Home

World Cup Update

This is a discussion on World Cup Update within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #33
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: World Cup Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
No, sadly there has been no roster update for the WC squads, I tested the USMNT & Donovan was starting, and Jordan Henderson was not in the England squad. I doubt there will ever be an update for NG WC squads.
I'm a bit of a FIFA noob, but what system and what mode? I'm on PS4 and was just in exhibition and Donovan wasn't there.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #34
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I'm a bit of a FIFA noob, but what system and what mode? I'm on PS4 and was just in exhibition and Donovan wasn't there.
I'm specifically talking about the free World Cup content on the xb1. It's entirely possible that Lando isn't on the regular game roster.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #35
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Quote:
I'm specifically talking about the free World Cup content on the xb1. It's entirely possible that Lando isn't on the regular game roster.
Yeah I was in the WC mode. I double checked last night and he WAS listed as a reserve (not sure if that was different) but the US has like a 40-man roster including the reserves. Henderson was not on England, however. Again, I just picked the game up yesterday. Sorry if there was any confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #36
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
well can I gripe that is broke all of the new Boots that have been added over the last 6 months?

we play Pro Clubs exclusively and seeing nearly everyone lose their boots has been amusing outside of the fact that I also lost all of my custom boots.

this is a terrible dlc, free or not. useless to me but forced upon me and broken...

also I've been unable to pick the US or Spain in the play now....

It appears EA fixed whatever the issue was with boots, most likely in a catalogue update. I played a few career mode games the other night and a few guys had generic boots in place of their usual authentic ones. Played last night and didn't see any generic boots.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #37
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Quote:
No, sadly there has been no roster update for the WC squads, I tested the USMNT & Donovan was starting, and Jordan Henderson was not in the England squad. I doubt there will ever be an update for NG WC squads.
Henderson is in the lineup now. I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #38
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

The WC challenges are up but I can't say that is a good thing. Mainly because you can make no slider changes so you are getting default gameplay only.

The CPU is a cheating mess of a bastard on anything above semi-pro. And despite ea making no gameplay changes to NG fifa I swear they make gameplay changes to the weekly matches and now to the WC challenges.

For example, in the Cameroon Mexico match you need to score 2 goals to clear it. Shouldn't be hard on pro right? I mean you have about 25 match minutes left so 2 goals should be easy...except the CPU time wastes. And at least in my opinion, I don't think tactics changes work in these challenges. First thing I do is change to ultra attack. So why, when I move the ball deep into the Mexico end, are there only 2 or 3 Cameroonian players supporting me?

And that midfield hole that can be fixed a bit with sliders is extremely annoying in default matches. The hole that occurs when you attack and your cam, cdm, or cm's wander away from the middle of the pitch so when the CPU clears the ball they have nothing but open pitch in front of them.

Another thing that irks the hell out of me. When you have the ball on most parts of the pitch the ball sort of sticks to you when you are in possession, like it should, but the closer you get to the cpu's goal and in particular their PK box, the ball gets looser when in fact the majority of players IRL bring the ball closer to them the closer they get to goal. It's common sense.

So what happens is you can squeeze LB all you want in and around the PK box, but the moment you let go of it the ball just spills away and the same esp the CPU has to always cut or spin away from slide tackles, they have the same esp to wait until you release LB then when the ball spills they toe poke it.

There is just so much coding in this game to hinder the human attack.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #39
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
well can I gripe that is broke all of the new Boots that have been added over the last 6 months?

we play Pro Clubs exclusively and seeing nearly everyone lose their boots has been amusing outside of the fact that I also lost all of my custom boots.

this is a terrible dlc, free or not. useless to me but forced upon me and broken...

also I've been unable to pick the US or Spain in the play now....
Sweet fancy Moses I am about to snap this disc in half.

I just went to put boots on gk navas on levante and all of the boots I have purchased in the fifa catalog are not under edit player anymore. The catalog still has check marks saying I bought and own them but they aren't selectable or even present in the edit player boot list.

This game is a hot mess.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #40
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Ok this is just so very very poor of ea.

Here is how it works. I did a hard reset of the xbox one by unplugging the power and waiting about 30 seconds (like a router reset) and when the one powered back up it started fifa like I just put the disc in. Went in and checked navas on levante. He has on some orange nikes from the catalog. I then check edit boots and there they all are! Success!

Except no.

I then went into the WC content to check if the Costa Rica challenge was up yet. It wasn't so I backed back out and went into edit mode again. Navas on levante has generic boots and all my bought from the catalog boots are not there again.

So touching the WC content defaults all the boots in your normal downloaded ea squad file.

Absolutely brilliant. So if you touch the WC content the only way to get all your boots back is to hard reset the xbox one. And you are good to go until you touch the WC content again.

Poor. Amazingly poor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »