Home

Fifa has become a joke.

This is a discussion on Fifa has become a joke. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa has become a joke.

Just played one of the most scripted career mode games I've ever experienced. I'm playing against Juventus, which I know should be a challenge, but right from the opening kick I can feel that my players have all been "space jammed."

All of my animations are slow motion, my players won't do any good first touch animations and turn to space regardless of what I do with the LT and right stick, every time I push the pass button my players are taking an extra touch or doing fifteen stutter steps to ensure that any passing window closes up....Any and all skill moves with my two 5* and three 4* are completely out the window as they are slower than slow and the ball goes flying 10 yards away every time.

I play it very conservative, pass the ball around and still manage to create a few chances....all either off target, blocked or saved. I keep shape and fortunately the CPU is in a not shooting mood despite their 91% pass accuracy. It's 0-0 in the 80th when i set up for a corner when the CPU decides it's time for a classic 2 cheat BS goal.

1 - Long rebound and outlet pass to midfield line where despite my three players and their one I get player switched cheat and can't control any of them and have to watch my three defenders stand still while Vidal turns and starts his run.

2 - Fortunately I have a lot of pace so I recover and it's a 3 on 4 situation in my favor as we approach the 18. I am able to cut of Vidal and force him to lay the ball of Tevez with two other defenders in perfect position to mark Tevez. Both turn and run away from Tevez before I can switch and helplessly watch the back of the net bulge....This was their only shot attempt the entire game despite 91% passing.

At kickoff I can immediately feel the "space jam" has been lifted now that I'm behind and my passes are fluid, movements are sharp and the controls are responsive.....despite it being the 82nd minute and my entire team being completely gassed. I immediately get the ball down the flank, whip a cross and watch an OP header go in from a virtually impossible angle. I spend the final 10 minutes sending an absolute barrage of shots at their goal but nothing goes in.

I guess EA wants me to be excited that there were two goals in the final 10 minutes and I came from behind to salvage a point. I would have looked at it this way when I was twelve. Now I just see 80 minutes of total crap where I can't control my players, a BS goal where my entire defense goes brain dead and an equally BS goal by me on my worst attempt on goal the entire game.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Fifa has become a joke.

Enough of this.

We don't do 'comeback code' or 'scripted play' talk here as it is used as an easy excuse instead of challenging yourself to get better.

Last edited by Millennium; 06-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »