Home

FIFA 19 World Class Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 World Class Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 World Class Slider Set

Sounds weird but I seemed to have less severe injuries when I had it on 30 or 35. I’ll try 20 though as that’s the logical way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 10:53 PM   #66
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
Sounds weird but I seemed to have less severe injuries when I had it on 30 or 35. I’ll try 20 though as that’s the logical way to go.

You may very well be right. I mean as many of the settings that have been put back to 50 with this set, it may be worth it to test this out. My season 2 Burnley see's me in 17th not only fighting to stay out of the relegation zone but also very well could be fighting for my job as well. So I may test the rest of the season at 50 just to see what happens. Seeing how I just lost a promising midfielder to a broken toe lol
Old 04-23-2019, 10:58 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynhi
You may very well be right. I mean as many of the settings that have been put back to 50 with this set, it may be worth it to test this out. My season 2 Burnley see's me in 17th not only fighting to stay out of the relegation zone but also very well could be fighting for my job as well. So I may test the rest of the season at 50 just to see what happens. Seeing how I just lost a promising midfielder to a broken toe lol

Played a couple more games and no more broken toes on 20. I’ll keep using 20 to see what happens. Hope you keep your job and get a few results to help you out! It’s funny how EA fixate on a specific injury every year!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #68
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

Quote:
Played a couple more games and no more broken toes on 20. I’ll keep using 20 to see what happens. Hope you keep your job and get a few results to help you out! It’s funny how EA fixate on a specific injury every year!

Yeah I'm going to run the severity @ 20 for the remainder of season 2. I'll post how it turns out. Then it may get adjusted into the final set.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:51 PM   #69
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

Re: FIFA 19 World Class Sliders

updated Injury Severity to 20, seems to be the sweet spot with variety.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
updated Injury Severity to 20, seems to be the sweet spot with variety.

Seems better. Plenty of minor injuries but not the continual string of broken toes!

So, on the Community thread I’ve seen plenty saying that despite the last patch having no gameplay fixes, cm games seem off, and playing differently from kick off, tournament or UCL/EL games. I’ve finished off my season with Portsmouth, about 12 games, and I did have 3-4 games that definitely felt different from how they had been. Like others on the Community thread I thought the cpu passing was very much ‘crisper’ and accurate. Have you seen any of this? Initially I was putting it down to the bull of getting close to the end of season needing to close out promotion, and the game code was just going to f*** me in the a$$, but then the last 3 games of the season were similar to the majority of previous games. I played some of my La Liga tournament on twitch a few days ago and never noticed it though! I remain undecided at the moment. I will see how the start of season 2 in the Championship goes now I’m in a higher league.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #71
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

Quote:
Seems better. Plenty of minor injuries but not the continual string of broken toes!

So, on the Community thread I’ve seen plenty saying that despite the last patch having no gameplay fixes, cm games seem off, and playing differently from kick off, tournament or UCL/EL games. I’ve finished off my season with Portsmouth, about 12 games, and I did have 3-4 games that definitely felt different from how they had been. Like others on the Community thread I thought the cpu passing was very much ‘crisper’ and accurate. Have you seen any of this? Initially I was putting it down to the bull of getting close to the end of season needing to close out promotion, and the game code was just going to f*** me in the a$$, but then the last 3 games of the season were similar to the majority of previous games. I played some of my La Liga tournament on twitch a few days ago and never noticed it though! I remain undecided at the moment. I will see how the start of season 2 in the Championship goes now I’m in a higher league.

I know there are probably some that will laugh at this, but I have stated this theory before... I still think team chemistry plays a part in how your team plays on the pitch. Whether it be switching to a new formation, or replacing familiar players with new player in the starting eleven, a key player suffers a injury or how much declining players have a negative impact on your team. Now I'm not completely excusing EA from a less than perfect product either, because they too have some blame for poor game play as well.

This next part may be some length and as much as I don't like turning a slider thread into a personal career mode thread, I think this may help with sharing my game play experience.

So here's how my 2nd season with Burnley has gone so far, I got rid of some declining players, especially in the midfield. Switched to a new formation and first game out it was perfect to plan beating a newly promoted Middlesbrough but then it all started to unravel and after 20 games found myself sitting 17th in the table fighting to stay out of the relegation zone and my job as manager was in jeopardy as well with a approval rating of 50 and riding a 5 game losing streak, I don't think the board was to happy when I also took on the Polish national team duties as it had an immediate negative impact on rating.

So fearing that my job was very much at play here, switched back to the 4-4-2 and January moves were needed so I decided to deal Chris Wood to Berlin for Joelinton +$18 million as well as add Che Adams to give some much needed speed and youth up top as both Barnes and Wood were both showing decline in progression and Woods despite winning the golden boot last season with 16 goals only had 2 through 21 games this season and his play was all over the place, out of position, in the way of others and never seemed to find his groove. Also recalled Nick Pope from his loan about 2 games early and sold Tom Heaton who did nothing but struggle all year.

Now the 5 game losing streak was followed by 5 straight draws, but now we've won 7 straight and have climbed to 8th in the table, however Joelinton and Adams both got injured the first game they started together with Joelinton being lost 3 weeks with a sprained knee Thank goodness I still had Barnes. Also I may have to drop the Poland job just to get my approval rating back up, it's sitting at 66 right now. And funny thing, again I have beaten Tottenham who was top of the table and just as soon as I did was offered the job at Manchester City.

Talk about drama and I must admit... I love it lol

now I know this game does have it's flaws but I also know there are a lot of times I make mistakes and miss some key opportunities that just like a real life game does have an impact on game results. I do feel some people just expect to always win every game and if they suffer a good old beat down the first thing they do is scream this game sucks, again let me reiterate EA does not get a free pass here either I've had my share of wth was that moments as well.

Last edited by pflynhi; 04-28-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2019, 11:53 PM   #72
Pro

FIFA 19 World Class Sliders

Quote:
I know there are probably some that will laugh at this, but I have stated this theory before... I still think team chemistry plays a part in how your team plays on the pitch. Whether it be switching to a new formation, or replacing familiar players with new player in the starting eleven, a key player suffers a injury or how much declining players have a negative impact on your team. Now I'm not completely excusing EA from a less than perfect product either, because they too have some blame for poor game play as well.

This next part may be some length and as much as I don't like turning a slider thread into a personal career mode thread, I think this may help with sharing my game play experience.

So here's how my 2nd season with Burnley has gone so far, I got rid of some declining players, especially in the midfield. Switched to a new formation and first game out it was perfect to plan beating a newly promoted Middlesbrough but then it all started to unravel and after 20 games found myself sitting 17th in the table fighting to stay out of the relegation zone and my job as manager was in jeopardy as well with a approval rating of 50 and riding a 5 game losing streak, I don't think the board was to happy when I also took on the Polish national team duties as it had an immediate negative impact on rating.

So fearing that my job was very much at play here, switched back to the 4-4-2 and January moves were needed so I decided to deal Chris Wood to Berlin for Joelinton +$18 million as well as add Che Adams to give some much needed speed and youth up top as both Barnes and Wood were both showing decline in progression and Woods despite winning the golden boot last season with 16 goals only had 2 through 21 games this season and his play was all over the place, out of position, in the way of others and never seemed to find his groove. Also recalled Nick Pope from his loan about 2 games early and sold Tom Heaton who did nothing but struggle all year.

Now the 5 game losing streak was followed by 5 straight draws, but now we've won 7 straight and have climbed to 8th in the table, however Joelinton and Adams both got injured the first game they started together with Joelinton being lost 3 weeks with a sprained knee Thank goodness I still had Barnes. Also I may have to drop the Poland job just to get my approval rating back up, it's sitting at 66 right now. And funny thing, again I have beaten Tottenham who was top of the table and just as soon as I did was offered the job at Manchester City.

Talk about drama and I must admit... I love it lol

now I know this game does have it's flaws but I also know there are a lot of times I make mistakes and miss some key opportunities that just like a real life game does have an impact on game results. I do feel some people just expect to always win every game and if they suffer a good old beat down the first thing they do is scream this game sucks, again let me reiterate EA does not get a free pass here either I've had my share of wth was that moments as well.

Great post and I get what you are saying. I lost 4 players from my Portsmouth team who were on loan and have added 4 new younger players with potential. I’m also looking at changing formation. Now I’m in a higher league playing a 4-3-3 attack formation with my current squad is probably not the way to go. I did play it in the first game of the season but that was at home to Sunderland who came up with me. I won 4-0 and it was as easy as the score suggests. Next game though is at Villa so that will be my first game I will look to change it up. I think like you say, better to just keep at it and adapt when things don’t go your way. Overall, as time has gone on I think this fifa has been ok for the most part. Even the community set hasn’t had any slider changes for months now which says a lot to me. I’ll let you know how season 2 progresses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »