Home

Career Mode Plans - FIFA 15

This is a discussion on Career Mode Plans - FIFA 15 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #49
Rookie

Jellobiafra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career Mode Plans - FIFA 15

Rangers FC - The most successful club in History.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #50
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

No love for the Bundesliga? Challenging Bayern will be a lot of fun I guess. I will try to build a juggernaut from the 2nd division to take the place at the top.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #51
Rookie

RunnyEggs's Arena

Normally I take a team up from the lowest tier of English football up to the Premier League, relying heavily on loans and the youth system. I will probably do something similar this year, but I'm not sure which team I will pick.

I have used Plymouth Argyle, York City and Burton Albion in recent years. When I got my XBox One, I did a Sheffield United dynasty. After getting back into the EPL, I eventually won Champions League, Premier League, League Cup and FA Cup in my 6th year of the dynasty. Had a blast doing it and won Premier League in 5th, 6th and 7th years before getting a little burned out. However, normally some of my youth guys are total badasses at that point, so it's pretty fulfilling.

I might also do a Spurs or Burnley career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #52
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra
Rangers FC - The most successful club in History.

ya, i know it was a joke, but you shouldnt go around making things up like that. someone might actually believe it.
and that would be bad.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #53
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67

ya, i know it was a joke, but you shouldnt go around making things up like that. someone might actually believe it.
and that would be bad.
It is actually not a joke, and he didn't make it up. Its a fact. Its true. They have won more titles than any team in the history of the sport. Granted they don't play in the biggest market, but hey. You can't dispute how many titles they have won.

Quote:
In domestic football, Rangers have won more league titles and trebles (meaning you win three trophies in one season) than any other club in the world, winning the league title 54 times, the Scottish Cup 33 times and the Scottish League Cup 27 times, and achieving the treble of all three in the same season SEVEN times. In European football, Rangers was the first British club to reach a UEFA tournament final. It won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972 after being runner-up twice in 1961 and 1967. A third runners-up finish in Europe came in the 2008 UEFA Cup.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #54
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm a Leeds fan but with the Premier League licensing being ramped up I'm thinking of starting there, with either Man Utd, Hull, Newcastle or maybe Palace. Not sure yet.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #55
Just started!

Plymouth Argyle because it's THE GREEN ARMY!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #56
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Last couple of Fifas I owned I took a more mid-level team and built them up a bit -

Fifa 12 : Palermo. Ended up winning Serie A in Year 4.

Fifa 14: Southampton. Never finished higher than 5th in 3 years with the team. Made me kinda sad.

This time around, however, I'm gonna look to start with a more established team at first. Arsenal and Liverpool are my two choices, but Ill probably just go with the Gunners.

Ill also probably do an MLS team for fun since I've never done one before, although I'm a bit bummed about probably not being able to play as NYCFC. Ill look at doing one with either the Galaxy or maybe Kansas City since I like their uniforms.

I must admit Im a little surprised at how many of you guys have had CMs in the past where you build up like, League 2 and League 1 teams into PL clubs. I admire this greatly, but Ive always found the Youth system in Fifa to be really lacking (It was always rather annoying knowing that you could buy a 17 year old 63 OVR striker with 90 POT for example, but realize he would only reach that potential like, 8 years into your CM). I could never quite get over this, so Im curious as to how you guys worked around it.

I also understand that they've apparently revamped the youth progression for this year's version, but EA always mutter something about that every year. I need to see some proof that I can develop my guys a bit quicker, especially if they're future stars, before I go with the Leytons, Wimbledons, or heck, even any of the Championship clubs.

Also, as much as I thought the new scouting system was cool, I found it to be a bit too cumbersome in 14, so I hope they refine it (they said they will, well see) for the better in 15.

Last edited by Wavebird99; 08-21-2014 at 02:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »