Home

Um....Manager Advice - Possible HUGE MOVE

This is a discussion on Um....Manager Advice - Possible HUGE MOVE within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Um....Manager Advice - Possible HUGE MOVE

I wasn't offered this job, I applied for it and was then offered. I've done that countless times (with nothing but rejection) for teams from England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Denmark. This was the first time I'd gotten an offer. The job for IFK Goteborg was offered to me after I won the MLS Cup, I did nothing to pursue it. My main reason for not wanting to switch is leaving a team mid-season, but my exit may not be as guaranteed as I may like it because I've been getting emails from players this past 2 days asking for more money and my budget may not allow me to pay them what they want. In that case I would need to sell them and then I could try to recoup replacement players (younger/similar OVR), but if I do that with this team, then why not leave for SL Benfica when I had the chance. Lord help me.

I just wish I had a clearer understanding of how the European Leagues are ranked, I would guess that Allsvenskan (no offense) is at the bottom along with who? Switzerland? Then up to Portugal/Austria, then up to Russia/Denmark, then France, then Germany, then Italy/Spain, then England?
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion:

1. England (Premier League)
2. Spain (Liga BBVA), Italy (Serie A), Germany (Bundesliga)
3. France (Ligue 1)
4. Russia (Russian Football Championship), Turkey (Super lig), Portugal (Liga Zon Zagres), Brazil (Liga Do Brasil)
5. Netherlands (Eredivisie), Belgium (Jupiler Pro League), Argentina (Primera Division), Mexico (Liga MX)
6. Sweden, Scotland, Denmark, etc.

This is not 100% right though, it's simply a matter of opinion. Take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_co...urrent_ranking
This shows you league prestige.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Uh...oh....

Won my league, won the league cup, and made a surprising/awesome run to the semi-finals of the Champions League (lost to ManU after dispatching a injury riddle ManCity in the Quarters). No job offers. I applied to an opening at Wolverhampton and got rejected. Turning down Benfica now seems like a bad move. Is it possible I will get an offer over the summer?

Yikes!
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #12
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I suppose it's possible. Id say the next reasonable offer you get. You take it.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #13
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

I just learned a ton from reading this. 😆 thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #14
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
I just learned a ton from reading this. �� thanks guys.

Not half as much as I have.

My problem now is that I'm flush with $30mm in transfer budget, the bulk of my roster is 77+ overall, and I only lost once last season in League play. I'm afraid if I stay another year it's going to become very boring to say the least. I'm hoping something happens soon.

Being rejected by Wolverhampton scares me - I may have to settle for Ligue 1 or Bundesliga (ha I say settle for...those are elite leagues, much more prestigious than Allsvenskan!)
Old 05-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #15
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

Im still learning the ropes playing through MLS. Currently just playing my career mode trying to get picked up by any other league. Ill have to get back to my manager soon though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #16
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

In what can only be described as a very painful decision, I have decided to end my FIFA13 career mode. I started with Sporting KC in MLS and 264 games later after my second Allsvenskan League title I have decided that I have had enough. I was also the manager of the Northern Ireland national football team for a spell last season, we didn't qualify for the 2018 World Cup, but we did manage a draw against Germany. Looking back I should have stayed at MLS for an extra season to increase my prestige, I had just won the MLS Cup and was offered the job at IFK Goteborg, I took it almost immediately without thinking and I'm afraid I became mired in an unprestigous league that hindered my ability to be hired on by bigger clubs. I was offered the job at SL Benfica midway through last season, but foolishly turned it down. My team only had one loss in league play last year and three losses overall. I drew twice with LOSC Lille and ManU in the Champions League, so my team was far out reaching its expectations. I couldn't see this team losing a league game during the upcoming season and I was afraid that would get very, very boring. I applied for several jobs including Huddersfield and Wolverhampton, but was turned down and that I'm afraid is what made my decision easier. I guess in the back of my mind I know that no matter where I went I would follow the same plan for building a roster and eventually become too dominant and even managing Liverpool of FC Barca would be a chore rather than a pleasure. I have the difficulty and slider maxed out to a point where I think the game plays as well as it can, challenging and rewarding, but when my team is 4 stars overall and the next best in my league is 2 1/2, it's hard to find that challenge. I keep rambling because I'm hoping I can talk myself out of leaving, but I can't find the passion to stay on. Another large elephant in the room is the stats. As I posted in the forum, I am a stats guy and this game doesn't allow me to take in as much information as I'd like. I want to know who wins the Korean League, if for no other reason that just to know and be able to put it on a spreadsheet, I can't do that unless I play the league outside of my career mode. I haven't been this into a game since...I've never been this into a game, it really drew me in. As an American with a love of baseball, soccer was always something that intrigued me. I remember watching the 1986 World Cup with my friends and asking what was the big deal with soccer, 2 matches later I knew. It's a wonderful, powerful sport and even though I'm not continuing my career now, I will keep it out there so one day I can return if I choose to.

Farewell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »