Home

Career Mode Basic for noob

This is a discussion on Career Mode Basic for noob within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career Mode Basic for noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Thanks for the reply Twelveone. Its exactly the type of information I was looking for to help me get my head around the schedule of a season in international soccer/football.

Thanks for the tip on playing them a lot before January. Is that just so they appear more valuable to my team so I can ask more?

I'm trying to learn the game and the sport at the same time

so far since reading your reply I did a season and a half just simming the games to get an idea of how all that works and what I want to do strategically.

I picked PSG since they are so rich and through transfers for cash and trade I have a totally revamped squad into what I think seems like a ridiculously good squad for the 4-4-2 diamond. It took me over an hour to figure out that 4-4-2 diamond was the formation I was looking for as PSG, which is called a 4-1-2-1-2 when you play as Seattle Sounders FC.

I feel like it would take ages to build this team on anyone but PSG

GK - M. ter Stegen
RB - Danilo
LB - D. Alaba
RCB - Marquinhos
LCB - Thiago Silva (I must have a great MMA squad too)
CDM - Sandro
CAM - S. Nasri
RCM - Nani
LCM - E. Hazard
RS - Alexandre Pato
LS - S. Aguero (They wanted like $90mil for him, i gave them i think $48mil + Ibrahimovic)

I'm having a blast I wish I bought this game when I first got PS4!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply/explain.
No problem man, if you ever have any other questions just feel free to send me a message on here and I will get back to you. PSG is a fun team to play with if you are just starting out and trying to learn the game. That's quite the squad you got there, you seem to be catching on quickly. Playing your guys a lot before January will help other teams notice them and increase the number of offers you will get for your guys. However, you really don't have to worry about making money from transfers if you are PSG. I've tried to get Aguero a couple times in various careers but he is usually out of my budget. Marquinhos turns into a monster about 3 years in. As far as formations go, there are a ton of them and you can even edit them to your liking. I like to use a 4-3-3 formation or the 4-2-3-1. 4-3-3 is more of an attacking formation and the 4-2-3-1 offers a great balance of offense and defense.

This is a link that will teach you about many of the formations and the subtleties of each one:

http://www.football-bible.com/soccer...ormations.html

Most importantly, Keep enjoying the game!!
Old 07-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #10
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Some of the leagues work differently, and some odd ones(like the MLS) play during the summer instead of Fall to Spring like most of the leagues.

The English league is imo the best league on earth. It has a league which crowns the team with most points at the end of the season the winner. There is no playoff like most North American sports. There are though, many smaller tournaments which happen throughout the course of the season which your team may participate in depending on which team you are.

Take for example, the Belgian league has a two-tier playoff system, where I believe at the end of "the season", the team with the most points is crowned the season winner, but the top 6 teams play in small top-tier playoff. There is also a secondary playoff held between teams places 7-14. I do not understand why they do this, but they do it nevertheless.

Its good to know which league youre getting into as they are not all alike. I recommend one fo the major leagues as most of them have the same format: English, Spanish, Italian, German are the top leagues.
Some good info here, I did not know that about the Belgium league, that is pretty interesting and not like any other league at all. I like playing as teams in the Premier League for obvious reasons, but Im really enjoying playing in the Italian League as Palermo, I've had some extremely intense games.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #11
Banned

They should add NASL as Tier 2 USA soccer league. I want to play as my childhood favorite Tampa Bay Rowdies or my new local Fort Lauderdale Strikers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

I created a player and I'm playing for the Columbus crew. Every time I get a contract offer from another team it won't let me accept it. Just wondered what I'm doing wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »