Home

Taking Things to the Next Level: Five Ways to Improve FIFA 14

This is a discussion on Taking Things to the Next Level: Five Ways to Improve FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Big Dummy
 
DustinT's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 1,937
Blog Entries: 39
Taking Things to the Next Level: Five Ways to Improve FIFA 14


As I detailed in my review, there's a lot to like about FIFA 14 on next-gen hardware. I had gotten a good feeling about the game back at E3 2013, as it's framerate, animations, pace and overall fidelity seemed like promising indicators of what the final product would deliver. This made it all the more satisfying when EA was able to provide that experience in the full release. By actually leveraging some of the new horsepower in some subtle but meaningful ways, EA was able to broaden the “feel” of the FIFA gameplay even if they weren't actually messing with the core engine in drastic ways.

Taking Things to the Next Level: Five Ways to Improve FIFA 14 - Read More
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS / PS4 / Xbox One
DustinT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Hi, just wondered if you have any specific suggestions? It's kinda vague to say "Focus on individual players and team styles".

I agree fully that more needs to be done for other modes. Too obviously, Career mode is about being Football Manager lite. Player career needs to be wayyyy more in depth, with more incentive to play as an individual player versus the very flimsy mode it is right now. Press conferences should either be way more enhanced or removed entirely as they just add as an added distraction.
crissyronaldo92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Staff Writer
 
Wiggy's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 82
Blog Entries: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissyronaldo92
Hi, just wondered if you have any specific suggestions? It's kinda vague to say "Focus on individual players and team styles".

I agree fully that more needs to be done for other modes. Too obviously, Career mode is about being Football Manager lite. Player career needs to be wayyyy more in depth, with more incentive to play as an individual player versus the very flimsy mode it is right now. Press conferences should either be way more enhanced or removed entirely as they just add as an added distraction.
I guess I was a bit indirect in that point, but what I was trying to say is that the game needs to not only present star players and teams in specific ways, but it needs to make them "feel" different when you're actually controlling them.
Wiggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy
I guess I was a bit indirect in that point, but what I was trying to say is that the game needs to not only present star players and teams in specific ways, but it needs to make them "feel" different when you're actually controlling them.
I'd be curious to know which clubs you use. If you're only using the best teams, of course they feel similar, but there is definitely a difference between playing as the Seattle Sounders versus Aston Villa versus Benfica. The problem is that most people don't try to adapt their clubs to maximize their players but simply select the best teams.

The really good FIFA players are those who can win with a smaller club, not just bigger ones.

I do like the suggestions regarding living Worlds. The only issue will be securing licensing agreements with managers. I don't think European/World Soccer has a coaches association in the same vein as theire exists something for players (FIFAPro). I know people give Madden lack when certain coaches aren't available (Bellichick).
believeinnow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Staff Writer
 
Wiggy's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 82
Blog Entries: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
I'd be curious to know which clubs you use. If you're only using the best teams, of course they feel similar, but there is definitely a difference between playing as the Seattle Sounders versus Aston Villa versus Benfica. The problem is that most people don't try to adapt their clubs to maximize their players but simply select the best teams.

The really good FIFA players are those who can win with a smaller club, not just bigger ones.

I do like the suggestions regarding living Worlds. The only issue will be securing licensing agreements with managers. I don't think European/World Soccer has a coaches association in the same vein as theire exists something for players (FIFAPro). I know people give Madden lack when certain coaches aren't available (Bellichick).
Well, I'm not going to pretend I'm some all-world football guy (I'm not the regular soccer contributor on the site), but my pals and I definitely mix up who we use (online and offline).

I guess the point I'm making is that there can be a kind of familiar feel from one squad to the next -- ie. within the team, there doesn't seem to be a feeling of uniqueness among the players.

As I wrote, I think some of this comes down to presenting specific players in a certain way, but I think it also comes down to custom animations, feel, etc.
Wiggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
MVP
 
statum71's Arena
 
OVR: 61
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Arlington, Tx
Blog Entries: 27
I only bothered to read to see if you mentioned putting Tournament Mode back in.

Thank you!!

Dear EA....all due respect. Not all of us enjoy playing online modes.
statum71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
MVP
 
statum71's Arena
 
OVR: 61
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Arlington, Tx
Blog Entries: 27
Im picking up the PS3 version tomorrow so I can run my EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga seasons (using tournament mode).

But I am HIGHLY disappointed not to be getting this on PS4 instead.
statum71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2007
please also revert to the old way of manager mode. no more of this scouting nonsense. or at least make it an on off option. this literally ruined fifa for me.
skrody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.

Top -