Home

FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 06:02 AM   #17
Pro

1860fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

Hi Chrisx So how do you describe it, I think that the CPU in the course of the game but the tactics maybe changes, because the CPU still wants to make up for the compensation if they are back I go out hard ..?
Coach had told me he wanted to test with other teams and give notice ..
do you also test further with other teams?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #18
Rookie

Played a few more games looking into this, so I'm pretty sure now, the cpu will play on balanced all day long and not switch between the 5 team sweets.

What happens though is that in the last 10 minutes of the game they may change formation (not always curiously, maybe it depends on goal difference), I've seen another 2 teams switch to a 3-4-3 when losing, and they will make subs, maybe bring in an extra striker because of the new formation but they always play on balanced.

This means that if they are a pressing team they will keep on pressing even if they're winning, and if they sit back by default they will let you play keep ball even if they're losing.

I don't know what's up with the 3-4-3 when they're losing. Did they do that in fifa18 last year? Because it's not part of any of the 5 team sheets so if I had to guess Id say that it's leftover code from previous years and they couldn't be bothered to add logic for the new system.

This game seems unfinished... I hope they can finish it up in the next couple of patches and not with fifa20. It is a brand new system so maybe there's hope or am I too naive?!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Played a few more games looking into this, so I'm pretty sure now, the cpu will play on balanced all day long and not switch between the 5 team sweets.

What happens though is that in the last 10 minutes of the game they may change formation (not always curiously, maybe it depends on goal difference), I've seen another 2 teams switch to a 3-4-3 when losing, and they will make subs, maybe bring in an extra striker because of the new formation but they always play on balanced.

This means that if they are a pressing team they will keep on pressing even if they're winning, and if they sit back by default they will let you play keep ball even if they're losing.

I don't know what's up with the 3-4-3 when they're losing. Did they do that in fifa18 last year? Because it's not part of any of the 5 team sheets so if I had to guess Id say that it's leftover code from previous years and they couldn't be bothered to add logic for the new system.

This game seems unfinished... I hope they can finish it up in the next couple of patches and not with fifa20. It is a brand new system so maybe there's hope or am I too naive?!
In fifa 17 they used this formation , everytime they were losing or tied they would always switch to this around the 70th min . Not sure about 18 cus i avoided that disaster .

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 12:48 AM   #20
Rookie

Seen that 4-4-2 as well in the last minutes! You can tell these formations from the default ones by the way the players are lined up in ... well, a 100% straight line. Also, naturally, when they do this, a couple of players may end up in a weird position.

So, it's legacy code from the old system, I was probably right, lol.

This is kind of a biggie if they can't use the new one and adjust their pressure & aggression as well.

Games with teams that use constant pressure can be some of the worst / most tiring because of this. And their version of pressure needs some tweaking I feel, as "constant pressure" plays like "no midfield for the entire 90 minutes" and "pressure on possession loss", while a bit better plays like "I lost possession but I don't need no midfield for the next 7 seconds", it's kinda dumb how 3 or more players chase the ball and not potential pass targets.

Last edited by Chrisx; 10-18-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:48 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Seen that 4-4-2 as well in the last minutes! You can tell these formations from the default ones by the way the players are lined up in ... well, a 100% straight line. Also, naturally, when they do this, a couple of players may end up in a weird position.

So, it's legacy code from the old system, I was probably right, lol.

This is kind of a biggie if they can't use the new one and adjust their pressure & aggression as well.

Games with teams that use constant pressure can be some of the worst / most tiring because of this. And their version of pressure needs some tweaking I feel, as "constant pressure" plays like "no midfield for the entire 90 minutes" and "pressure on possession loss", while a bit better plays like "I lost possession but I don't need no midfield for the next 7 seconds", it's kinda dumb how 3 or more players chase the ball and not potential pass targets.
Disappointing, to say the least...

Adding that to other big gameplay issues (OP CPU crosses/headers, etc), It looks like I will not buy FIFA 19. I don't believe any future patch will correct these problems...

I will probably post my estimated teams custom tactics anyway (already started it).

Cheers!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-18-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Disappointing, to say the least...

Adding that to other big gameplay issues (OP CPU crosses/headers, etc), It looks like I will not buy FIFA 19. I don't believe any future patch will correct these problems...

I will probably post my estimated teams custom tactics anyway (already started it).

Cheers!

I have to agree unless there was an oversight in their implementation this year that would make a correction easy to turn on (not saying it would work), they won't correct this with a patch. As I've mentioned if you do the two -controller method you could set up your opponent with game plans in advance then when it is logical switch to them, implement that game plan and they'd stay on it. So if it makes sense to bring in a striker for a CDM and go 4-3-3 late, you could have that pre-set, then just make the switch manually (not sure if they would eventually sub in the striker or if you should do it yourself (?)). It isn't ideal but it is something I will try. Whatever background information Ricardo can provide for teams is most welcome.

I just don't think we're there yet with the human intuition and decision making in these games. Madden I've heard doesn't have a sense of urgency down 2 scores with 6 minutes to go, doesn't use time outs as you'd expect an NFL coach to use; the Show doesn't use bullpens the way you'd expect, and doesn't adjust well when you get to the playoffs for bullpen use. Tactics even at a high level would seem to be easy to implement on a 'use this or use that' basis based on the score, time left, etc. Then there are subtle things that would be harder like if Southampton were level with Man City in the 85th minute, I'd expect them to sit back to draw a point. Whereas if they were playing Notts county, I'd expect they may try for a win if at home, draw on the road. This just may not be something they can implement with ease still working off older coding.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #23
Rookie

I don't know coach, it's not that long ago that we had AI that piled on the pressure if they needed a goal and parked the bus and tried to waste time by the corner flag when winning.

Maybe it needed improving and maybe it didn't make much sense in a select few corner cases but it worked fine 99% of the time.

It's not unreasonable to expect improved features rather than removed features, especially when it comes to core gameplay. A couple of months ago I was happily playing fifa 16 and felt that 19 was a make or break iteration. Now I feel the same about the next patch. Improved animations and ball physics are essential but not enough as demonstrated by pes for years now

This new tactics systems was supposed to be a big selling point, there were no asterisks or small text disclaimers saying that it was meant for online play only and that we had to play as both teams if we wanted to use it properly offline.

Last edited by Chrisx; 10-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #24
MVP

Question:

Do you think Defensive Style Constant Pressure should be set on Balanced tactics or be reserved just to Attacking tactics?

Same thought about Drop back...

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-19-2018 at 07:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »