Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
From the streams of been watching with Matt that’s the only thing I’ve noticed is how easy it is to just walk dribble pas the defenders on various marking settings hopefully the day one patch will resolve afew things like the line ups etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much. It's DAA and bursting like the ol days of FIFA 15 and 16. Takes forever to figure out each time.

The biggest difference with 20 though is the stupid CB jockeying when you are clearly sprinting past them.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:32 PM   #74
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Pretty much. It's DAA and bursting like the ol days of FIFA 15 and 16. Takes forever to figure out each time.

The biggest difference with 20 though is the stupid CB jockeying when you are clearly sprinting past them.
I noticed they added assisted jockeying for the user. I wonder if there's a bug in there affecting the CPU. I only played an online H2H and two clubs matches, but in watching some streams it's shocking how bad the defenders are at times. Would like to play Arsenal/Villa later, but need to get some stuff done first.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:38 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I noticed they added assisted jockeying for the user. I wonder if there's a bug in there affecting the CPU. I only played an online H2H and two clubs matches, but in watching some streams it's shocking how bad the defenders are at times. Would like to play Arsenal/Villa later, but need to get some stuff done first.
Hmmm, that's funny because I am testing right now by using Jockey as "Manual" instead of "Assisted" , and there is a lot more resistance. Hoping it's not a placebo though.

Edit: Unfortunately, it seems to help the outside backs and everywhere else, except when sprinting full on vs a CB, they start jockeying no matter what. Will try other means with this combo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

So. I just started a ManU-career, and I decided to use the stream sliders that Matt has shared, but with marking on 85 instead of 58.

I've played 2 pre-season matches thus far, with 10 min. halves.

The first match I used my full strength-squad (incl. Sancho who I bought) against a 2nd team Lyon.
This was the result:
A 8-0 win while having 2x as many shots as that, while Lyon just had 7. I dominated possession, and there were pretty much no fouls.

The next match I used a weakened squad against a 2nd team Valencia.
This was the result:
I won 1-6 with 1 shot more and 1 more on goal, while Valencia were definitely a lot better than Lyon was. Barely any fouls and I dominated possession. Valencia with 2x as many shots as Lyon had.

What I noticed is that it's incredibly easy to use the wings to run through defense, crosses were OP. A lot of times the opponents shots were incredibly weak, and for some reason they always failed their 2nd pass after kick-off.

Last edited by Giobarca; 09-22-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giobarca
So. I just started a ManU-career, and I decided to use the stream sliders that Matt has shared, but with marking on 85 instead of 58.

I've played 2 pre-season matches thus far, with 10 min. halves.

The first match I used my full strength-squad (incl. Sancho who I bought) against a 2nd team Lyon.
This was the result:
A 8-0 win while having 2x as many shots as that, while Lyon just had 7. I dominated possession, and there were pretty much no fouls.

The next match I used a weakened squad against a 2nd team Valencia.
This was the result:
I won 1-6 with 1 shot more and 1 more on goal, while Valencia were definitely a lot better than Lyon was. Barely any fouls and I dominated possession. Valencia with 2x as many shots as Lyon had.

What I noticed is that it's incredibly easy to use the wings to run through defense, crosses were OP. A lot of times the opponents shots were incredibly weak, and for some reason they always failed their 2nd pass after kick-off.
Yes, it's incredibly annoying this year with the DAA making bursting very easy. No resistance on the wings.

Still working on it though.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #78
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Played a few games with the sliders from the last streamed set and noticed a few things.
  • My teammates are stopping their runs or not making them at all. At default they would stop their run to try and stay onside but would start forward again once they were back onside now they just stop cold and do nothing. Also at default I rarely had to hit the button to send a teammate on a run they just made it now I'm hitting it more frequently.
  • Both user and cpu defenders appear to be giving up on an attacker that is just starting to get a bit pass them even when there is not a deeper defender to pick them up. Leading to a lot of wide open cut back goals.
  • Not sure if this is the sliders or just the way the game is this year but I like that the cpu actually holds the ball up sometimes and even passes back. There actually playing football!
Also been messing around with the injury slider. I have frequency up to 75 right now and I've played 12 or 13 games and only have had one injury and that was my very first game of the trial.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Scrapping the set on the OP. We are in a lot more trouble than initially thought. Need to spend A LOT more time trying to get the following sorted. All related to CPU defense:

- Space on the wings
- CPU close down rate

Can't even begin to establish a set until those 2 items are addressed. If not, it's just going to be a cakewalk. The jockeying and lack of spatial awareness is a game killer.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:49 PM   #80
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Scrapping the set on the OP. We are in a lot more trouble than initially thought. Need to spend A LOT more time trying to get the following sorted. All related to CPU defense:

- Space on the wings

- CPU close down rate

Can't even begin to establish a set until those 2 items are addressed. If not, it's just going to be a cakewalk. The jockeying and lack of spatial awareness is a game killer.
Sounds like we have to hope the issue gets addressed with the day 1 patch. Watching your stream it seems that sliders can only do so much to fix it with out messing other things up.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »