Home

Does the CPU cheat?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU cheat? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Does the CPU cheat?

Ya I'm still really enjoying the game though. It just plays so damn smooth.

I guess the CPU's spot on passing and crossing make up for some of the poor choices the CPU does make (on pro at least). There are some opportunities the CPU passes up that would make great shots on goal. CPU also misses it's fair share as well. Guess it's all relative and it evens out.

I guess the randomness on offense with passing, crossing, through balls being tough makes the game challenging and scores realistic. (on pro for me, I'm still new to the game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #26
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

If you guys find you're being railed by a cpu team, and are unable to shut down their attack, try shifting the attitude slider (or whatever it's called) to Ultra Defensive. Don't be afraid to bring strikers and mids back to play D and harass the ball carrier. Do this until the pressure subsides. See if it helps.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #27
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

And to that I will add: it is perfectly possible to score while Ultra Defensive. Your guys will still move up the pitch when you attack. It might take a little longer, but it'll happen. But they will drop back to defend better. The only real hamstring is you'll have fewer guys waiting in the penalty area when you have a corner.

Just be careful how far you bring up your backs. Getting too aggressive with them is what gets you burned.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #28
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
If you guys find you're being railed by a cpu team, and are unable to shut down their attack, try shifting the attitude slider (or whatever it's called) to Ultra Defensive. Don't be afraid to bring strikers and mids back to play D and harass the ball carrier. Do this until the pressure subsides. See if it helps.
Good advice, I tried this before and it does help.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #29
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Well this must be a trapping of WC, cuz I simply do not see this on Pro.

When I play a lower-tier team, I dominate them. If I get sloppy, I might pay for it, but I never get pushed around by the likes of Crystal Palace or Aston Villa.
No it's not, the weaker teams are absolutely weaker on the higher difficulties(I play on World Class/Legendary) What I find though is that at times I kind of slack off against the lower rated clubs, don't concentrate as much, get sloppy. Or I get ahead by 2 or 3 goals and then just grind out the game. It's this second part which is now costing me late on in the season, because with just 4 games left in my Roma season I'm tied with Napoli for 3rd with 70 points, but they have a much better GD, meaning I have to somehow get ahead of them if I want CL football, and with Milan and Juve on my fixture list, I may be forced to settle for Europa league.
As for the problems a lot of you have been encountering, again I don't see it. Maybe it's a play style thing, or skill, or just perception, but overall I find the CPU to play hard but fair. Sure they're very good at using angles, and drawing you out of position(then exploiting the space you vacate), they don't abuse the sprint button, or dive in for bad tackles, again leaving you vulnerable, and there's no thought to switching players but that's not "cheating" in my book.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #30
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Nah the computer doesn't cheat, more often than not the situations you describe are caused by human error, poor positioning, poor decision making, abuse of the sprint button, things like that. It sounds to me like you're just frustrated. I'm nearing the end of my first full season with the NG version of the game using Roma and I'm in 3rd position with a record of 19W 8D 4L
Playing strictly on world class and legendary, if the CPU did the things you've mentioned above, I'd have way more losses than 4
I respectfully disagree with you. The AI cheats a lot. Mind you, there is a lot less of it in the NG version than the PG version, because the AI is smarter all around. Without sliders, this game cheats, period. To be more accurate, I believe the game penalizes you for mistakes, in a non-realistic fashion, that definitely end up in a goal one way or another.

The fact you dont experience these things may be because youre so good at the game, it has no way to penalize you.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #31
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
I respectfully disagree with you. The AI cheats a lot. Mind you, there is a lot less of it in the NG version than the PG version, because the AI is smarter all around. Without sliders, this game cheats, period. To be more accurate, I believe the game penalizes you for mistakes, in a non-realistic fashion, that definitely end up in a goal one way or another.

The fact you dont experience these things may be because youre so good at the game, it has no way to penalize you.
so which is it? i play poor and the cpu capitalizes or it cheats? I don't disagree with you in the way you are penalized for making poor decisions, however how many times do you have to make these type of decisions before you learn?

I just picked up the game on NG a few weeks ago and I think it is a little harder compared to last gen. The defense plays similar to last gen launch (pre patch). I don't have to adjust sliders too much, just a slight tweak to accel and speed. I play on WC difficulty and find the games plays pretty good. Just need more fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #32
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis

Talking real world here, in professional sports especially, mistakes/errors are 99% of the time the difference in the game, just look at last night's Eagles/Saints game, a Riley Cooper dropped pass and a bad cary Williams penalty on the final kickoff are ultimately what cost the Eagles the game, its harsh but its reality, one mistake is all it takes sometimes. Cheating would mean that the CPU was breaking rules to beat you, does that happen? I've never seen it. Do they defy physics in a way that you cannot? Haven't seen that either. Are there momentum swings that work for or against you depending on form? Yes there are, but at the end of the season the benefits/consequences usually cancel each other out. Here's a perfect example, I play on Legendary, I'm level on points with 3rd place Napoli, and ahead of 5th place inter by 3 points. In round 35 I'm at home against 2nd place Milan(on a 6 game win streak), and Napoli and Inter are playing one another. If the CPU was cheating, I would have lost and Napoli would have won, all but knocking me out of Champions league next season. What happened? I won 2-0, the second goal coming on a MISTAKE by the CPU, here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

As for Napoli, they lost 1-0 at Inter giving me a 3 point advantage over both clubs with 3 games remaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »