Home

Fifa has become a joke.

This is a discussion on Fifa has become a joke. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Fifa has become a joke.

EA yet again ruining games one at a time... no competition = lazy developers.

Online games are 100% different than a h2h game. Why is this? Oh because EA has their scripted games in place to have an "even playing field" for online users. So basically I get punished for being a good player and some scrub can get scripted goals and take advantages of predetermined glitches. Computer AI running the wrong direction on players to give space to opponent, computer AI doing the stutter step for a tenth of a second to give more space to the opponent, passes with "assisted" on going randomly directly to the opponent, 12 shots on target for me to his 1 shot on target and its 1-0 him......, random goals all the time in the 45th and 90th minute.. the list goes on and on and on...

Fifa online has NOTHING to do with skill but all to do with EA trying to keep more players playing online with their scripted gameplay... been doing it for years with Madden and the past few with Fifa... I will not be playing online ever again until this is fixed & I know a ton of others who are boycotting as well. Unacceptable. EA are scammers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Fifa has become a joke.

Agreed. The problem is that career and offline is more scripted then online, you'll see unbelievable goals and amazing comebacks that are impossible by the CPU.

After crushing Juventus 6-0 with Roma in a game we shouldn't have won, I did a experiment and played a quick match with Man City against a League Two team and we only scored three goals on them due to them defending way better then most top teams in the game. Everything is balanced and it kills the fun in the game.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Perhaps Slimshaddy just isn't as good at FIFA as he thinks he is? Just saying......
Old 06-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Perhaps Slimshaddy just isn't as good at FIFA as he thinks he is? Just saying......
Yeah that perfectly explains why I beat just about every league champion at least once and beat Juventus with a 6th place Roma team. Plus that explains why I beat Celtic with Ross County even though Celtic had a twenty point stranglehold on the league.

This kind of stuff happens a lot against cupcake teams, it's not a matter of skill. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to beat top teams.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

You guy's are looking at this wrong. While a 5* team should demolish a 1 or 2* team, it isn't about how it is in real life. It comes down to how the person playing plays them. While in real life, you have 11 different minds playing for a team, in the game, its only 1. It certainly helps having better players, but a person who plays a 5* team as a 3* team could easily demolish them if they are good enough (or the difficulty is too low). Just because a team is 6th place IRL doesn't mean it plays like a 6th place team in the game. Real life has various curves that aren't impacted in the game. Do all the same players get injured in your career that are injured IRL? Do you score goals with the same people? Do you transfer in/out the same people? Most likely the answer to these is no.

In conclusion, it might not be the game, but the player. If you are demolishing teams that you shouldn't, turn up the difficulty and start using sliders to fine tune it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady221
EA yet again ruining games one at a time... no competition = lazy developers.
EA are scammers, you are correct there. One thing I disagree with is where you say, "no competition = lazy developers". Do not blame the programmers for most problems. They have a boss, who has a boss, who tells them what to do and how much time to spend on it. If it's not ready or not good enough, it could very well be the student programmers that EA hires, but I doubt it. I myself am a programmer, and I dont get to dictate what I work on, and if it's to my liking or not. There is a deadline, then the code gets run and checked, and if it passes it gets used, simple as that.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

EA also doesn't create their games as a "unit".

A programmer may be working diligently on one part of the game clueless that there is something wrong with another part.

They break the team out into micro groups who are all doing just one bit of the overall product.

We can all applaud the art department. They did a stellar job on this game.

Sadly the most important part of the game is the one that gets the least attention, gameplay. This is why legacy gameplay issues exist. If they knock all their individually assigned modules out before deadline they will just get another task assigned. It won't be play the game and see how it works. It will be clean up the back end of the database and purge unnecessary files.

So with gameplay being ignored, why will it ever be improved? If EA quit chasing back of the box gimmick phrases every year and instead focused on gameplay and tightening up all the features across the game on odd years of development at least then we would have hope.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #8
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

No competition? Does PES only exist in my mind?

EA won the battle for Hockey and Soccer, there are still companies putting out competition soccer games but no one doing Hockey (because 2K put out a garbage game year after year despite having competition, while EA developed their franchise into a yearly Sports GOTY contender).

EA only bought out the market for football, for every other arena they have either won the market (NHL, FIFA), or lost it (NBA), or in the case of baseball lost the rights to produce a game (they tried College Baseball for 2 years but despite being a great game it didn't sell very well, and they abandoned baseball altogether). FIFA hit a pinnacle a few years ago and ever since they have been hurt by the desire/need to build on perfection. Consumers/reviewers want different experiences and if a game feels to familiar people cry foul saying it hasn't changed enough. This has happened with NBA 2K ever since reaching the pinnacle with 2K12, NHL hit it with NHL 10, Thge Show with 10, and FIFA is now experiencing it.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »