Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I played with potential Set V1B in this video:

Very good Matt! How many shots did you and the CPU give? My challenge is to make the CPU give as many shots as I do in a balanced team game
Old 09-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #50
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

That game looked really good and just classic Premier League.

One thing I have to say, I am loving the GK's in this game right now. I've always liked their movements and all that, but in the past I've thought they were almost too good. In my time playing and watching videos, they are finally making mistakes. The best part is I haven't found any times where I'm thinking oh that's just poor programming. It actually feels and looks natural. Possibly ratings are actually mattering a bit more especially when it comes to situations like the 2nd minute goal for Watford. I'm not sure how to test it but maybe a GK like De Gea for instance comes out aggressive and catches that ball. That would be a really cool thing to test to see if ratings are playing a bigger factor with goalies, instead of having all goalies programmed the exact same.

I've also spotted situations where crosses to the box are not automatically caught. They are coming out late, missing catches or punches, and it's leading to goals. It's not to the point where it happens unrealistically either. It just seems natural. No doubt my thinking could change after continuing to play and see videos, but for now I love it.

Also, that cross breakup by Mawson in the 79th was awesome looking. Something you'd see in real life. In fact I'm loving the blocks and clearances in general so far. I'm assuming the ball being back to normal size has increased this. It makes the game a bit more sloppy which is nice.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocardoso22
Very good Matt! How many shots did you and the CPU give? My challenge is to make the CPU give as many shots as I do in a balanced team game
CPU took 6 shots, 3 on target, user took 7 shots, 3 on target as well.

Tackles were 9 for User, 10 for CPU, each had 1 foul which resulted in yellow card.

Passing % was high for CPU at 85, and 73% for user.

Not bad though. The lines are more compressed, so it's going to happen. No tiki-taka whatsoever, very happy with how it played.

About to stream shortly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

STREAMING NOW:

http://twitch.tv/matt10l

√ Set V1B can very well be out tonight. Using a lot of values we learned from FIFA 16 actually....

Values to be added in next update mid-stream.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #53
Pro

So Matt, now that we have the added tactics that we can edit for defending, balanced, attacking etc how will slider changes to say, line height and width affect editing them in the tactics? Are you confident that they will go hand in hand or do you foresee a problem there. Example, say you edit ultra defending to drop back and alter the height/length bar, how will the line height and length sliders ‘adapt’ to that if you get what I mean. I’m sure there are many more slider/tactics related issues that others can think of but those were the two that I’m concerned about.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-22-2018, 01:54 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
So Matt, now that we have the added tactics that we can edit for defending, balanced, attacking etc how will slider changes to say, line height and width affect editing them in the tactics? Are you confident that they will go hand in hand or do you foresee a problem there. Example, say you edit ultra defending to drop back and alter the height/length bar, how will the line height and length sliders ‘adapt’ to that if you get what I mean. I’m sure there are many more slider/tactics related issues that others can think of but those were the two that I’m concerned about.

I haven't seen any issues. Teams have stayed within their tactical range, and the sliders have complimented that as well. No irregular positioning either.

Overall, really enjoying the game, posting Set V1B shortly.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:16 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I haven't seen any issues. Teams have stayed within their tactical range, and the sliders have complimented that as well. No irregular positioning either.

Overall, really enjoying the game, posting Set V1B shortly.

This is very encouraging, almost too good to be true lol!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 02:17 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Set Version 1 Beta: "V1B"

√ Right, I've had a lot of time with the game, and it's no surprise a set has already come out. I feel this is a solid base to work with. For those who are history buffs, you may recognize most values derive from our FIFA 16 OS Sliders final set. Anyone who loves FIFA knows that FIFA 16 is one of the best versions of the game, so it is always a good sign that values from that game are being applied here.

Here is the set, with my explanation:

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V1B
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 10 minute halves
Speed: Slow
Controls: Semi
►Sprint Speed: 51/50
- Giving the user a small advantage so they are not chased down due to catch up bug constantly.

►Acceleration: 50/50; Legendary/Ultimate use 50/49
- Found that in order to compete on Legendary and Ultimate team, that the CPU's acceleration just had to be lowered. Too much cheating and it wasn't very realistic to play where the CPU wins every loose ball, every pass and scores at will. Still a good challenge here.

►Shot Error: 51/51
- Raised just slightly because too many shots on frame, resulting in upwards to 10+ saves a match. Good variety in shots as well.

►Pass Error: 55/55
- Raised this one up to create a sense of hesitation with the ball, but also freeing it up as much as possible, especially under pressure.

►Shot Speed: 48/48
- Lowered this value because the shots were way too powerful on default. It'd be one thing if it were a powerful shot, but the keeper also doesn't look quite right in their saves when this happens. At 48, they still shoot with venom, and adjustments to the goalkeeper are made to accommodate this change.

►Pass Speed: 46/46
- Always a big one, but this time it serves the purpose of purely passing speed. At driven pass speed, the ball looks to be fine, but with the adjustments to FT control, this driven pass will not be the only way the CPU has to attack you.

►Injury Frequency: 70/70
- Just a bump of significance to see if we get more injuries during the game. Would be nice if it were this easy .

►Injury Severity: 60/60
- Same as Injury frequency, some depth the CM would be added when star players get injured.

►GK Ability: 48/48
- As mentioned above, this adjustment helps the 48 shot speed look more realistic, and the keeper can still make some blinding saves.

►Marking: 40/40
- Very important that we loosened up the players from their magnetic fields. With the marking at 40, this will now allow the formation, tactics and instructions to take place.

►Run Frequency: 1/1
- Always a value that we say we aren't going to drop, but each time it is just a core issue of the game itself where it is acceptable to bombard players forward.

►Height: 65/60
- Discrepancy like we did in FIFA 16, this allowed there to be more of a midfield pushed into the opponent's attack as a result.

►Length: 45/50
- This further enhanced the length of the pitch to be compressed as both teams' defensive line served as the outer walls. Midfield is back with this set up.

►Width: 52/52
- Adjusting for the width that gets lessened as length is increased.

►FB Positioning: 100/100
- This helps with transition plays, and also allows the FB to get as far as possible to the endlines.

►FT Control: 65/65
- There needs to be a sense of fighting for the ball, not every touch is going to be perfect. Not every trap should be perfect.

Last edited by Matt10; 09-22-2018 at 07:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »