Home

Lets talk about GTN

This is a discussion on Lets talk about GTN within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Global transfer network is:
Great. Well done. I use it and enjoy it. 2 6.25%
It's ok. I use it because its there. 17 53.13%
A really bad idea, but I deal. 8 25.00%
Terrible idea and I cheat with sofifa 5 15.63%
I avoid it, have no opinion, and cheat. 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Lets talk about GTN

Global transfer network. It seems polarizing. What say the community? At first I thought it was interesting and could really be a nice addition. Make things a little difficult. Then I just got annoyed with it.

Maybe I was using it wrong?

-Do you use GTN, or do u cheat with sofifa and the like?
-If you use GTN how have you found it?
-What improvements could be made to GTN?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Lets talk about GTN

Honestly, the only thing I use if for is finding players with less than 6 months on their contracts. It's a great way to avoid steep transfer fees when you can sign players on contract expiry.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 09-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

People like the old system because its so much easier to build a UT type squad with little to no effort, just hop on SoFIFA, or one of those sites, look for bargains and then proceed to game the system.
Using the GTN as it was meant to be used(without SoFIFA) makes it much more difficult to do that. Is it perfect? Absolutely not, Reports vanish much too soon, you're not given even a range of potential or OVR, reports take a bit to long to come in, and the traits are a bit too vague. With some refinement it can be great, it'll be interesting to see what they've done this year.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Absolutely not, Reports vanish much too soon, you're not given even a range of potential or OVR, reports take a bit to long to come in, and the traits are a bit too vague. With some refinement it can be great, it'll be interesting to see what they've done this year.
I agree with this!!!! I like the concept of GTN and use because it helps me when looking for a certain type of player. IE a pacey wide midfielder. There are definitely flaws with it though.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

I voted "Terrible idea.." but to clarify I only chose that one because I use sofifa instead. I don't think it's a terrible idea, just poorly implemented, and the suggestions Orion way would go a long way towards improving it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I voted " A really bad idea, but I deal." Even though my real response is between that and the one above that says its okay. Its not a bad idea, it was just poorly executed. I've posted about this a bunch of times in other topics.

They just need to fix scouts. How they work. Make them differnet from each other. Give them traits, strengths and weaknesses. Make the 1* and 5* scouts actual be different so paying for a better scout would actually matter. The lower level scouts need to be wrong way more often. They also need to get ride of the stat ranges and just provide grades. The ranges need to be done in the background. And have each level of scout interpret the ranges differently. So a C rating for a 1* would not be the same for 2*, etc. And their personality,traits, etc would also play into that.

You also need to be able to keep your reports for ever, as others have stated. Even if the report becomes outdated and incorrect. I think players should also be able to contact your scouts if they are looking for a move to that country, league or team. They already have those new stories about guys begin home sick and not fitting in, etc. So those guys should be able to contact your scouts and say hey, I'm looking to come home or what ever. And then your scout comes to you and says, hey should I scout him. Or I scouted this guy because he showed interest, here is the report.

I also think the youth program should be included into the GTN. When you send a scout to lets say Brazil. Not only should he be looking at current players you can transfer, but also the youth. And provide reports on those players also. I'm not saying get rid of dedicated youth scouts entirely. But having this option would be nice.

They should also add in something about your players being scouted by another team. Like have one of your staff email you and say "so and so has a scout here, and they have been looking at X" And maybe have a random chance of the player finding out and him letting you know how he feels about leaving etc. And on that note, there needs to be more cpu offers that involve trading players. Like teams that can't afford a transfer saying hey, how about this much and this player.

I mean there is a lot they can do to make GTN so much better. It just felt like they started off with this great plan for it, and then it got pushed to the side and forgotten about. And it got a good enough and was finished.

Anyways, enough about this. I could keep going but who wants to read all that.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

I use sofifa. Scouting drives me nuts in games like this.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #8
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Lets talk about GTN

I don't think using sofifa or a draft guide is bad. In actual pro sports they know everything about a player. What they cant predict is development and play time. So using sofifa or a draft guide in other games is just being well informed IMO.

The global network isn't bad. Once i learned how to tweak it to my needs, I usually found who I was looking for sofifa does the rest.

Last edited by onac22; 09-05-2014 at 12:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »