Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #41
Rookie

AustonPowers34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabemaju
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the goalie play yet. Hoo-lee-crap are keepers bad in this game. No matter the "aggressiveness" options you give them in instructions, they WILL NOT challenge some easy crosses or pop-ups unless you're lucky enough to hammer Y at the soonest possible moment.

Also, the lob passes are now 3 foot bullet passes that never make it over the heads of attackers. I guess my only option when any attacking player is anywhere near the keeper is to clear, even when there is an open lob pass 15 yards away? Oof.

Their punches now suck and it seems like EVERY corner is pinballed in the box for a few seconds before you have a chance to clear it. I like the new header pop-ups and inaccuracies when they are challenged but if I have a lob going to a player, he should not be popping it up to no one.

Anyway, I'm going back to Fifa 19, since the community sliders are absolutely perfect for my style of play. I was hoping to play Fifa 20 online, or try FUT out this year, but the gameplay is just so frustrating at this point. Hope there are some updates in the future, but seeing some of the big changes make me worried that this is only the beginning of arcade-level e-sports soccer (which I didn't think could get worse in Fifa).

I just wish 19 allowed user-customized roster, because then I'd have no reason to play a new one... but I guess that's the point. Hell, even MADDEN allows custom rosters and community downloads!

Edit: oh thank God, I just realized that you can mod Fifa on PC with updated rosters. Guess I'll be doing that so I can at least get my vastly-updated Gunners squad.

There are so many things other EA Sports games have that FIFA could benefit from... like NHL has statistical history tracking (which FIFA 20 apparently has, now), arena customization, and more slider settings.

And I wish the PC version was an option for me. Even on low settings I was experiencing input lag and low framerates during cutscenes. Once I played the PS4 version everything felt and looked so much better. Such a shame because I wanted to experiment with mods n stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #42
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

This game is day & night different on normal speed compared to slow speed setting when it comes to fouls, which dam right annoys me.

On normal speed setting I’m seeing slide tackles, late tackles, reckless fouls, bookings & red cards by the AI.

Yet played the same career mode game on slow speed & saw zero fouls & any collisions that would have seen a foul called on normal speed is ignored as though the collision impact system is not even registering it.

I’ve also noticed players movement is less hectic & react better to loose balls & less ADD on normal speed. Things like leg placement & sprints look real, yet on slow they judder or don’t close the gap, hence the slide tackle isn’t instigated by the AI.

Hope this helps when looking at sliders as I’m not sure how much they can impact animations, however you can slow down players speed on normal speed setting with sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
MVP

Man O Man , I'm just glad I'm loving MLB the show and Madden . Pretty sure regardless of how this game is playing atm , once the first few patches come in it will be a different game . Only question is will it be better or worse , from what I'm hearing everywhere it can't get any worse right ..... Just gotta wait and see what direction they go with the patches .

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
Man O Man , I'm just glad I'm loving MLB the show and Madden . Pretty sure regardless of how this game is playing atm , once the first few patches come in it will be a different game . Only question is will it be better or worse , from what I'm hearing everywhere it can't get any worse right ..... Just gotta wait and see what direction they go with the patches .

I’m guessing ea will go in whatever direction the FUT cry baby’s will want the game to play it’s the same thing every year don’t no we are surprised either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
I’m guessing ea will go in whatever direction the FUT cry baby’s will want the game to play it’s the same thing every year don’t no we are surprised either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea exactly , year after year it's pretty much the same thing . Keep the FUT players happy and screw the CM offline players . Our voice , suggestions and feedback mean nothing . I really don't want to be negative , but how can this game be a step in the right direction from previous years . It's allways just a bunch of empty and broken promises from EA

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #46
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I posted this over in the Early Access thread figure I'd share here as well:

"Is everyone also posting their concerns and bugs/glitches on the official EA FIFA forums as well? I can't say if it will make a difference or not but I'm guessing making noise in an more official place helps the cause as well. Right now everyone's voices are split between different social media spaces. Sure there are probably EA folks glancing around the internet here and there but it's easier to dismiss single voices this way.

At the very least getting the entire FIFA community to also post their concerns in a single place couldn't hurt. It's not like you have to retype your thoughts just copy and past into the EA forums. To bad some of these game changers and popular streamers can't/won't lead the charge so we can make some real noise.

Basically make sure you post on the EA forums as well."

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 09-20-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #47
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
This game is day & night different on normal speed compared to slow speed setting when it comes to fouls, which dam right annoys me.

On normal speed setting I’m seeing slide tackles, late tackles, reckless fouls, bookings & red cards by the AI.

Yet played the same career mode game on slow speed & saw zero fouls & any collisions that would have seen a foul called on normal speed is ignored as though the collision impact system is not even registering it.

I’ve also noticed players movement is less hectic & react better to loose balls & less ADD on normal speed. Things like leg placement & sprints look real, yet on slow they judder or don’t close the gap, hence the slide tackle isn’t instigated by the AI.

Hope this helps when looking at sliders as I’m not sure how much they can impact animations, however you can slow down players speed on normal speed setting with sliders.

Yup found the same thing, fouls and physicality exist on normal speed but not on slow. Also slow does seem VERY slow this year, and normal is definitely slower than 19’s normal speed. Gonna be testing on normal speed for now.

I’d also like to partly retract my statement on AI defending from earlier - some of the ADD I’ve seen is comical. I’m confident it’ll be patched though.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #48
Rookie

AustonPowers34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I posted this over in the Early Access thread figure I'd share here as well:

"Is everyone also posting their concerns and bugs/glitches on the official EA FIFA forums as well? I can't say if it will make a difference or not but I'm guessing making noise in an more official place helps the cause as well. Right now everyone's voices are split between different social media spaces. Sure there are probably EA folks glancing around the internet here and there but it's easier to dismiss single voices this way.

At the very least getting the entire FIFA community to also post their concerns in a single place couldn't hurt. It's not like you have to retype your thoughts just copy and past into the EA forums. To bad some of these game changers and popular streamers can't/won't lead the charge and so we can make some real noise.

Basically make sure you post on the EA forums as well."

There's a lot of bugs being posted on the EA Forums, including a list of issues with career mode. There's a promised feature that isn't working (Hint: AI team selection.) Anyways, the thread was acknowledged by an official EA user, and there's a lot of other issues with the game that isn't limited to CM alone, so we can hope... at least hope... that there will be a day one patch that can address these issues, including gameplay issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »