Home

FIFA 15: Fouls?

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Fouls? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
FIFA 15: Fouls?

I haven't heard anything on this, so I assume the CPU is never going to get called for fouls again? I've yet to hear anything about this. It's really my only gripe with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: FIFA 15: Fouls?

I wouldn't count on it changing.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

They actually covered this at E3 with their emotion engine and how the CPU is supposed to be more aggressive in 15. However from the vids I have seen from Gamescom, it does not look to have changed much, so I also would not count on it being dramatic.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 08-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

The new emotion feature has no impact on gameplay, so it would not lead to increased fouls.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
I haven't heard anything on this, so I assume the CPU is never going to get called for fouls again? I've yet to hear anything about this. It's really my only gripe with the game.

I haven't played FIFA since '12 just because they didn't really change year after year as much as I wanted but I'm definitely grabbing 15 for NG. How bad is this really? in '12 I got fouled an average of 5 times a game I'd say at 10 minute halfs, if you average that out over 90 minutes it's roughtly 20 fouls which is fairly accurate if not high to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
I haven't played FIFA since '12 just because they didn't really change year after year as much as I wanted but I'm definitely grabbing 15 for NG. How bad is this really? in '12 I got fouled an average of 5 times a game I'd say at 10 minute halfs, if you average that out over 90 minutes it's roughtly 20 fouls which is fairly accurate if not high to me.
It depends on the ref. With lenient refs, i'm lucky to see 1 foul called on either team. With refs who are rated strict on foul calls, you will see 8-20 combined fouls on 15 min halves.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
I usually commit like 5-7 fouls a game on last gen using 7 minute halves and I am lucky to get one a month in career mode for me.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

This has always been an area of concern. The logic for fouls being called is all messed up. I don't know why they don't just add a slider for it. It would add so much to the experience. I mean they already have code in the game for varying levels of foul strictness since we have different refs. It should be simple enough to have it on a slider.

I actually think a lot of the contact animations and jostling looks great but for example standing challenges from the back rarely get called as fouls. I guess it goes against their philosophy of faster paced action but even adding in something like simulation/normal/casual option to go along with the normal/slow game speed could do wonders for the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »