Home

FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2022, 06:51 AM   #2849
Rookie

DoctorActionRio's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

- Xbox Series X
- World Class
- Normal Speed
- 10 Minutes Halves (There are crashes in extra time when using 15!)
- Full Manual Controls (Except semi for cross, because manual is totally assisted, as discussed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report.../td-p/11275020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
FUMA match vs Dortmund. World Class, Normal speed, 15/48 Sprint/Acc.

A lot more driven passes from them, but I did the same thing in certain situations. An incredible match overall, enjoy.

In addition to persist testing and adapt to 40/40 Pass Speed, after this video I started to also insist on 15/15 Sprint Speed, policing myself to not exploit wing attacks (which is so frustrating, obviously) and totally ignoring CPU jockey/shuffle, without rage quitting.

I can honestly say, without any doubts, that the speed of all passes are COMPLETELY different from when using 35/35 Sprint Speed.

I'm not even having the feeling of being easy to pass anymore, like as I said multiple times when using higher Pass Speed levels when using both normal speed with 35/35 Sprint Speed or slow speed with 53/53 Sprint Speed.

It's so sad that I will surely be "FIFA forced" to abandon 15/15...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuchainz11
I totally get where you’re coming from with the passing situation. Makes perfect sense to me. I was wondering if there was some kind of language barrier or concept of control idk lol. A bunch of pros out there passing lightly between each other probably aren’t going to have much problem controlling the first touch or whatever. Just like with any ball sport, the harder it comes at you the more difficult it is to receive. Also, the same on the delivery end of the ball. Much easier to direct a ball when softly applying pressure. The muscles are not under as much stress or pressure then. That being said, I have to slow it down some as well. Like some others, maybe age is getting to me but, with it being 40 I’ll never intercept a pass or get a knock on it. I’ll only get it back with an A.I. error in that case. I go with like 38/31 pass speed. I noticed when I go to 32 for cpu, just that 1 value difference takes them up a league in passing lol.
I forgot to answer you a really important thing!

It's absolutely not your fault when you mention not being able to intercept CPU passes. Don't know if it's HyperMotion, FIFA's crappy huge rail mechanics or both, but it's almost impossible to manually intercept their passes, even slow ones, no matter if using a slide tackle or just pressing B/Circle.

It only works when we somehow anticipate when they will pass so that we can slide before even they stay the pass animation.

Don't care if this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but maybe it's just another planned thing to make passing so easy in multiplayer matches, in order to increase addiction in 12 years old kids (and even adults) so that they spend literally thousands every single year in Ultimate Team.

They aren't giving a f* to realism. This is not Microsoft Flight Simulator or iRacing. They will never want it to be. Unfortunately.

Sorry for the rant. I hate them!

Edit: Just to clarify. I do know and understand that it's actually difficult to intercept passes in professional football, unless the player evidently do a bad pass, but it shouldn't be almost impossible in FIFA when you are actually near the ball and/or correctly move your player. It's like there's an intentional delay in intercept commands.

Last edited by DoctorActionRio; 07-02-2022 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:03 AM   #2850
Rookie

FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorActionRio
- Xbox Series X
- World Class
- Normal Speed
- Full Manual Controls (Except semi for cross, because manual is totally assisted, as discussed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report.../td-p/11275020)

In addition to persist testing and adapt to 40/40 Pass Speed, after this video I started to also insist on 15/15 Sprint Speed, policing myself to not exploit wing attacks (which is so frustrating, obviously) and totally ignoring CPU jockey/shuffle, without rage quitting.

I can honestly say, without any doubts, that the speed of all passes are COMPLETELY different from when using 35/35 Sprint Speed.

I'm not even having the feeling of being easy to pass anymore, like as I said multiple times when using higher Pass Speed levels when using both normal speed with 35/35 Sprint Speed or slow speed with 53/53 Sprint Speed.

It's so sad that I will surely be "FIFA forced" to abandon 15/15...

I forgot to answer you a really important thing!

It's absolutely not your fault when you mention not being able to intercept CPU passes. Don't know if it's HyperMotion, FIFA's crappy huge rail mechanics or both, but it's almost impossible to manually intercept their passes, even slow ones, no matter if using a slide tackle or just pressing B/Circle.

It only works when we somehow anticipate when they will pass so that we can slide before even they stay the pass animation.

Don't care if this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but maybe it's just another planned thing to make passing so easy in multiplayer matches, in order to increase addiction in 12 years old kids (and even adults) so that they spend literally thousands every single year in Ultimate Team.

They aren't giving a f* to realism. This is not Microsoft Flight Simulator or iRacing. They will never want it to be. Unfortunately.

Sorry for the rant. I hate them!

Edit: Just to clarify. I do know and understand that it's actually difficult to intercept passes in professional football, unless the player evidently do a bad pass, but it shouldn't be almost impossible in FIFA when you are actually near the ball and/or correctly move your player. It's like there's an intentional delay in intercept commands.

Fell the same with 15 pass speed in normal speed and not slow, game feels more natural and alive in most important time of the match. Sometimes we want less quickly actions but in fifa they are killed with other things… so maybe normal speed are more stable as a solid base with the rest combination sliders.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #2851
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Been up for a bit testing and scaling values of 30 pass speed to 38. Unfortunately, it's just more of the same with how the CPU attacks. They underhit passes, and the passes that they do overhit are actually well placed rather than more in front.

With great power, comes great responsibility, and my testing at 40 pass speed is complete and verified. The CPU just plays a different game on this setting with the v10 set up. They force passes from the back, they make more mistakes and they have to control the ball first rather than have it set up perfectly for them on a platter.

The other value I am testing is GK at 45, and still working through this one a bit as the main benefit is the GK will punt further up the pitch, but I need more sample size with their saves and reactions.

I decided to stream the last hours now and just play some matches. Feel free to come join in:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2022, 11:32 AM   #2852
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I was really happy with slow on 35 sprint but I kept seeing more & more defenders losing the attacker & easy goals.

So now I’ve solely gone for normal speed in 15 sprint, you see very little of the jogging animations & when you do it’s in the right context.

As for 40 pass speed, I really get why it’s that & the reasons behind it, it’s just I couldn’t get used to it, but Matt is right at 35 which is where I had it before, you do see a lot of under hit passes & real footballers overhit more passes than they under hit in fairness.

At the moment I am currently playing on 39 pass speed, this just allows me that little bit more reaction time now it’s normal speed but you still see the cpu over hit passes like on 40 & they still have risk. Eventually I’ll probably go to 40, but for now 1 click is making that a more enjoyable game to play, including games I lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-02-2022, 12:15 PM   #2853
Pro

Tbh I'm loving V10, and I agree completely with Matt, the ball does feel more 'alive' because of the higher pass speed combined with the high FT value. The ball doesn't feel like it's glued to your players feet, like it usually does in Fifa. I love the midfield battles also, you really have to put in effort to come out on top there. Plus, I've noticed you don't get all the time in the world to make a decision, as you get closed down pretty quickly.

I also feel on normal game speed, the game just works better, obviously the game was meant to be played on this speed, as the animations feel more fluid and dribbling is a better. Much less CB jockey too and if it does happen, it's literally for a second, but I have only encountered it on 15/15 so far with my own CB which is easy to correct.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #2854
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

Hi guys, in your opinion, which is the best FIFA ever? Did you ever find a good balance between game and sliders?
Sorry for the off topic
Old 07-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #2855
Rookie

FIFA 12 is the best one in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2022, 03:43 PM   #2856
Rookie

DoctorActionRio's Arena

- Xbox Series X
- World Class
- Normal Speed

Matt, is there any explanation why 40/40 Pass Speed causes an insanely faster pass animation when using 35/35 Sprint Speed, compared to 15/15?

I'm using this Saturday to test and already was forced to abandon 15/15 Sprint Speed, by the way. Then, just to be sure about what I noticed, I decreased Pass Speed to 25/25 and, yes, the animations became way slower!

But not only slower, it started to behave just like 40/40 when together with 15/15 Sprint Speed, as shown in your videos.

Almost sure this is exactly what's causing most divergent discussions here. When using higher Sprint Speed, in order to avoid jockey/shuffle issues, 40/40 Pass Speed is causing really faster movements when players start the movement to touch the ball, creating this arcade feeling of "lack of realism" when watching.

By the way, maybe it could be possible we can in the future adapt Pass Speed based on Sprint Speed? I'm asking this because sometimes I think this faster animation is causing faster/missile passes.

Last edited by DoctorActionRio; 07-02-2022 at 04:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »