Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Well EA people (Mr. Zaro) are asking specifically for gameplay feedback on twitter right now, and the most liked comments are saying that it's too slow and that AI defending is op. I've said that it's good but sometimes there are more bicycle kicks than fouls. Maybe we should bunch up and speak our minds there where they are currently listening.

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-25-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Well EA people (Mr. Zaro) are asking specifically for gameplay feedback on twitter right now, and the most liked comments are saying that it's too slow and that AI defending is op. I've said that it's good but sometimes there are more bicycle kicks than fouls. Maybe we should bunch up and speak our minds there where they are currently listening.
Nearly 1.5 million views on last years thread, if EA really cared about offline they’d come ask Matt what the feedback is.

With that said, yeah I’ll be commenting on twitter, thanks for the heads up.

“AI defending OP” has me QUITE worried though. Easiest solution always seems to be to dumb them down
Old 09-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #147
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I’d love EA to turn round to FUT pace abusers & say tough it’s supposed to be hard & not fast. Said it before football is 70mins of nothing happens & 20mins of action.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #148
MVP

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask the guys who got the game early what ur thoughts are so far? I hated fifa 18 and played it literary about 10 times total and went back to fifa 17 which im still playing right now . How different is it from 18? For me the gameplay was way 2 chaotic and fast paced, CPU was just by passing the midfield with no build up play and was way too arcadey for me . sliders for me personally seemed to have no effect at all. So question i have is , is the gameplay less chaotic and patient ? Is there proper patience and build up from the CPU? I just dont wanna throw away 90$ (Toronto) again only to play a few times and be disappointed . some feedback would be great n thanks

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #149
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Too slow....
Typically Ultimate teamer response. For every 1 of us looking for sim play, you get 1000 of them. That is the battle we are against, but still I hope all post feedback to them in some form. We have to try at least. Thanks for posting this.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #150
Just started!

Hi guys!

Firstly, thank you. I've been reading the threads for a few years now, and actually found FIFA playable with the previous slider sets. Great job.

Concerning the ever-active discussion on fouls... I think that one thing to consider is the role of dribbling. To make it clear, Im not speaking about rainbow flicks etc. but "realistic" dribbling. The lack of fouls can (among other things) be a result of "too realistic" dribbling, which I would describe as purely jogging/running with the ball with some "ordinary" change of direction.

I am not a fan of skill moves myself, but I think we should consider adding some simple skill moves to the play in order to get more fouls in those close combat situations. I mean, that's how it goes in real football matches also. You need to often outsmart the opponent to draw a foul.

One 1* skill move which should provoke fouls is the so-called "la croqueta", in which the attacking player plainly switches the ball from one foot to another. The skill move is done by holding LB (xbox) or LT (PS) while moving the left stick to the desired direction.

PS. I still haven't played the actual game, I will get it on Friday.

PPS. Which camera angle are you using Matt? Which zoom levels?

EDIT: https://youtu.be/XYiEBF9aD-0?t=447 <-- Here you can see an example, although I bet he is not using any sliders.

Last edited by RonMoss; 09-25-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #151
Rookie

Hi guys!

I used this version of the sliders and make some changes to fit to my style of play. For me, was too easy make goals on counter-attack or using tbe through ball, resulting in a large number of goals for match.
After few hours, i think i found the right setup. Sadly, my 10 hours on Xbox One expire.. When i can play, i will make more tests and share the setup and the feedback.
Sorry for my english.. i’m brazilian..
Thanks Matt!

C.R. Flamengo: The greatest team fron Brazil and the bigger and lover ultras of the world!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #152
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMoss
I am not a fan of skill moves myself, but I think we should consider adding some simple skill moves to the play in order to get more fouls in those close combat situations. I mean, that's how it goes in real football matches also. You need to often outsmart the opponent to draw a foul.
This!

I’m definitely not a skiller. My most complicated move is the spin. 🙂 I do get at least three to four fouls per match and it comes while doing a feint, ball roll, or foot switch. Of course there are some to stop breakaways.

It’s whenever I’m in “serious mode” and concentrating more on trying to preserv a win with conservative play that I experience the least fouls, 0-1. Needless to say I don’t try skill p,ay at those times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »