Home

Idea: "Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness" slider

This is a discussion on Idea: "Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness" slider within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Idea: "Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness" slider

This game would benefit greatly from a "Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness" slider.

For the CPU increasing this hypothetical slider would make them more prone to go for tackles regardless of whether or not they had an open shot at the ball, as well as more slide tackles on players and slides to try and win 50/50 plays. This would help one of the great flaws of the game: lack of fouls against the CPU.

For human players it would make your teammates more aggressive. This too is a short coming of the game, with guys on your side being far too passive in terms of tackling and going for 50/50 plays.

Perhaps most importantly overall it would allow you to adjust fouls and aggressiveness relative to the length of half that you play, rather than having to adjust the half length to try and get the right amount of fouls.

If they were to try and fix the lack of physicality and aggressiveness of the game without adding a "Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness" slider, then they'd be robbing users of that flexibility to match aggressiveness to their desired half length.

Between FIFA and PES I have to wonder just what game these guys are watching, and just what game they are trying to emulate. Soccer is a lot more physical than what either FIFA or PES have put forth in recent times. I wish one of them would take that bold step forward and bring soccer games to where they need to be.

Hopefully someone out there is listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Idea: "Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness" slider

I will take anything like this to make the game better so bring it EA.

A ball "magnetism" slider would be nice too. And one to make goal kicks by the CPU not always go so straight. At least they do some short ones now, but still...

The way fouls work is poor in this game and it isn't helped by the way advantage works.

Last night for example, I had the ball on the edge of the CPU box and cut away from the goal to pass back, the CPU came in from behind and barged me over, advantage icon popped up in the top right corner, another player on my team collected the ball immediately and because I wanted the free kick on the edge of the box I quickly passed it to the CPU. Except the advantage icon turned off while the ball was rolling to them.

It literally stayed on maybe 2 seconds. Wtf?

Just to make it more idiotic, I won the ball back from the CPU then passed it around a few times and took a crack at goal, keeper parried it out for a corner. While we were setting up for the corner the ref walked in and gave the CPU cb a yellow for the rash challenge.

I guess to quote Bad Santa...they can't all be winners.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

I would turn my cpu all the way up as I yell at them every game to "get the damn ball, its right there!! Stop looking at it and get it!!!!"
Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
I would turn my cpu all the way up as I yell at them every game to "get the damn ball, its right there!! Stop looking at it and get it!!!!"
Lol, yeah, it's not just 50/50 plays but also maybe like 90/10 plays where they should be getting the ball but don't.

Seems to me like the game is built for the default auto switch, which would probably switch you to that player in those instances.

As such a Tackle & Loose Ball Aggressiveness slider would kill not just two birds with one stone, but probably three or four.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »