Home

Does the CPU cheat?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU cheat? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #49
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Does the CPU cheat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Ive just had 2 games in a row where it felt like there was no way I was going to win. Every deflection was going their way, my shots were missing inexplicably. my players were being mauled, they were threading passes through needle points.

This game really sucks when this happens.

My favourite was my 2 guys running at the same ball, tripping over each other, fall to the ground and the CPU comes in and gets it.
Playing against clubs in top form, or with a club in with poor form does get difficult. It just feels as if you're slower all over the pitch. I like that this happens though(not at the time of course) because the game (tries at least) to replicate what it feels like to play against a club that's clicking on all cylinders. If and this is a big IF for me, IF this didn't work both ways, I would definitely have an issue with the whole "form thing" but when your club is playing well, and it feels as if you just can't lose, there's nothing better. The best type of games however are the ones where both clubs are in top form, the intensity is simply unrivaled.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #50
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

This has made the leap to most infuriating game Ive ever played. One controller down.

It's laughable.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #51
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Playing against clubs in top form, or with a club in with poor form does get difficult. It just feels as if you're slower all over the pitch. I like that this happens though(not at the time of course) because the game (tries at least) to replicate what it feels like to play against a club that's clicking on all cylinders. If and this is a big IF for me, IF this didn't work both ways, I would definitely have an issue with the whole "form thing" but when your club is playing well, and it feels as if you just can't lose, there's nothing better. The best type of games however are the ones where both clubs are in top form, the intensity is simply unrivaled.
I just played a 2nd division team, who've lost 6 in a row and they were slid tackling the ball in order to pass the ball to teammates. They magically toe poked the ball every single time to an outletting teammate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #52
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I just played a 2nd division team, who've lost 6 in a row and they were slid tackling the ball in order to pass the ball to teammates. They magically toe poked the ball every single time to an outletting teammate.
Yes, fully agree this happens, the slide-tackle-passing is infuriating sometimes. I was Blackburn in my Manager Mode, and had two huge games coming up. 6 teams were within 2 points of eachother with the same games played. If I won the first one, would put me in a good spot, winning the second would put me top 5 guaranteed. Both teams I was playing against were in that block of six teams.

What happened next was both disastrous and hilarious. Aside from the regular bounces all going the cpu way, i had numerous players RUNNING THE OPPOSITE WAY OF THE BALL, not to mention i was scored on 5 times in 2 games to lose both games, 3 of those were penalty shots. Simply unbelievable.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:40 AM   #53
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Another thing that irks me badly is the obviousness sometimes. Around the 45' and 90' marks, as we all know, funny thing happens. Even when its in my favour I usually get angry, as I'm a full-manual player and not used to the PS4 controller, and I screw them up sometimes. 45' the goalie kicks it right to me off a goal kick or the d-man bobbles it and gives it to me to score. So stupid looking. Also the goalie duffs clearances far too often, it just look plain stupid.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #54
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Yes, fully agree this happens, the slide-tackle-passing is infuriating sometimes. I was Blackburn in my Manager Mode, and had two huge games coming up. 6 teams were within 2 points of eachother with the same games played. If I won the first one, would put me in a good spot, winning the second would put me top 5 guaranteed. Both teams I was playing against were in that block of six teams.
That is uncanny. Im Blackburn and Im in the exact same situation (in a bunch of 6 teams within 3 points of each other all fighting for promotion). I hear what you're saying.

Im pissed as I made a resolution to break a controller for at least a year.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:52 AM   #55
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Quote:
That is uncanny. Im Blackburn and Im in the exact same situation (in a bunch of 6 teams within 3 points of each other all fighting for promotion). I hear what you're saying.

Im pissed as I made a resolution to break a controller for at least a year.
Haha, hilarious. All the teams that start with a 'B' were in the 6 team race also. Really strange. Anyway, I got fired, not only did I know the significance of those two games, but it seems the cpu was also aware, and the AI made it extra tough on me, on purpose, so at least I knew there was a point to it, and I think it was cool that I noticed how important those two games were, and the cpu noticed also, even if I'm angry about it. Like I was saying, I got fired after those two games, and now just started managing KAA Gent in Belgium, where the last manager somehow failed to play the top two strikers on the team for even one game.

I'm fairly familiar with the Belgian league, and somehow only now noticed that for some odd reason, the KAA Gent logo is a North American Native, similar to the Chicago Blackhawks. Very strange, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #56
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Haha, hilarious. All the teams that start with a 'B' were in the 6 team race also. Really strange. Anyway, I got fired, not only did I know the significance of those two games, but it seems the cpu was also aware, and the AI made it extra tough on me, on purpose, so at least I knew there was a point to it, and I think it was cool that I noticed how important those two games were, and the cpu noticed also, even if I'm angry about it. Like I was saying, I got fired after those two games, and now just started managing KAA Gent in Belgium, where the last manager somehow failed to play the top two strikers on the team for even one game.
Who were your best Blackburn payers? Slew is a gun striker. Great to put pressure on. Judge is good, love Spurr's boot on the left flank, and King burns defenders off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »