Home

How to handle scouting?

This is a discussion on How to handle scouting? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How to handle scouting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
A lot of good info here so far, I'll add some of the things I do as well:

-First off, one thing that really burned me was this: When you see a player eligible for a pre contract signing and you want him, sign him then and there if possible. I let several players go in one CM expecting to be able sign them on frees in the summer, every single one of them had new contracts once season two began

-Secondly if your unfamiliar with the real game, sites like outsideoftheboot.com can really help you with scouting, while a site like zonalmarking.com and whoscored.com can help with formations/tactics and statistics.

-The Global Transfer Network in the end was a great idea carried out less than optimally, with a few tweaks it could really be tremendous but as it stands it can get overwhelming, especially if you don't really know the game/players. Doyce has some great advice above, use it. Besides that it all comes down to knowledge and the only way to acquire that is through watching games, and reading sites like outside of the boot.
How do you determine if a player is in the final year of their contract?
Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
How do you determine if a player is in the final year of their contract?
The same place you would try to buy a player. At the bottom of the info part and above the options. It will say "11 months remaining on contract." You can also use GTN and set an instruction that your looking for a player with 1 year left.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for this great information. I, too, have found the scouting network extremely daunting, and all of this will make things exponentially easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
The same place you would try to buy a player. At the bottom of the info part and above the options. It will say "11 months remaining on contract." You can also use GTN and set an instruction that your looking for a player with 1 year left.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's what I was looking for.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #13
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
A lot of good info here so far, I'll add some of the things I do as well:

-First off, one thing that really burned me was this: When you see a player eligible for a pre contract signing and you want him, sign him then and there if possible. I let several players go in one CM expecting to be able sign them on frees in the summer, every single one of them had new contracts once season two began

-Secondly if your unfamiliar with the real game, sites like outsideoftheboot.com can really help you with scouting, while a site like zonalmarking.com and whoscored.com can help with formations/tactics and statistics.

-The Global Transfer Network in the end was a great idea carried out less than optimally, with a few tweaks it could really be tremendous but as it stands it can get overwhelming, especially if you don't really know the game/players. Doyce has some great advice above, use it. Besides that it all comes down to knowledge and the only way to acquire that is through watching games, and reading sites like outside of the boot.

Real good info here, I just got the game 5 or 6 weeks ago and I really wasn't happy with the GTN, you made me wanna give it a try again.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Can someone provide a explanation of each attribute? For example is first team quality relative to my club's average player, player of same position or is it league wide?

What about promising? FC Barcelona and DC United would have different standards for a promising player, no?

Most of them are self explanatory, but are they relative?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »