Home

FIFA 18 Nintendo Switch users

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Nintendo Switch users within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #97
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Nintendo Switch users

Has any else picked up Football Manager for Switch, I know it's off topic but I'm loving it more than FIFA at this point. Not that FIFA is bad, it's just FM is life... lol I've always played it way more and now playing on the go is

Sent from my SM-J320V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switched_17
Has any else picked up Football Manager for Switch, I know it's off topic but I'm loving it more than FIFA at this point. Not that FIFA is bad, it's just FM is life... lol I've always played it way more and now playing on the go is

Not yet, but I am very tempted.

Although the amount FIFA already consumes my life, I do worry how much time I'd lose to something like Football Manager on the go!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #99
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Once I picked up FM, I haven't touched FIFA. It plays just like the PC version, you have everything minus a lot of the bs media stuff. You handle transfers, loans, etc.

It's my all time favorite game ever!

EDIT:

IT'S A MUST IF YOU ARE A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN!

Last edited by Switched_17; 04-16-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:24 AM   #100
Rookie

For those still interesting/lurking, I'll be editing the first post with any changes I make going forward.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #101
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Has there been any changes in play since the last update?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #102
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Definitely getting better games now... Thanks Bixby.

Funny, I have both versions, X1 and Switch. Switch is my preferred way to play.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #103
Rookie

Apologies, haven't logged in here in a while! Didn't think there were many people still playing the Switch version.

I can update the OP if people like, but to my surprise I've actually recently been playing the game on Normal game speed and I think I'm pretty set on that. When Slow is good, it's good, but as the game seems to differ so much from match to match, it's equally laboriously sluggish at times.

I've found that simply playing on Normal speed but dropping Sprint Speed and Acceleration for both teams does the trick - plus you get the added bonus of your players not on the verge of death by the 80 minute mark. I'm currently on 48/48 for both, but I'm tempted to give 47/47 a try. Surprisingly, even on Normal speed, Pass Speed at 50 is absolutely fine.

Most other things I've left pretty similar, the only noticeable change being dropping Line Length down to 40/40, but again I've only tested that for a few games so far so we'll see if it stays. As I'll explain below, it's mainly in attempt to actually involve the defense more in build up play and offer actual support to my midfield when needed, as at the moment it's feeling like they have absolutely no desire to contribute anything to the attack, which isn't realistic.

I hate it, but I still can't settle on definitive Run Frequency/Marking settings. On the one hand I prefer to leave them alone as I think they change a lot more than is immediately noticeable, but at the same time at default players on both teams just don't have that same impetus to attack or defend. If I win the ball after an opposition corner, I need my wingers and striker in particular to be busting a gut to get into the opposition box on the counter.

Similarly I've been toying with increasing Marking mainly for the fact that the defensive lines are so passive most of the time. Until a ball carrier approaches them, they're pretty much just dawdling around in their own half, not particularly pressing or closing down runners.

At the moment I'm testing both on 55, but again both settings are so finicky that I'm not set on that and any extra experimentation would be most welcome!

Last edited by Bixer; 06-19-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:20 AM   #104
Rookie

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with much higher marking recently and I think I like it.

I've worked out that 80 seems to be the threshold at which players will still prioritise their general position over sticking to a single player. So at 81 I noticed that I could carry the ball out with one of my CBs, but the opposition wingers will still actively be 'marking' my full backs who are now far behind me. At 80 however they'll behave normally and drop off in this situation - like they should.

So far it seems to make for a slightly more realistic game and the CPU feel like they actively want to get the ball off you, as opposed to the annoying way often all 11 of their players will sit behind the ball and then just counter on you.

Surprisingly, for a slider I was previously reluctant to even touch, I've had it set to 80 for 4 or 5 games now and I feel like it's made a big improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »