Home

Need an online coach/mentor

This is a discussion on Need an online coach/mentor within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need an online coach/mentor

Ok here's the deal

Played FIFA 13 here and there, but hadn't played FIFA before that in 10-15 years. Got decent at FIFA 13 on 360 to where I could handle professional difficulty with ease.

Got FIFA 14, played it but I get demolished on Professional pretty regularly. In online, I can play in Division 10 and win pretty regularly, but in Division 9 I'm getting beat 2-0, 3-0 almost every match.

Playing with my friends at home, I get demolished. I may win 1 out of every 4 or 5 matches, MAYBE. I understand it takes time to get good, but it pisses me off to the point that I don't even want to play. It takes the entire fun out of a game , a game which I only play to have fun. It's self-defeating.

Here's my issue: I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. My friends are jerks, obviously, so they aren't gonna tell me.

I just wanna know what I do wrong. If it something fixable, or if it's just something I need to play for years to perfect what I'm doing. But I'm thinking I am doing something pretty glaringly obvious that is taking me out of games completely.

I do know my defense is terrible, and that's one area I need to work on. Also keeping possession.

Would anyone want to play 4-5 matches with me and tell me ways to improve my play? Obviously you're gonna win every match, so there's something in it for you, but I'm getting sick of being cannon fodder and I'd like to at least compete with friends. I'm on Xbox One btw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Need an online coach/mentor

Yeah I can try. My GT: i Krayon O
Old 02-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Add me and ill play a few with you and see the issues. I wont be on till tonight though. Im beating people in division 4 with a silver team lol
Old 02-22-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
Just started!

Hawkeyenation9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbezzle
Ok here's the deal

Played FIFA 13 here and there, but hadn't played FIFA before that in 10-15 years. Got decent at FIFA 13 on 360 to where I could handle professional difficulty with ease.

Got FIFA 14, played it but I get demolished on Professional pretty regularly. In online, I can play in Division 10 and win pretty regularly, but in Division 9 I'm getting beat 2-0, 3-0 almost every match.

Playing with my friends at home, I get demolished. I may win 1 out of every 4 or 5 matches, MAYBE. I understand it takes time to get good, but it pisses me off to the point that I don't even want to play. It takes the entire fun out of a game , a game which I only play to have fun. It's self-defeating.

Here's my issue: I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. My friends are jerks, obviously, so they aren't gonna tell me.

I just wanna know what I do wrong. If it something fixable, or if it's just something I need to play for years to perfect what I'm doing. But I'm thinking I am doing something pretty glaringly obvious that is taking me out of games completely.

I do know my defense is terrible, and that's one area I need to work on. Also keeping possession.

Would anyone want to play 4-5 matches with me and tell me ways to improve my play? Obviously you're gonna win every match, so there's something in it for you, but I'm getting sick of being cannon fodder and I'd like to at least compete with friends. I'm on Xbox One btw
As Long as you know soccer, and how its played, you should be fine
Old 02-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

playing online means that you have to either know how to counter the cheese or learn to cheese yourself. the easiest way to counter the constant pressing is to 1-2 pass and just generally play support passes. they will do the rest for you and be out of position for some easy goals.

as far as defending, if you aren't good. start by not controlling your back four. instead let the cpu control them and you defend with a midfielder. you just tactical defend and press. once you get better and can control your defenders, just take away the passing lanes and counter them all game long.

its is hard to break out of divisions 6-8, but once you do, it is pretty easy till division 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »