Home

FIFA (Soccer In General) Help

This is a discussion on FIFA (Soccer In General) Help within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #25
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA (Soccer In General) Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiq xDoDx
(and the MLS is really really bad)
It's not that bad tbh. Probably on par with the Championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
It's not that bad tbh. Probably on par with the Championship.
I wouldn't go that far. MLS teams can't beat Mexican teams to begin with. Some Championship teams could probably put up a decent fight against teams from the Mexican League
Old 08-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #27
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiq xDoDx
That would make a decent start to truly competing with the other teams in the world. Clearly they would get killed initially, but that would be a great way to grow the league and draw in more fans here stateside.
And that is exactly why the European leagues would never go for it- the big teams in Europe are only interested in working with MLS so far as it helps them grow their brands, they don't really care about MLS itself. If anything, the idea of a major US league on par with Europe's best is probably the scariest thing in the world to the people who run Europe's soccer associations.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #28
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

I can't give you a good resource to research, but I can tell you as someone who watches A LOT of soccer, that it's very hard to keep up with multiple leagues. I would either start with the MLS if it's local to you, but would highly recommend paying attention to the English(Barclays) Premier League. In my opinion, it's the best league on the planet, of any sport, and I'm a HUGE NHL fan saying this.

If you focus on one league, what inevitably happens is, players get transferred in and out, so you'll eventually recognize players in other leagues, and even care for players that were on "your team" and get sold to a Spanish or Italian club, which then makes it easier to follow.

Also the Champions League and the Euro League help to start recognizing other teams and leagues. Not all leagues work the same though, so be warned. Ive mentioned this in another post, that the Belgian league has a fairly weird playoff structure, so it's easy to get confused sometimes.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #29
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

Unless one lives in an MLS city, the Barclays Premier League is actually the easiest league to keep up with if you have NBCSN- they do a great job of covering the league, to compare to American sports the coverage is almost exactly like what ESPN does for college football on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday and Monday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »