Home

Dip Shot

This is a discussion on Dip Shot within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Dip Shot

Hey Guys,

So I’m still playing FIFA 14. This is the most I’ve ever played a FIFA game, usually I end up getting really bored after a few months solid play time. But this year I’ve almost finished a full career manager mode.

Anyways, I really want to do a dip shot. I see so many videos on YouTube of guys shooting 30+ yards out and hitting the ball over the keeper, but dipping into the net.

I’ve seen how to videos. Hold the left stick up, two bars of power etc. hold the left stick and let go of sprint before you press “shoot” (and keep hold of left stick). Another one I saw was wait until your player reaches the furthest point from the ball when sprinting, then shoot.

I just want to know how to dip the ball successfully and not on a constant basis because it doesn’t happen every game in real life. But in FIFA world it could happen every game and every time I see it, it looks awesome!

I’ve only ever done it once, by accident, but it felt like a mini win when it went in!

Any help guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dip Shot

Are you talking run of play or free kicks?

Run of play I hit dip shots by just holding RB for finesse shot. The right amount of distance out (it varies player to player) just hold RB and shoot the power you think it should be.

For a free kick, yeah, you just hold up on the left stick. Or up left up right. One thing to note though is in the free kick mini game, which in my opinion is how free kicks should work, you can bend dip and whip the ball nicely in that mini game but in the actual game it doesn't work the same way.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #3
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, I mean general run of play.

A lot of the times though, I struggle to create space to get the shot off, I have defenders swarming all around me.

I'll try the finesse shot. Hopefully that might work.

Anyone else use a different method for the dip shot? I want to try different variations.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #4
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

I have never been able to hit a true "dipping" shot in open play, at least not on purpose. I honestly feel like I get the most "movement" on the ball when I press SHOOT and do nothing on the left stick, which makes virtually no sense at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »