Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #1409
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a really good set. The game plays very well, I must admit.

One bit of feedback though, FB Pos at zero is a huge no from me. They just don't step forward at all. Far more natural at fifty!
Old 11-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #1410
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC82

One bit of feedback though, FB Pos at zero is a huge no from me. They just don't step forward at all. Far more natural at fifty!
I'm not sure about FB Pos @ 0 either. It definitely reigns in the end-to-end, counter down the flanks play, but at what cost? I haven't tested extensively with different teams - particularly those known for attacking fullbacks - but the early returns from a few games in my Mainz CM have inching it up to 5 to match my run frequency setting. Not sure it's properly balanced, as I can see where Matt is coming from that FB behavior didn't change much until it was zeroed out.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #1411
Rookie

abbes's Arena

I've been just playing against Liverpool and I would say that everything is perfectly fine with fullbacks. I've seen them more often on my half than theirs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #1412
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

What are everyone’s thoughts on game speed to play on? So far I see good things from slow and normal. Also what half length do most of you use?
Old 11-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #1413
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
What are everyone’s thoughts on game speed to play on? So far I see good things from slow and normal. Also what half length do most of you use?
I've been on slow since the patch with no issues. 10 min halves.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #1414
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
There are a couple ways to tackle this. My very, very, brief test was adjust Sprint Speed to match pass speed at 48. This usually syncs things back as well. Once I did this, instantly I could see the difference in choices made. From early crosses, early through balls and lofted ones.
Since it was mentioned I played some games @48 sprint and a pleasant side effect I noticed was that the ball physics weren't as bouncy. Seemed to still retain the benefits associated with the higher FT though. Not sure if it helps with the original issue of missing headers but I've seen that problem occasionaly over a couple of patches now. It doesn't happen often so I just chalked it up to weird things that can happen IRL and especially in FIFA.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #1415
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC82

They will step forward relative to the team tactics. However, I very subtle adjustment to FB @ 1 will allow them to be in-line during transition. This way they do not revert directly back to the defensive line, making it easy to find outlets on the wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I'm not sure about FB Pos @ 0 either. It definitely reigns in the end-to-end, counter down the flanks play, but at what cost? I haven't tested extensively with different teams - particularly those known for attacking fullbacks - but the early returns from a few games in my Mainz CM have inching it up to 5 to match my run frequency setting. Not sure it's properly balanced, as I can see where Matt is coming from that FB behavior didn't change much until it was zeroed out.
At 5 it's a bit too high as they do get up the pitch, but they are caught in transition too early. With the width so low, the compensation had to be made on the sidelines, which is where FB resides. Formations and CTTs will control their attacking behavior, while the FB pos value can assist with their preset destination in transition.

I would suggest the value of "1" so far. Here is a game with 48 Sprint, 1 FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Since it was mentioned I played some games @48 sprint and a pleasant side effect I noticed was that the ball physics weren't as bouncy. Seemed to still retain the benefits associated with the higher FT though. Not sure if it helps with the original issue of missing headers but I've seen that problem occasionaly over a couple of patches now. It doesn't happen often so I just chalked it up to weird things that can happen IRL and especially in FIFA.

Yes, it's much smoother in feel. I do feel as if it is more in-sync with the ball as well. This is similar to my testing in past FIFA's in trying to establish more physicality where I would adjust the pass speed and Sprint value to seek out what the referee was looking at. Out of sync, they'd be looking off to a different side of the pitch, where the ball wasn't, and in-sync, they'd remain focused in the direction of where the ball is.

It does not mean more fouls...that's not the case at all, however it does sync things back up in my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 05:00 AM   #1416
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
They will step forward relative to the team tactics. However, I very subtle adjustment to FB @ 1 will allow them to be in-line during transition. This way they do not revert directly back to the defensive line, making it easy to find outlets on the wings.
But they don't step forward on zero! Using Spurs, where FBs are integral, they stay in line with the defence & don't step over the halfway line at all over one & a half games. Reverted it to fifty as it was very, very frustrating. Not tried one though

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »