Home

World Cup Update

This is a discussion on World Cup Update within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: World Cup Update

It's really half-a** effort from EA. Yes all of the new kits are in the game (however you can only use them in the world cup mode, not kick off or manager mode which is dumb). The brazuka and estadio maracana are there and there is a difference in presentation (pretty much copy paste from the Brazil 2014 world cup game if you've seen gameplay of that). The rosters are different but feel slapped together (i.e Donovan still on the U.S team along with other players that didn't even make the 30 man roster)

Also, about 90% of the players in the full game (not just world cup version) have had their boots set to default (the EA boots grey w/ white stripe) which is very frustrating because I like my players to have the boots they wear in real life. some people might not care that much about the boots, but if you do just a heads up.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyc800
It's really half-a** effort from EA. Yes all of the new kits are in the game (however you can only use them in the world cup mode, not kick off or manager mode which is dumb). The brazuka and estadio maracana are there and there is a difference in presentation (pretty much copy paste from the Brazil 2014 world cup game if you've seen gameplay of that). The rosters are different but feel slapped together (i.e Donovan still on the U.S team along with other players that didn't even make the 30 man roster)

Also, about 90% of the players in the full game (not just world cup version) have had their boots set to default (the EA boots grey w/ white stripe) which is very frustrating because I like my players to have the boots they wear in real life. some people might not care that much about the boots, but if you do just a heads up.

I agree, half-a** effort indeed. Not sure why anyone would be excited for this when we got ripped. We paid premium dollar for the new consoles and got hammed. No offence to anyone who is excited for the new content, I'm just getting old and grumpy.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #11
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

The fact that it's free kinda eliminates the ability to gripe about it, but as far as the content goes it's completely useless to me and something that I will never, ever even open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Pro

Yaoza11's Arena

OVR: 8

Im even more disappointed with this update then I was when I heard there was no World Cup content... still no tournament... wow
Old 05-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

I agree guys, I just checked it out played 1/2 and then quit out of it. I'm not a FUT player so I have no use for that either. I would have been happy to pay $15 for a World Cup add on with a tournament mode with the actual teams. I guess no foul that it was free but still a mode I won't use.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 05-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #14
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
I agree guys, I just checked it out played 1/2 and then quit out of it. I'm not a FUT player so I have no use for that either. I would have been happy to pay $15 for a World Cup add on with a tournament mode with the actual teams. I guess no foul that it was free but still a mode I won't use.
Yeah that's kinda where I'm at as well, UT interests me about as much as hemorrhoids so that's out but I would have gladly paid 10-15$ for a tourney mode with just the WC squads, the stadium and match ball. From a business perspective I don't get where alienating 12 million NG users makes sense but whatever...
Old 05-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #15
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

The uniform update is nice and all, except for that fact that even though Nike, for example, has pretty much the same GK shirt across all nations (except for the crest, obviously), the keepers all have generic shirts.

Lame.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Spent 50k on packs and got David Villa and Michu as best players...
Never again

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »