Home

World Cup Update

This is a discussion on World Cup Update within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #17
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: World Cup Update

WC teams/kits can be used outside of FUT only for head-to-head friendlies through quick play. No tournament mode for off-line players and no online WC match-ups. Seems like a lot of lost opportunity considering the tournament is in the game - only in FUT mode.

I have never been a huge FUT fan. That said, the WC FUT edition feels shallow and lack luster. First, it feels pretty silly selecting a National squad kit only to draw zero players who come from your National squad. Essentially it is regular FUT with new kits.

But that isn't the biggest issue. The biggest issue is EA has left out ALL of the trading. It essentially makes the thought of building a WC team, especially one that represents your national team, a joke.

Sadly, the WC FUT tournament is in FUT mode which you can played online or off - but only with your WC FUT squad. It isn't WC at all when I am running a Columbia squad with Rooney, Mitrovic and Kim Young-Gwon.

They could have easily stuck the WC packs into the normal FUT mode to get and got people started with a starter pack that included a WC kit, coach and a few players. Then add a special month long tournament to FUT that requires you to roll with a national player deck (any packs) and WC specific kit. They would have seen sales of all packs jump. As it is, the WC FUT stuff is worthless and they know it - why else do they have to add incentives from vanilla FUT to get people to buy WC packs.

Last edited by lnin0; 05-31-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The fact that it's free kinda eliminates the ability to gripe about it, but as far as the content goes it's completely useless to me and something that I will never, ever even open.
well can I gripe that is broke all of the new Boots that have been added over the last 6 months?

we play Pro Clubs exclusively and seeing nearly everyone lose their boots has been amusing outside of the fact that I also lost all of my custom boots.

this is a terrible dlc, free or not. useless to me but forced upon me and broken...

also I've been unable to pick the US or Spain in the play now....
Old 05-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #19
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0

But that isn't the biggest issue. The biggest issue is EA has left out ALL of the trading. It essentially makes the thought of building a WC team, especially one that represents your national team, a joke.

They could have easily stuck the WC packs into the normal FUT mode to get and got people started with a starter pack that included a WC kit, coach and a few players. Then add a special month long tournament to FUT that requires you to roll with a national player deck (any packs) and WC specific kit. They would have seen sales of all packs jump. As it is, the WC FUT stuff is worthless and they know it - why else do they have to add incentives from vanilla FUT to get people to buy WC packs.
So true.

Two huge problems with this
#1 I pick England, open starter pack and then 18 packs bought and ZERO English players in any of the packs.

#2 began the fut single player tourney on pro. Won 3-0. The game was terrible. Facing South Korea and they pass it about like Brazil, retain the ball like Brazil, I have never seen so many skill moves by a high 60's/low 70's rated team in my life. Except nothing they did amounted to anything. But because they passed so well and retained the ball it ended up being a run around and chase fest for me, then ping pong pass as rapidly as you can so the rock solid Korean defense doesn't steal the ball from you and then shoot always from anywhere and you beat Fut.

It's the absolute worst gameplay in fut mode. It resembles football in no way shape or form.

So I have no desire to play the next fut game. And after you play one exhibition match with the national teams outside of fut what else is there to do?

The World Cup scenarios that are coming might be decent. I get the feeling they are going to be like the current weekly matches where you have ludicrous scenarios like it's the 90th minute, you are down 2-0 and you have to score a hat trick with your injured LB to pass/clear the challenge.

I find it hilarious that they come up with some of these scenarios and then give you the option of playing on am semi pro WC or legend.

Who on earth can pass some of these time limit games on the high levels? Anybody who has played these challenges surely has seen how the CPU is programmed to time waste even on amateur level. Good luck with that.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #20
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

I played a quick match last night, USA against Honduras. After the match I noticed I didn't receive any XP for my game. Has anybody else noticed this?
Old 05-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #21
Rookie

TMuss's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I played a quick match last night, USA against Honduras. After the match I noticed I didn't receive any XP for my game. Has anybody else noticed this?
Same here. Two matches, no XP or FCC.

And it's clear that the EA crew does not watch USA games. How do they still have the Bomb Pop kits with blue shorts and not the red that they should be in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #22
MVP

BL8001's Arena

No xp/FFC for me either.

Odd. I thought it was just a game/server issue because the xp/FFC system has been very glitchy the entire time 14 has been out. The weekly challenge thing is always hit or miss if you get the xp after the match.

This stinks that it seems to be that ea aren't giving out the xp/FFC in the WC content. That means the scenarios coming up for the WC probably won't give it out either.

Sigh...
Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 AM   #23
Rookie

The effort on EA's part with this Xbox One update is absolutely hilarious. The 23-man rosters are available in a roster download for normal FIFA 14 Kick-Off mode use, while they are completely wrong in World Cup mode. The kits in normal FIFA 14 Kick-Off mode are completely wrong, while they are relatively (no authentic Goalkeeper shirts? Why?) represented correctly in World Cup mode. On a similar note boots and kits: why are we not able to download the Nike Ordem ball yet? We got the Brazuca, which is great, but not the ball every single Nike-sponsored federation has been using for almost the last 6 months of WC Qualifying? We should've had it months ago. Same goes for players boots- Nike and Adidas have both launched new boot lines for the World Cup (Magista, Mercurial X, Adidas Battle Pack) that were all revealed weeks ago. Weeks before the update was live. It cannot take so long to accurately skin a boot and ball models; I can't fathom that would be acceptable at such a large company. Gameplay is completely customizable (by way of sliders) in normal Kick-Off mode, while they are not applicable to World Cup mode despite it also having the option of an offline Kick-Off mode itself. The presentation boxes for the Xbox One are a copy and pasted version of the Xbox 360 version, which is fine- and their appearance is really up to personal preference. I actually like the power bar being displayed over just grass instead of a white background, but like I said, your results may vary. All of that being said, pretty disappointed in EA...and we didn't even discuss gameplay. For something that should've taken minimal time and money, it was completely botched by easily corrected authenticity and gameplay problems. You issue a roster update complete with 23 man rosters as they become available. These were revealed as much as 2 weeks ago from today. You issue a kit and ball update, this information and the designs were available much, much earlier than 2 weeks ago. Update a bit of commentary (this has been done, which is good). It's minimal, but what I would expect with such a short development timeframe. All in all, I wouldn't expect this update to be anything incredible or feature-packed, especially with FIFA 15 getting closer (which obviously has an entirely different set of expectations). It's just unfortunate that the lack of detail in addition to some of the really glaring problems (no official tournament mode, in addition to the already absent tournament mode of FIFA 13, FIFA 12, etc. but we won't get into that) really detracted from such a simple and yet rewarding experience on the next generation consoles.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #24
Rookie

i actually JUST put in my fifa game tonight and saw this as an option... unless theyve changed a lot since its release...im not minding it so much... but i like to do cpu v cpu sim so you guys probably notice more than i do.

it seems as if some, not all, rosters have been updated with ratings and such with match day on...are those updates a WIP as more rosters are finalized? I happened to notice mexico's roster isnt entirely accurate now that they got killed with a big injury.

But i will say this...after going months under the impression that EA was not going to do anything world cup related on next gen this year... i wont gripe too much about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »