Home

Team Rebuilding Strategy

This is a discussion on Team Rebuilding Strategy within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Team Rebuilding Strategy

When managing a team, is it possible to rebuild a team in one year, or should I focus on specific areas each season in the transfer market? For example, should I focus on getting strikers in one year, then defense the next, then perhaps midfielders the following season? On average, how many players should I try to move in and out of my team in a given year?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Team Rebuilding Strategy

What kind of budget are you working with? Team * level? League?

In general I'd say if you have a ton of cash and are managing a 5* powerhouse you can rebuild fairly easily and quickly. The smaller league teams with less money are always more interesting IMO
Old 05-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpatron2
What kind of budget are you working with? Team * level? League?

In general I'd say if you have a ton of cash and are managing a 5* powerhouse you can rebuild fairly easily and quickly. The smaller league teams with less money are always more interesting IMO
I have the helm at Newcastle United. It's in the British Premier League.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I would build around Krul, personally. He's a great keeper. Sell Coloccini while you can still get some value for him, maybe invest in some young English talent (Dier, perhaps)? Moussa Sissoko is also another piece I would build around from the midfield up. Personally I would lump Cisse in the same class as Coloccini, sell while you can still get some money for him and reinvest in younger, maybe lower-rated players. I suppose this is more of an overall plan rather than a season-by-season idea. I believe in building from the back going forward, so I would work on the defenders first, you can't lose if you don't give up goals.

Typically I buy 2-4 players each summer (maybe 1-2 in January if injuries hit), and sell 3 or so, just depends on how they've performed.

Hope this helps a little.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 05-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickeeper
I would build around Krul, personally. He's a great keeper. Sell Coloccini while you can still get some value for him, maybe invest in some young English talent (Dier, perhaps)? Moussa Sissoko is also another piece I would build around from the midfield up. Personally I would lump Cisse in the same class as Coloccini, sell while you can still get some money for him and reinvest in younger, maybe lower-rated players. I suppose this is more of an overall plan rather than a season-by-season idea. I believe in building from the back going forward, so I would work on the defenders first, you can't lose if you don't give up goals.

Typically I buy 2-4 players each summer (maybe 1-2 in January if injuries hit), and sell 3 or so, just depends on how they've performed.

Hope this helps a little.
This is great help. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Using a team with less talent and a tighter budget (at least compared to the big boys), the best place to start is deciding your preferred formation and style of play. Depending on your current squad, you might not be able to implement it right away, but knowing what you're building towards will help keep you on plan.

Once you know what you want your team to be, you need to evaluate your roster to see who fits into your future plans and who doesn't. Be careful not to overlook someone based on overall or labeled position(s). As far as we know, there is no direct penalty for playing someone out of position, so check out individual ratings to find players who can play multiple positions or at least cover in the event of injuries. It might be a CM who has enough speed to play at fullback, or a fullback who can play CB, a winger you can play at CAM, etc. Flexibility is very helpful while still in the building stage, especially if you're forced to keep a smaller squad. Like-for-like starter/backup without much of a drop-off at every position isn't a realistic goal, unless you're at very wealthy club.

For example, I started a CM with Genoa in Italy with the intention of running some variation of the 3-5-2. However, I didn't have the personnel to make it work to start, so I used the familiar 4-2-3-1 to help me keep results at an acceptable level until I could make some moves in January. In playing half a season's worth of games, I found I had a few players who fit some of the roles/positions needed for my plan. Others I knew I needed to bring in -- mobile CB, skilled CAM, a winger/striker -- which I scouted and moved for in January. I'm now able to play a 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 with a lineup I'm fairly happy with under the circumstances.

I'll still have a busy summer, as I could still use a mobile left-footed CB (I have high hopes for a youth stud) and a first-team quality out & out striker. And since I'm in Serie A, I have a lot of guys coming & going when loans expire, so I'll need to go through the evaluation process again. But with a few purchases and maybe a loan or two for depth, I should complete the overhaul in one season. I'll still probably max out as a contender for the Europa League, but I think that's fair considering the budget and glut of slightly stronger teams in the top half of Serie A.

But it all starts with you deciding how you want to play and shaping your squad to fit that vision.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #7
MVP

Thanks man.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I really like their stadium and kits. I think you start with a pretty good budget too, right? Make sure to get some good youth scouts to find some quality players for cheap. Good luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »