Home

FIFA 18 Nintendo Switch users

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Nintendo Switch users within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 03:47 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Nintendo Switch users

Anyone else got any thoughts on Run Frequency at 99?

Another extreme born out of frustration, but in real football, pretty much every single player on the pitch other than the GKs and CBs will look for space and take advantage of it at every opportunity. With Run Frequency at default/50, the CPU players in particularly just simply don't do this and they typically only involve 2 or 3 players in each attack.

I can't decide if I think it feels too manic, or if it's just that it closer resembles realistic football and it's just some defensive settings that need tweaking as a result.

Last edited by Bixer; 03-27-2018 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:59 AM   #90
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
Anyone else got any thoughts on Run Frequency at 99?

Another extreme born out of frustration, but in real football, pretty much every single player on the pitch other than the GKs and CBs will look for space and take advantage of it at every opportunity. With Run Frequency at default/50, the CPU players in particularly just simply don't do this and they typically only involve 2 or 3 players in each attack.

I can't decide if I think it feels too manic, or if it's just that it closer resembles realistic football and it's just some defensive settings that need tweaking as a result.
I think it plays great as is! If you are concerned with the manic acting CPU, how about reducing it by let's say half of the difference between 50 (baseline) and 100, so drop it to let's say 75? Then work from there.

I do feel the manic feeling but CPU plays decent otherwise only other thing I would tweak, would be the line length and width.

Just my .02 cents though.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switched_17
I think it plays great as is! If you are concerned with the manic acting CPU, how about reducing it by let's say half of the difference between 50 (baseline) and 100, so drop it to let's say 75? Then work from there.

I do feel the manic feeling but CPU plays decent otherwise only other thing I would tweak, would be the line length and width.

Just my .02 cents though.

What Length and Width settings are you currently using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #92
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Quote:
What Length and Width settings are you currently using?
Currently the same ones you had originally 99/50/51, I believe, curious if the 99 or perhaps 75 height would work with the community sliders for the other two settings. Going to tweak tonight and see what happens.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:44 PM   #93
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Bixer,

Keep in mind I play exclusively player locked and I've adjusted to play on slow game speed and I really like the animations and gameplay.

Here are my tweaks. I'm really digging these! Plays and a great pace and allows build ups and the time to pause to see who's open.

Game speed - slow

Difficulty - world class

Game length - 8 min halves

User/CPU:

Sprint Speed - 55/55

Acceleration - 54/54

Shot Error - 41/41

Pass Error - 57/57

Shot Speed - 56/56

Pass Speed - 51/51

Injury Frequency - 99/99

Injury Severity - 71/71

Goalkeeper Ability - 26/26

Marking - 48/48

Run Frequency - 57/57

Line Height - 70/70

Line Length - 42/42

Line Width - 50/50

Fullback Position - 50/50

First Touch Control Error - 70/70

Allows for difficult but not impossible gameplay with an organic and fluid play.

Try it out!

K
Old 04-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #94
Rookie

If anyone lurking is interested, after much tweaking and testing I've found that my previous assumptions were a safe bet - I really do just find that the closer you keep things to default, the better the game seems to perform as a whole. It's the settings at which the game was essentially designed, so I often feel like too many big tweaks can have a tendency to move too many things out of sync and often create combinations that are mostly untested. I've recently been using this and I can't see myself changing much now;

Slow, 8 minute halves

Sprint Speed - 47/50
Acceleration - 49/50
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/50
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 46/46
Injury Frequency - 99/99
Injury Severity - 71/71
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50
Marking - 55/55
Run Frequency - 50/50
Line Height - 99/99
Line Length - 50/50
Line Width - 50/50
First Touch Control Error - 50/50

So that's the majority of settings at default or at most no more than 5 points away from it, with only 3 of my settings at any kind of extreme (2 of those only affecting injuries anyway).

The Sprint Speed discrepancy actually seems to be one of the few from the OS Community Sliders thread that also applies to us Switch users - at an equal setting it's a little too easy for your wingers especially to glide past the CPU and once you have done they tend to just give up. I may up this to 48 if I find the game becoming too hard, but I'm quite enjoying my close scorelines at the moment - I'm seeing lots of 1-0s, 2-1s, 1-1s etc with this. Similarly I've added a slight discrepancy for Acceleration for similar reasons, however this time only slightly in the CPU's favour seems to keep those 50/50s feeling even. I'm still able to burst into the box and create good scoring chances, however I no longer feel like I'm occasionally running around statues.

Pass Speed is a personal preference and just seems to stop the ball from being pinged about too quickly and it stops things from feeling quite so end to end for 90 minutes. If I start to feel like the game's getting a little on the sluggish side then I may increase this to 47, but no more than that I don't think.

Marking is probably the only setting I'm still tweaking, only increasing it by 1 every now and again when I feel like players are consistently being given too much space in and around the box. I've already tried 60 which is a little on the high side, so I think I'll soon probably settle on somewhere around the 55/56/57 mark. This also seems to be quite crucial in having Line Height at 99, as at default your attackers are just given way too much space to get in behind (and simultaneously often all run offside like headless chickens), but a slight increase seems to give the defensive line some actual awareness of players around them and positively affects their positioning accordingly. It also seems to act somewhat as an 'Aggression' slider and I'm not sure if it's some kind of placebo, but raising it also seems to affect how quickly the CPU close you down (which is a good thing).

Last edited by Bixer; 04-04-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:57 AM   #95
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Quote:
If anyone lurking is interested, after much tweaking and testing I've found that my previous assumptions were a safe bet - I really do just find that the closer you keep things to default, the better the game seems to perform as a whole. It's the settings at which the game was essentially designed, so I often feel like too many big tweaks can have a tendency to move too many things out of sync and often create combinations that are mostly untested. I've recently been using this and I can't see myself changing much now;

Slow, 8 minute halves

Sprint Speed - 47/50
Acceleration - 49/50
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 50/50
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 46/46
Injury Frequency - 99/99
Injury Severity - 71/71
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50
Marking - 55/55
Run Frequency - 50/50
Line Height - 99/99
Line Length - 50/50
Line Width - 50/50
First Touch Control Error - 50/50

So that's the majority of settings at default or at most no more than 5 points away from it, with only 3 of my settings at any kind of extreme (2 of those only affecting injuries anyway).

The Sprint Speed discrepancy actually seems to be one of the few from the OS Community Sliders thread that also applies to us Switch users - at an equal setting it's a little too easy for your wingers especially to glide past the CPU and once you have done they tend to just give up. I may up this to 48 if I find the game becoming too hard, but I'm quite enjoying my close scorelines at the moment - I'm seeing lots of 1-0s, 2-1s, 1-1s etc with this. Similarly I've added a slight discrepancy for Acceleration for similar reasons, however this time only slightly in the CPU's favour seems to keep those 50/50s feeling even. I'm still able to burst into the box and create good scoring chances, however I no longer feel like I'm occasionally running around statues.

Pass Speed is a personal preference and just seems to stop the ball from being pinged about too quickly and it stops things from feeling quite so end to end for 90 minutes. If I start to feel like the game's getting a little on the sluggish side then I may increase this to 47, but no more than that I don't think.

Marking is probably the only setting I'm still tweaking, only increasing it by 1 every now and again when I feel like players are consistently being given too much space in and around the box. I've already tried 60 which is a little on the high side, so I think I'll soon probably settle on somewhere around the 55/56/57 mark. This also seems to be quite crucial in having Line Height at 99, as at default your attackers are just given way too much space to get in behind (and simultaneously often all run offside like headless chickens), but a slight increase seems to give the defensive line some actual awareness of players around them and positively affects their positioning accordingly. It also seems to act somewhat as an 'Aggression' slider and I'm not sure if it's some kind of placebo, but raising it also seems to affect how quickly the CPU close you down (which is a good thing).
I certainly give those a test!

I think you are right!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #96
Rookie

Played a couple more games just now and I am indeed now leaning towards User Sprint Speed at 48 and Pass Speed for both at 47, just to help make the game feel a little more fluid.

Last edited by Bixer; 04-16-2018 at 06:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »