Home

Career Mode

This is a discussion on Career Mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career Mode

Could someone who knows a lot about soccer walk me through how a season is played? I am wanting to pick up this for PS4 but could someone help me please. Do we play entire season and at the end is there playoffs? Do we get to play all of the tournaments such as the UEFA tourney. I am thinking of playing as liverpool just don't understand how a Futbol season goes. Any help would be appreciative.

thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Re: Career Mode

You will play 38 League games and also play in the Capitol one cup as well as the FA Cup. They will be mixed in like real life. Liverpool(one of my faves to play as this year) is not in the CL or EL by default but you swap them with Spurs or man city or someone else who is in the same league.

Last edited by doyce7; 11-20-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

To flesh out doyce7's comment...you'll go through an initial transfer period (unless you suspend transfers that first summer in the set up options) which also acts like pre-season.

You'll play your chosen league's schedule and any domestic cup competitions they are in. In Europe you can leave 1st season European competitions off which means they'll only fire up the second season or you can option them on and manually add teams or allow the game to do it for you.

Then in January you'll have another transfer period that runs concurrently with the season.

On top of this, if your results warrant it, you may be asked to coach a national side. If you are, then you also have that side's competitive and friendly games to play.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
Could someone who knows a lot about soccer walk me through how a season is played? I am wanting to pick up this for PS4 but could someone help me please. Do we play entire season and at the end is there playoffs? Do we get to play all of the tournaments such as the UEFA tourney. I am thinking of playing as liverpool just don't understand how a Futbol season goes. Any help would be appreciative.

thank you
The Premier League (and football leagues in general) use a point system. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss. The team that is top of the table come the end of the season is crowned the champion. The top four teams qualify for the Champions League and the bottom three teams are relegated to the division below (in this case the Championship). There's also the Capital one Cup and the FA Cup. Promotion in the lower leagues (Championship, League One, League , etc) is a bit different. In the Championship, the top two teams are promoted to the Premier League while the teams from 3rd-6th compete in the playoffs to determine who gets the third promotion slot.

There's also the Europa League, but I won't get into that.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks guys...Man that all sounds complicated. I guess it's not like NFL winning your division then going to playoffs and super bowl. I hope I can understand and keep up with how to run the league and how I'm doing and when we play tournaments and things.. thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

It really isn't as complicated as it sounds. You have the calendar to keep track of whether you're playing in your league or for a tournament. The real complexity is in managing your roster based on league or tournament play and on the field itself.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
Thanks guys...Man that all sounds complicated. I guess it's not like NFL winning your division then going to playoffs and super bowl. I hope I can understand and keep up with how to run the league and how I'm doing and when we play tournaments and things.. thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
It really isn't as complicated as it sounds. You have the calendar to keep track of whether you're playing in your league or for a tournament. The real complexity is in managing your roster based on league or tournament play and on the field itself.
yeah it isn't as complicated as it is convoluted.

there are no divisional winners, play-off spot contentions like an 8-8 team making it into the playoffs over a 10-6 team because they won the division while the 10-6 team missed out on tie breakers for the wildcard spots...

the football/soccer table is easy, have the most points at the end of the season and you win. finish in the top 6 and you can qualify for additional "tournaments" that are played concurrent to your season. so for a few months in the fall and spring you will be playing a league game on sat/sun and a "tourney" game on tuesday/wednesday. the bigger tournaments are usually broken down into group stages and then brackets(but with draws rather than seedings), the league tourneys are basically bracket "style".
a cool feature is that once you are in the Champions League and Europa league, if you win either of the 2(you can only compete in 1 or the other) then at the beginning of the next season you play a Champions cup match against the winner of the other league tournament.(Last year Chelsea won Europa and Bayern Munich won Champions League, they played this August with Bayern winning in PKs 2-2(5-4 on pks))

it's kinda like a better version of the NCAA. I'll use Texas as my example, Texas plays a 12 game season, they are competing for 3 different "titles". the big 12 title by winning conference games and winning the Big12. the National Title by being ranked #1 in the polls at the end of the season(a stretch I know). and finally the BCS National title by winning the BCS national title game. except, they are all going on at the same time.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Thank you speedtracker that helped a lot...thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »