still figuring out these game plan. I have a palace test CM where I think they play liverpool second match; should be the test to show if I set liverpool to sit deep and play long ball or possession if they obey or not; I'll set up a tournament with 1 star and 5 star clubs; One thing I may do for a 1 star club playing man city, for example, is set up one of their plans like 'attacking' to something insane like four forwards and 3 of them being defensive players...that should clue me in that if they play a defensive style, start losing, do they change their style and do they follow what you set them for. Watching Matt's stream last night at the start of the 2nd half down 2-0 the CPU team did begin pressuring more. However, they weren't very aggressive I thought in the defensive third to prevent an attacker from going down flank and getting in a cross (that may be gameplay and sliders though not tactics).

May take a few days but I'll let you know what I see as I learn more.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #404
MVP

Tonight I played three tries of Real vs Bohemians. I started as Bohemians. I edited City tactics to play deep and longball. They basically played their high pressure all game. Announcers even said the pressure was up.

Like others have been saying in the slider forum, Real was putting in a ton of crosses. I tried playing a wider defensively with the tactics adjusted as such. Seemed to help a bit, but (playing on Pro setting) my defenders really gave Real the wings and FB. When I instructed the Real FB to not overlap and stay back it reduced the number of crosses, but still seemed like there were more crosses than you'd expect.

I then switched to play as Real. At least on Pro it was pretty amazingly clear how much faster the Real players are (I didn't try legendary to see if that equilibrates the speed). I set Bohemians to long ball and play very deep. I also changed their "attacking" gameplan from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-2-4, and I moved their CB to the front line and their striker and CAM to the back line. Default tactics of Bohemians was balanced; their back line wasn't as deep.

Game started and they sat back deep like I hoped. They didn't pressure the ball. Didn't get too many opportunities to play the ball long. In the second half I moved the controller back to Bohemians. Stood on the ball and changed their gameplan to 'attacking'. Moved the controller back to the middle. Their pressure in the plan was to constant pressure. They played for pretty much the half with 4 men up front, including both center backs, before I ended the game.

So what I would want to do next is make 4 obvious game plan changes so that it would be clear what was going on (4 attacking players...or 5 in the back...constant pressure vs possession) with a lower level team and play out the game to see if during the game it is obvious the opposition is changing their plan. I'm pretty sure it is what I saw in Matt's stream the other day but would want to verify since tactics aren't his bag.

The challenge would be that you have 5 plans per team, how do you make the teams play "like real life" with those options and the time it would take to set those up in advance of starting a CM, or being able to extract real-life stats to suggest the set ups for all these teams. Then of course , if you set them up, right now i'm not sure if they will change plans on their own. Another thing if you don't have the game yet is these plans all are based on their starting lineups. So you may want to have 3 forwards in an attacking plan when normally you play a striker and CAM with 5 at the back. when you set the plan up, you have to utilize the 11 in your starting line up to set up that new formation. Perhaps when I test with radical formations and personnel, I'll see if the CPU 1) adjusts during the game, and 2) makes subs to get the more appropriate personnel on the pitch to optimize their new plan.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:57 AM   #405
Rookie

We spoke before about replicating tactics to cut down on work and time. So for example there might be only 3 created tactics but the attacking and defensive one would both be duplicated to fill the 5 slots.

Think that would be the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 07:46 AM   #406
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernadez
We spoke before about replicating tactics to cut down on work and time. So for example there might be only 3 created tactics but the attacking and defensive one would both be duplicated to fill the 5 slots.

Think that would be the way to go.
Would make sense to reduce the effort.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #407
MVP

Thanks for the feedback!

I will soon reply (I am at work).

I will also open a new thread specific for FIFA 19 so we can continue the discussion over there and for others to join.

Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #408
MVP

Please post here https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-sliders.html about FIFA 19 tactics.

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »