Home

Is using the wide play actually considered bad form/an exploit in online play?

This is a discussion on Is using the wide play actually considered bad form/an exploit in online play? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4
Is using the wide play actually considered bad form/an exploit in online play?

Just wanted to put this out there. I'm an average FIFA player, don't have the skill with the skill moves to play in the middle of the pitch in online so I've built my FUT team for speed on the outsides and a strong head in the middle.

Now I have some guy who for the most part stifled me the entire match we just had save for once calling me an exploiter...

Did I miss something? Or is it sour grapes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

Re: Is using the wide play actually considered bad form/an exploit in online play?

eh, it's like the lob-through ball issue. 50% call it cheap, 50% use it a ton.

pace was and is a killer but they've tried to make it less of an issue as it had been. no matter what someone is going to have a speedster either on the edge or up the middle and they are going to attempt to spring the play through them.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

Re: Is using the wide play actually considered bad form/an exploit in online play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhocmark
Just wanted to put this out there. I'm an average FIFA player, don't have the skill with the skill moves to play in the middle of the pitch in online so I've built my FUT team for speed on the outsides and a strong head in the middle.

Now I have some guy who for the most part stifled me the entire match we just had save for once calling me an exploiter...

Did I miss something? Or is it sour grapes?
This is exactly why I have not played FUT online. I know i don't have the skills to control the ball, so I counter attack and play wide. I was wondering, like yourself, if this is considered cheese in FIFA circles.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

Well the online is all about the chips over the top... I lose to it all the time but I never cried foul...I'm not playing the meta game style and I just find I have the most success soaking up pressure then countering up the sides.

But what you're saying is that essentially everything is cheap

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhocmark
Well the online is all about the chips over the top... I lose to it all the time but I never cried foul...I'm not playing the meta game style and I just find I have the most success soaking up pressure then countering up the sides.

But what you're saying is that essentially everything is cheap

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
correct, if it works against someone without you building up a slow pressure in the midfield through short passes then someone is going to call it a cheap goal...

my favorite watching someone constantly attempt lob-through balls over and over, then when countered with lob-through they cry foul...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
correct, if it works against someone without you building up a slow pressure in the midfield through short passes then someone is going to call it a cheap goal...

my favorite watching someone constantly attempt lob-through balls over and over, then when countered with lob-through they cry foul...
Okay, so the guy is just a tool that doesn't understand the concept of a meta-game and or is just a bad loser.

Stupid thing is, I'm not even playing what appears to be the en vogue metagame formation.

Ahh well, I'm done getting bothered over it. Cheers for the validation that the entire game is just cheesie exploitation and not just me
Old 12-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

The way I look at it is that every team IRL is looking to exploit the weaknesses of the other team. Just because super skill stick jockeys think that they have command of the middle doesn't mean, and shouldn't mean that you have to play their game, and it fact should play a different strategy.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

What is wide?
What is the metagame?

I thought I would never like FUT but have been actually having a lot of fun crafting a team and playing the offline seasons/tournaments. I don't understand all the custom tactics and dribble moves yet but am trying to learn.

I have a defense heavy team (100 chemistry) and try to have ball winners knowing my offense doesn't lite up the scoreboard. I know I do not have the fastest guys but the few times I've gone online the difference in speed between me and my opponents made me think the game was bugging out.

My opponents literally fly to the ball all over the pitch. The instance I touch it there is someone one me. I am not sure if they are always controlling them or the cpu is but the move what seems twice as fast as my team and turn on dimes. When I sprint there is all sorts of momentum when trying to turn or stop but my opponents seem unaffected.

What tactic are these guys using? What is high pressure I hear so much about?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »