Home

Operation Sports Football Club (PS4)

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Football Club (PS4) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #73
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Operation Sports Football Club (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Also try messing around with your height, weight, and player position/role on the main edit player screen to get an attribute build that supports your playing style. While you're on that menu, don't forget to equip any special traits that you've unlocked.
This is really important, especially if we're switching positions throughout the night. Take the extra minute to change your VP's position and role to something suitable to where you're playing. You might be able to get away with using some of the midfield builds while playing in defense, there's no reason to playing back there as a forward. Also, 5-8 to 5-10 is the sweet spot for maximizing SPD/ACC/AGL, so unless you're playing thru the middle and know how to use a bigger/stronger player (and much slower), it's probably best to keep your guy in that range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Also, I was consistently getting low match ratings around 5.5-6.0 . But I wasn't playing wild or anything. I played to my position responsibilities. Could that be because im not attacking or playing defense based on the formation or tactics?
You are scored on your positioning throughout the match and it can eat away at your rating. If you look on your player performance screen, you'll see the number of times out of position. It is tied to the formation/tactics, and if you want some help, watch the indicator under your player (assuming it's on, of course). The more chevrons you see, the further away you are from where the game wants you to be.

Turning the ball over will really drag your rating down. Not only getting tackled, but incomplete or intercepted passes as well... like all the hopeful thru balls we're all guilty of forcing. Conversely, winning the ball back and completing passes will see your rating creep up. At its core, the rating system encourages playing your role and not giving the ball away. Of course, banging in a few goals will spike your rating, but to consistently keep your rating up, avoiding mistakes is the key.

With all that being said, I thought you played well at CDM in the couple of games we played together there. You were aggressive, but you seemed to have a good idea of when & where to go. I think the biggest thing to work on, and it applies to everyone, is limiting turnovers by being more patient and making the open passes the defense gives us rather than forcing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
One thing I would suggest for anyone struggling is to go through the skill games. They do a good job of teaching you the button combos (L2 + R2 for face up moves, L2 to protect the ball, L1 for finesse moves). Noticed a lot of turbo while holding the ball, and that is a recipe for disaster.
And you really want to avoid holding sprint while receiving the ball. It almost always results in a clumsy first touch, and in pro clubs, that usually means losing the ball. If you're running, lay off R2 long enough to control the ball, and if you're standing still, try holding L2 when receiving to really kill the ball. It's helpful in tight spaces, like a striker with a defender on his back, or when receiving a cross-field lob you need to control quickly before the D closes you down.

Last edited by Qb; 07-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #74
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Is this club going to be around in FIFA 15? I've been deployed this entire year (still am) and haven't been able to get FIFA 14. I get back home right before the next release, so I maybe down if y'all are still around.

I played with the club back in 11 and 12. Team kinda fell off the map at the end of 12...so I joined a different club in 13. I definitely had fun playing with the group back then...QB, broncs, etc..

I was Booger_Mac btw
Old 07-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #75
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't know what everybody's levels are as far as what can be purchased but I'm a 37 right now and can gift things if people need them.

As far as my player goes, I'm best suited as a middy out on the wings, a CAM, and I can also play an attacking wing or up top as a bigger target man. When we were playing this back in Jan, I was a 6'4 striker.

I'm comfortable in any of those spots. My preference is on the right wing or CAM but I'm getting more and more comfortable out on the left wing in the 4-2-2-2 we were running at the end of the night.

I went in today and adjusted my guy's role to be a left footed middy winger. Right now I have 84 control, 80 curve, and 87 dribbling. Mental ratings are 72 aggression, 79 attack pos, 57 interceptions and 80 vision. 84 crossing, 77 long pass, and 84 short pass.

Pure physical ratings are
87-Accel
86-Agil
82-Bal
77-Jump
85-Reac
84-Sprint
81-Stam

My OVR by category
Ball skills-83
Defense-47
Mental-71
Passing-81
Physical-80
Shooting-71
GK-never played it

My traits are outside foot shot
Early crosser and second wind(could change to long throw in if needed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #76
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

Just joined on. I am willing to play anywhere. But for now it looked like no one has really settled into the Rb position so I think that looks like a good place to start.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #77
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Out of curiosity, who was NaldosXe (the goalie without the mic)?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #78
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

We going to play tonight?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
I don't know what everybody's levels are as far as what can be purchased but I'm a 37 right now and can gift things if people need them.
I didn't see too many high level guys aside from our 6'2" striker who was an 85 overall, so I'd imagine most people could benefit from the Football Catalog gift system.

I think my catalog is at level 13 right now.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #80
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I'll be on tonight around 930 est

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »