Home

FIFA 14 - PS4 - Rosters are WHACK!

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 - PS4 - Rosters are WHACK! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
FIFA 14 - PS4 - Rosters are WHACK!

So I'm a huge Arsenal fan. I created a new career (GM Mode) and downloaded the latest roster.

But wait.. Olivier Giroud isn't even on the team? Really? I could've sworn he just scored two goals for Arsenal against Southampton on Saturday. Really EA Sports? He's the 3rd leading scorer in the EPL and he's not even in the roster?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 14 - PS4 - Rosters are WHACK!

That's weird. On my CM (started last Thursday or Friday, with the latest rosters at that time) he's there.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMiami
So I'm a huge Arsenal fan. I created a new career (GM Mode) and downloaded the latest roster.

But wait.. Olivier Giroud isn't even on the team? Really? I could've sworn he just scored two goals for Arsenal against Southampton on Saturday. Really EA Sports? He's the 3rd leading scorer in the EPL and he's not even in the roster?!?!
Did you switch to Download Latest when you are at the CM settings screen? My guess is you did switch it but it switched back. I'm not sure why this is but if you switch your settings and then go into where you can chose what teams are in the European Competition, the roster setting always goes back to default. This is only under the assumption that you are having Euro competition in season 1. If you aren't switching teams in the Euro competition then it is something else. I hope what I said makes sense.

So try this:

1. Go into career mode and select Manager or Player Career
2. Pick your team, in your case Arsenal
3. Switch your settings to what you want them
4. Go into 1st season Euro Competition and make your changes (if you use it)
5. Once back at the career settings screen go back to Squads Used and slect download latest
6. Start your CM

The first time I ever played CM I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was having the same issue as you, and then I saw that that setting was changing back to default once entering the Euro competition screen. I hope this was the case for you, otherwise yes the FIFA rosters are screwed up.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 11-25-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Did you switch to Download Latest when you are at the CM settings screen? My guess is you did switch it but it switched back. I'm not sure why this is but if you switch your settings and then go into where you can chose what teams are in the European Competition, the roster setting always goes back to default. This is only under the assumption that you are having Euro competition in season 1. If you aren't switching teams in the Euro competition then it is something else. I hope what I said makes sense.

So try this:

1. Go into career mode and select Manager or Player Career
2. Pick your team, in your case Arsenal
3. Switch your settings to what you want them
4. Go into 1st season Euro Competition and make your changes (if you use it)
5. Once back at the career settings screen go back to Squads Used and slect download latest
6. Start your CM

The first time I ever played CM I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was having the same issue as you, and then I saw that that setting was changing back to default once entering the Euro competition screen. I hope this was the case for you, otherwise yes the FIFA rosters are screwed up.
It would make sense for there to be a bug rather than gross negligence. Giroud is NOT SVP but he is our leading scorer.

I'll try when I get home.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Didn't work Definitely a glitch in the rosters. O'Connor is my starting forward and there is a person on my roster that is just... 0. Not name, no stats... just 0. When I try to move him, the game crashes.

So the original roster is the only viable roster for Arsenal fans.

Come on, EA... lets get it together. Probably another 'PS4 specific' glitch created by EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMiami
Didn't work Definitely a glitch in the rosters. O'Connor is my starting forward and there is a person on my roster that is just... 0. Not name, no stats... just 0. When I try to move him, the game crashes.

So the original roster is the only viable roster for Arsenal fans.

Come on, EA... lets get it together. Probably another 'PS4 specific' glitch created by EA.
I'm on PS4 and used the latest roster, and he's there. I don't know what to tell you.

To make sure that what I'm saying is true for the very latest roster (in case the one I started my CM with has been replaced) I just started a CM with "download latest" turned on. Here's the result:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BaAiJ8zIcAAHTn1.jpg (96.3 KB, 152 views)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
I'm on PS4 and used the latest roster, and he's there. I don't know what to tell you.

To make sure that what I'm saying is true for the very latest roster (in case the one I started my CM with has been replaced) I just started a CM with "download latest" turned on. Here's the result:
UGH! I'll try again today. Frustrating because O'Connor showed up all three times I started CM with Latest Rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »