Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #2105
Rookie

Quakesfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Tried the new marking and width values in a quick kick-off game. It's just one game so not much data, but here are some thoughts.

Legendary/15min/all manual/*55FT

-Really liked the midfield battle. I could feel the pressure in the center of the pitch from both sides.

-Had thought that high marking would make things look like Almeyda style man-marking all over, but I liked the defense shape overall after one match. I think it can be a positive change that produces midfield resistance while maintaining the shape.

-Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but CPU hit the target less than 40% for the first time since the latest update. Might be because of higher pressure coming from higher marking value. Still, almost all shots were very close to the target and did not see any bad shots from CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #2106
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sorry all been out with some health issues this past week. I've been slowly testing and am gradually leaning towards two changes, but need a bit more sample size.

Marking - from 52 to 72 - quite the big jump, but I was seeing less resistance in the midfeild to the top of the box all around. The best indicator I could find to validate this value was that the defending players stuck with their mark a bit longer. Sure it doesn't look zonal, but it does present a tad bit more resistance than before.

Width - from 44 to 48 - Just to build a bit more shape and less over or under committing to one side of the pitch. Currently at 44 there are times in which the opposing midfielder is too tight to the center, making it easy to pass right through to the sides.
Man, with the higher marking this game is pretty intense. I do like how the CPU is more aggressive which also results in more fouls. My last game i lost possession 45 - 55 but won the game 2-0 on legendary thanks to counter attacks.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #2107
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Man, with the higher marking this game is pretty intense. I do like how the CPU is more aggressive which also results in more fouls. My last game i lost possession 45 - 55 but won the game 2-0 on legendary thanks to counter attacks.

I’d love to see more fouls, cpu didn’t foul me one in last game ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #2108
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I’d love to see more fouls, cpu didn’t foul me one in last game ☹️

It's so random that it's pretty much a lost cause. You also gotta remember that the duration of the game in FIFA is drastically shorter than IRL
Old 02-20-2020, 12:45 PM   #2109
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I know a lot of people don't venture outside of the Euro teams but for those interested the Conmebol Libertadores update/add-on drops March 3rd.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #2110
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I know a lot of people don't venture outside of the Euro teams but for those interested the Conmebol Libertadores update/add-on drops March 3rd.

I can’t wait, especially if Boca & their stadium is back, I know who I’ll be playing with if it is.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #2111
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I can’t wait, especially if Boca & their stadium is back, I know who I’ll be playing with if it is.

The article I read said that 2 new stadiums were being added so maybe one is La Bombanera. It also mentioned that Boca and other unlicensed teams will still be unlicensed in CM but have their real kits and stuff in the stand alone tournament and kick-off modes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #2112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sorry all been out with some health issues this past week. I've been slowly testing and am gradually leaning towards two changes, but need a bit more sample size.

Marking - from 52 to 72 - quite the big jump, but I was seeing less resistance in the midfeild to the top of the box all around. The best indicator I could find to validate this value was that the defending players stuck with their mark a bit longer. Sure it doesn't look zonal, but it does present a tad bit more resistance than before.

Width - from 44 to 48 - Just to build a bit more shape and less over or under committing to one side of the pitch. Currently at 44 there are times in which the opposing midfielder is too tight to the center, making it easy to pass right through to the sides.
I would really recommend you reconsider moving to PES. It's gameplay core is more realistic than in fifa, but "momentum". This word poisoned last 2 PES for many fans. Konami wanted to simulate big sieges, when one team is pressed to their goal. But problem is in heavy scripting involved in process. When De Bruyne can't give a pass with no enemy around him in 5 meters, just because enemy team is "on fire". Last summer I said to myself no more PES after friend on 2.5 team losing 6-0 made comeback against Man City. He won every contact. Intercepted every pass. But then i saw PES 20 demo. I was fooled again. Demo does not have morale and player form. That football was perfect. This year i had enough after my defender stopped 1 meter from ball for full second, just because script decided, that "on fire" CR7 should be on ball first. Defender was controlled by me and already run about 5 meters to ball. And fg stopped. I ran from FIFA 16 to PES because of this bull****. On winter PSN sale saw FIFA 20, saw your videos on realistic sliders and here I am.

P.S. Master league is only reason I still have PES on my hard drive. Off the pitch it is really bad, compared to FIFA. You can trashtalk your team on camera, can put your main star to reserves with zero time full year and have no problems with team. But on pitch + legendary difficulty with custom tactics on every team in major leagues.Yes you really should change tactics on every team before you start career mode, because default tactics are bad (I recommend Klashman69 tactics, by the way). That game is gorgeous. Every team playes different. AI attack diversity is a blast. But be ready to concede goals when AI team has momentum, player has no chance when AI decides that it should score.

P.P.S. English is my third language, so, please, be forgiving

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »