Home

FIFA 20 Tactics Discussion and Sharing

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Tactics Discussion and Sharing within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
FIFA 20 Tactics Discussion and Sharing

With the finding that the Team Tactics being more sensitive and effective in FIFA 20 thought I would start a thread where we could come and talk about findings and maybe share our Tactical setups with each other.

I'll start by sharing that I find this year more than others the Position selected when you move a player in the formation has more effect on player behaviour than ever before. For example the difference between a LB and a LWB is more pronounced than before and seems like EA has done some adjusting to the effect these positional changes have. Really exciting because it means that changing these roles adds another layer when figuring out how to create a system to play with.

Would love to hear what others find and use in the game as I am always into trying out different systems of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 08:35 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 20 Tactics Discussion and Sharing

As we discovered the other night, coach, when changing formations, the instructions are reset to default values based on the formations chosen. I thought this was a nice little touch in FIFA respecting the change of formations and showing a bit of football tactical knowledge.

Is there a CTT that can bring my RB to tuck in central? Similar to how Pep plays with Walker? I imagine a possibility could be to switch the gameplan that has it set up to manually move the RB central (thus changing his position)?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Have you tried the “inverted” runs for FB in player instructions? I have not yet, but I’d think that’s the first place to start
Old 10-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

I play with Man u (SORRY MATT) and have used inverted for AWB a lot. The instruction works very well this year (especially in the attacking third). It also helps when playing a pressing game in the opposing teams half because the RB is pushed into the midfield to counterpress.

In regards to Pep's style of having walker come centre it doesn't quite get it right in the build up play in your third or the middle third of the pitch. Its almost there but not quite.

I am tyring out a three back system where the three backs are labelled as
LCB CB RB . I find changing the LCB and LCB to LB and RB changes their behaviour in a way that makes them joining the attack more realistic. I am not fully convinced on how they behave while defending but that is a work in progress.

I have tried this formation and it plays out like a 4 back system when defending but an inverted RB into the midfield during possession.
Attached Images
File Type: png 3-4-2-1.PNG (2.3 KB, 304 views)
Old 10-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

I also think player instructions are more effective, when you’re applying fewer of them.

If I start assigning instructions to every player I find the effects aren’t as good.

So I try to pick a few key instructions I really want to see, then try to just manipulate the player position to get more effects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I also think player instructions are more effective, when you’re applying fewer of them.

If I start assigning instructions to every player I find the effects aren’t as good.

So I try to pick a few key instructions I really want to see, then try to just manipulate the player position to get more effects.
Agree with this. I think that the "balanced" options among the instructions are much more effective and can be seen as an instruction in themselves, if that makes sense. For instance the attacking runs for forwards, the "balanced runs" is more effective this year and so you get a great mix of runs. For the last two years I often viewed these instructions as neutral settings that did not 'do' much but know I view them as one of the set of available instructions that will have an affect.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:28 AM   #7
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

OVR: 0

Great idea to start a thread on tactics, I’m really into this!

This year I’ve found more than in previous years that the D-pad tactics in-match make a really huge difference. Have started using the ‘attacking fullbacks’ with Leicester when I can’t beat their fullback, instantly creates more 2 on 1 scenarios but leaves obvious gaps behind your flanks.

Also find one of the most effective ways of changing a game when already behind or trying to break the opposition down is to change formation mid-match, it seems to knock the CPU off their stride as suddenly your players are popping up in spaces that they weren’t before.

If you like playing 3 CBs you should check out Lazio, it’s sort of a 3-5-1-1 that looks like it shouldn’t really work but it’s great fun to play with short passes through the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-27-2019, 02:31 AM   #8
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11

Yeah definitely, too many personal instructions and (just like it would be in real life) it feels like a group of individuals all doing their own thing rather than trying to play a certain way as a team. I think as a rule I don’t usually assign any more than 2/3 per game, normally CDMs to cover centre and whatever I want the CF to do. In Vardy’s case, always ‘run behind’!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »