Home

Career mode question

This is a discussion on Career mode question within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Career mode question

This is unrelated to the original post, but is still a career mode question. I've been playing fifa for a long time, but never bothered asking; if I play with 3 in the back but I have a right back on the bench in a simulated match...how would the computer handle it if my right back was subbed on? Would the computer change the formation to accommodate him or would it stick him in a position doesn't play?

Also, I just promoted a youth player who is clearly going to be a future star, but it bothers me that his work rate is low/low. I like to press and win the ball back quickly but his work rate would just have him standing around right? I know I can change this if I edit the formation but he can play multiple positions and doesn't start every game. Should I just sell him and make a bit of cash? Or has anyone with a similar issue found a workaround?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Buy the financial takeover from the catalogue when you need those extra funds or to upgrade to good youth scouts
Do better scouts find better players or more accurately assess the players they find?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
This is unrelated to the original post, but is still a career mode question. I've been playing fifa for a long time, but never bothered asking; if I play with 3 in the back but I have a right back on the bench in a simulated match...how would the computer handle it if my right back was subbed on? Would the computer change the formation to accommodate him or would it stick him in a position doesn't play?

Also, I just promoted a youth player who is clearly going to be a future star, but it bothers me that his work rate is low/low. I like to press and win the ball back quickly but his work rate would just have him standing around right? I know I can change this if I edit the formation but he can play multiple positions and doesn't start every game. Should I just sell him and make a bit of cash? Or has anyone with a similar issue found a workaround?
formation doesn't change, they will just put him where it makes the most sense. So your RB would play either CB, CDM, or even wide midfielder depending on his stats.

I cant speak for NG version, but if work rate is the same as old gen, then it doesn't mean anything as far as playing the game is concerned. Nobody really knows how work rate effects the game, but I have a feeling it might effect sims. You can change the work rates of each position, that seems to have a bigger effect then individual work rates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 AM   #12
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Do better scouts find better players or more accurately assess the players they find?
Better scouts find more players and can scout more players at once. The higher the experience the more players he can scout at one time, better judgement means quicker scouting. As far as "better" players, it seems to me it depends more on what league you START in than the scouts skill level.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
Better scouts find more players and can scout more players at once. The higher the experience the more players he can scout at one time, better judgement means quicker scouting. As far as "better" players, it seems to me it depends more on what league you START in than the scouts skill level.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thanks, that explains it.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anybody play a player career with an existing player? I curious as to how progression works since there aren't any accomplishments as far as I see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »