Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2020, 06:56 AM   #2705
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Anyone seen anything different from the last patch, I know it was only fixing FUT stuff but we know how they sneak stuff under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2020, 10:30 AM   #2706
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Anyone seen anything different from the last patch, I know it was only fixing FUT stuff but we know how they sneak stuff under the hood.
After testing for some time I can say that thankfully it did not mess up the sliders like previous patches. I think that there are some responsiveness tweaks but minor. As a result the game feels a fraction quicker, which honestly can be just placebo.
My sprint speed at 44 btw and it feels beautiful (6-min halves).
Old 07-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #2707
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I may have asked this before, but tactical or legacy defending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #2708
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutogate7
After testing for some time I can say that thankfully it did not mess up the sliders like previous patches. I think that there are some responsiveness tweaks but minor. As a result the game feels a fraction quicker, which honestly can be just placebo.

My sprint speed at 44 btw and it feels beautiful (6-min halves).

That’s good, I may give Fifa another go then, haven’t played in mths.

Although does anyone know what’s the maximum number of teams you can choose in tournament mode before it crashes???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #2709
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I may have asked this before, but tactical or legacy defending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It depends on preference. Legacy defending allows you to defend more easily as a team while tactical defending gives you more control in one on one defending.

I prefer Tactical. I find it difficult to defend my area of the box with legacy defending.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:08 AM   #2710
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Ugh. Haven't played for almost a month but looking to finish up my second season with Mainz. First match back away to Leverkusen... Got rolled 4-1. Still solid in 6th place with four matches to go, but sneaking into the Champions League looking less and less likely.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #2711
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorActionRio
Matt, isn't 70 in Shot Error excessively punishing for manual controls (mainly when using Broadcast Camera)?

Maybe we could have a "special permission" to reduce it to 60 or even to the default 50 in this scenario, assuming that we are already "naturally" punished by the broken manual controls this year?

If the answer is positive, any other sliders should be edited to balance this change?

You guys know I defend manual controls at all costs by what I posted recently, including tips. But I must confess sometimes I rage quit the game because AI scores normally while so many times even my best players unbelievably miss some goals just in front of the goalkeeper.

When testing using 50, I'm noticing that the errors become more realistic and it's still difficult to manually score. And unmissable goals are not bizarrely missed anymore, except for realistic scenarios!

Example? Aubameyang is an outstanding scorer and his mood is extremely happy in my team, so his attributes are increased a lot. Even using 50, he missed an easy goal during a counterattack, when shooting using left foot, because I tried so much to aim the ball to the left post, since the goalkeeper blocked all the angle successfully. Using replay, I realized that it was MY MISTAKE because of manual controls.

By the way, depending of the scenario and physics in general, even aiming correctly isn't sufficient to successfully shooting in goal direction. I'm stopping almost every time to check replay to be sure.

What are your thoughts about this?

Edit: Forgot to say that only after using 50 I became able to successfully score from outside the area. In 70 it's actually almost impossible in FIFA 20 (rarely, I scored), even when using right power and aim. I remember that in 19 I was able to score regularly from distance not needing to mess with recommended sliders.

Edit 2: So important. Also need to say that even using Neymar as the practice arena player, it's extremely difficult to score from some distance, since that mode also reproduce the manual controls. It's like the game deliberately makes the ball go in a totally random direction.
Would you recommend doing the same for pass error? I also play full manual and sometimes my passes go in a different direction for no good reason...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #2712
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by iayn13
Would you recommend doing the same for pass error? I also play full manual and sometimes my passes go in a different direction for no good reason...
I've played exclusively full manual against the CPU for a few years now using the community sliders as a base. No way I could play with the error that high. While user skill certainly comes into play, I've had the best experience with user pass & shot error between default 50 to 55. Anything above that feels unfair to me. Assisted or semi, different story. But FUMA is hard enough as it is without excessive error on top of our own mistakes.

I can see where higher shot error produces some cool results, but it's too "hit it and hope" on manual for my tastes, which once again might be skill dependent. I've seen Matt do some amazing things in pro clubs so perhaps he's just that damn good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »