Home

Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dynasty within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dyn

EA is too consumed with "emotional intelligence" and "fan celebrations" to put something that people actually care about like online CM in their game.

Online CM doesn't make for an exciting trailer meant to hype up the game for 12 year olds.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #18
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Re: Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dyn

I think you guys that want this game mode are actually in the minority.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I think you guys that want this game mode are actually in the minority.
I disagree. I've seen a number of YouTubers make FIFA15 wish list videos, and online CM is almost always mentioned.

Most people outside of the US have never played NCAA Football, Madden or NBA 2K to realize how fun online leagues can be. I really believe that it would be hugely popular if they put it in the game.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Blunted
I disagree. I've seen a number of YouTubers make FIFA15 wish list videos, and online CM is almost always mentioned.

Most people outside of the US have never played NCAA Football, Madden or NBA 2K to realize how fun online leagues can be. I really believe that it would be hugely popular if they put it in the game.
That is my point. The majority of FIFA players are outside the US. They wont make a major change to the game like that if the larger community shows no interest in it. FUT, Seasons and Clubs are huge in Europe. So I don't see them making the changes required to add online CM as it would impact those most likely.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
That is my point. The majority of FIFA players are outside the US. They wont make a major change to the game like that if the larger community shows no interest in it. FUT, Seasons and Clubs are huge in Europe. So I don't see them making the changes required to add online CM as it would impact those most likely.
Oh I agree that they don't want to add something that takes away interest from FUT. It's the same reason we don't see major improvements to CM to begin with.

But you can't say that the larger community wouldn't show interest in it if it's never been available. If they put it in the game, and it ran well (another issue itself) but no one played it then I would understand if it wasn't in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Are there any signs of this coming to FIFA 15?
On last week's Press Row Podcast, one of the FIFA developers was asked if they were looking at adding some kind of Online Franchise mode, and his response was "not at this time."

Personally, I'd love to see a setup similar to NCAA Football's Online Dynasty, where you can move all the club teams around and create a super league, if you want to.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
On last week's Press Row Podcast, one of the FIFA developers was asked if they were looking at adding some kind of Online Franchise mode, and his response was "not at this time."
Translation = Does it make us more money to put it in the game? No. Ok, moving on.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #24
Rookie

I think a great compromise or at least a type of test to see if people are interested in online CM is to have an option for co-op CM. Only one user can control manager tasks in the CM at a time, but the file save could be uploaded and downloaded by friends and/or multiple people can play on the same team at the same time during a CM game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »