Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #17
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Cracked and decided to pre order and get EA access for the month. Downloading it now. So it will be ready when I get home from work.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
First impressions is that it is a bit open in the midfield. Some weird animations by the CB jogging to let players dribble past them on occasion. CPU plays pretty direct if there is an opening. Decent variety though. Seeing some instances of defensive ADD that was similar to FIFA 15 as well.

I do like the CBs are following attackers past the half, and are also staying up for corners instead of immediately retreating. Weight of players feel good. Ball physics are decent, the shots on the laces are way too fast. The pass speed is very nice and varied. Keeper save animations aren't terrible, seeing some two handed outstretched saves again though.

10 mins of gameplay here (all I could squeeze in during lunch break). Will stream later.

video may still be processing at time of this post.

Your keeper getting beat at near post when they went 1-0 up shouldn’t Happen jumps up instead of going for the ball lol if I didn’t no this was fifa 20 I’d still think it was 19 from looking at it lol and the dull outdated commentary still there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #19
Rookie

Has anyone noticed a distinct change in the shielding/tackling? I have only played online so far, but it seems like both are somehow stronger. A strong defender can barrel over someone with the ball without a penalty just by being aggressive on B. Alternatively, strong offensive players are next to impossible to tackle while they're shielding.

Last edited by Tabemaju; 09-19-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #20
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Just finished playing a dozen+ games with the early access. I've been obsessed with FIFA for as long as I can remember but this is just awful. With sliders I was able to enjoy FIFA 19 but I don't think this can be saved.

This isn't football. There's hardly any emphasis on football fundamentals, and the behavior and positioning of players, mainly in defense, is just horrid. Ball physics are... weird. Players still feel like gangly stick men who do things no man can do.

There's definitely some improvements, but the focus on making the online game all about one-on-ones has ruined the single player game. Not too mention the terrible defensive AI from past years that they still haven't fixed - like defenders stuttering in movement backwards rather than sprinting back, or getting confused between man marking and sticking to their zone.

And don't get me started on how defenders just don't know how to get and stay goal side of attackers.

I don't think I can do another year of this. FIFA is about as bad on the pitch as PES is bad off the pitch. I know where my priorities lie, so it might have to be PES for me this year.

So disappointed.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:59 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Just finished playing a dozen+ games with the early access. I've been obsessed with FIFA for as long as I can remember but this is just awful. With sliders I was able to enjoy FIFA 19 but I don't think this can be saved.

This isn't football. There's hardly any emphasis on football fundamentals, and the behavior and positioning of players, mainly in defense, is just horrid. Ball physics are... weird. Players still feel like gangly stick men who do things no man can do.

There's definitely some improvements, but the focus on making the online game all about one-on-ones has ruined the single player game. Not too mention the terrible defensive AI from past years that they still haven't fixed - like defenders stuttering in movement backwards rather than sprinting back, or getting confused between man marking and sticking to their zone.

And don't get me started on how defenders just don't know how to get and stay goal side of attackers.

I don't think I can do another year of this. FIFA is about as bad on the pitch as PES is bad off the pitch. I know where my priorities lie, so it might have to be PES for me this year.

So disappointed.
I made it 75 minutes into game 1 and flicked it off. I LOVE FIFA, and have been a mainstay in this thread for a few years now. I consider myself extremely positive in my feedback and optimism for our efforts, with this community.

With that said....

Your post almost takes the words out of mouth. The focus on 1 v 1 play has made it so the AI controlled defenders have almost no clue they are even in a football match. It’s absolutely shocking, and clearly a conscious decision from EA. You can’t NOT notice this within minutes of picking up the game.

I actually enjoyed the ball physics and thought the passing is as good as I’ve seen OOTB. There are errors from both sides. Also thought the overall shape and lines are also quite solid visually.

Of course any improvements are completely overshadowed by the utter lack of AI awareness defensively. It also took me a half to see no improvements were made to 50/50 collision detection. It’s the same old story with fouls. It’s not about the stat either, it’s about the collision and opportunity for a foul. It simply does not replicate the physicality of a real match. This isn’t some soft finesse sport, there can still be grit!

I hope to the heavens that a Day 1 patch addresses this, but at this point I don’t believe in EA’s direction.

I can’t say “I’m out!”, because I’ve seen Matt work miracles before. Let’s hope he’s got one more rabbit to pull out the hat.

Co-signed,
Disappointed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 11:33 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Damn, that's tough to hear, guys. I'm fixing on jumping in shortly, but got some other things to attend to. I wanted to watch Balla's last stream as well. What an absolute killer though - and I promise iwon't say it...a lot...but the prepatch beta was soo good. Now, to see how badly this is being received. Ah.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:50 AM   #23
Rookie

AustonPowers34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I can’t say “I’m out!”, because I’ve seen Matt work miracles before. Let’s hope he’s got one more rabbit to pull out the hat.
I freaking hope so! I've been powering through the remainder of my current season in FIFA 18 CM so I can jump into FIFA 20 once it releases for the rest of us without early access.

I was going to get it on first day release, but seeing the feedback I'm thinking now it's a better idea to get a used copy or get it on sale this year. I know FIFA and NHL is usually bundled together on the PS Store so I could jump on that too.

The community sliders has never let me down. I remember with FIFA 18 no matter how badly EA altered gameplay with each patch release, this community was able to respond with changes that kept the offline gameplay tolerable.

Even if my friend wants me to play FUT with him, I'll always prioritize CM more, so I'm hoping to get a little more involved this year. We got this!
Old 09-20-2019, 02:01 AM   #24
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I made it 75 minutes into game 1 and flicked it off. I LOVE FIFA, and have been a mainstay in this thread for a few years now. I consider myself extremely positive in my feedback and optimism for our efforts, with this community.

With that said....

Your post almost takes the words out of mouth. The focus on 1 v 1 play has made it so the AI controlled defenders have almost no clue they are even in a football match. It’s absolutely shocking, and clearly a conscious decision from EA. You can’t NOT notice this within minutes of picking up the game.

I actually enjoyed the ball physics and thought the passing is as good as I’ve seen OOTB. There are errors from both sides. Also thought the overall shape and lines are also quite solid visually.

Of course any improvements are completely overshadowed by the utter lack of AI awareness defensively. It also took me a half to see no improvements were made to 50/50 collision detection. It’s the same old story with fouls. It’s not about the stat either, it’s about the collision and opportunity for a foul. It simply does not replicate the physicality of a real match. This isn’t some soft finesse sport, there can still be grit!

I hope to the heavens that a Day 1 patch addresses this, but at this point I don’t believe in EA’s direction.

Co-signed,

Disappointed

I echo some of this but have a slightly different take. The defending is more difficult to the extent that it seems the developers are putting the onus on the player to make tackles - they’re putting the AI controlled defenders in cover positions in front of the play, ready for you to take control and make a tactical tackle. This means that holding the AI support button does a lot less than it used to.

For me personally, the change isn’t that huge as that’s largely how I’ve defended for the last few FIFAs, with Tactical Defending rather than Legacy and trying not to slam the AI support button as it drags players out of position.

I wonder how many of us use legacy vs tactical defending?

I have found that using a high press strategy helps push the AI into the tackle more, not exactly a fix for those annoyed by it but it does make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »