Home

FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, 360, PC, PS3, PS4

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, 360, PC, PS3, PS4 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #73
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, Soon For Other Consoles and PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont have a big issue with it since there are ways to control who the ref is in all modes. It gives people variety. People like me who want a strict ref all the time can control it. People who want variety can get that too.
If they want to do it that way, they need to have the whole package. This means variable calls on offsides too like irl. This is a videogame. It's technology. Like the goal line technology that was implemented recently. As I said a foul is a foul no matter what. Offside too.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #74
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
If they want to do it that way, they need to have the whole package. This means variable calls on offsides too like irl. This is a videogame. It's technology. Like the goal line technology that was implemented recently. As I said a foul is a foul no matter what. Offside too.
I dont quite understand that. In real life, a ref decides if the amount of contact is considered a foul. The ref has the discretion to make that decision. In the game, its the same thing. One ref's AI may look at the contact and say its a foul and another one may feel different. I agree about the variable offsides call though.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #75
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I dont quite understand that. In real life, a ref decides if the amount of contact is considered a foul. The ref has the discretion to make that decision. In the game, its the same thing. One ref's AI may look at the contact and say its a foul and another one may feel different. I agree about the variable offsides call though.
Exactly: The amount of contact. This engine is not capable of achieving this right now. It just chooses in random which "fouls" will not be called by the lenient ref.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #76
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Positives:
-The presentation for EPL is fantastic, I love the lineup overlays & the fact that the announcers read through some of the lineups. I scored a late goal with Llanna to go up 2-1 and the place exploded. You could almost feel the Anfield group shaking as I sprinted to the corner flag.
- The grass looks great, I love the field degradation (it's not overdone as I had feared)
- I headed a ball from a bad angle with Lambert that kind of weakly hit the crossbar, the sound it made was great (kind of a weak "thud").
- The CPU defenders on numerous occasions hoofed clearances into the stands, not that overhead kick to a wide open teammate 40 meters upfield, at least that I've seen so far in 2 matches.
- I like the momentum, there feels like there is more weight to the players, and a long ball doesn't bounce as much as in 14.
- The refs so far have been calling many more fouls than 14. They seem to be more willing to call the physical obstruction fouls. Very nice.
- Visually stunning, especially compared to other EA sports games. This looks much better than Madden, the player faces look very good and the Anfield stadium looks wonderful (much better than any stadium in madden15)
- I'll put this in the positive & negative section: not a single offsides called so far in 2 matches. This could be good and bad. I hope EA simply didn't eliminate players from making runs that could force them off.
- And it appears (at least on the default setting for the demo which looks like Semi-Pro) passes to teammates in the CPU box aren't impacted as much with pass error. I was able to hit Llanna in open space around the penalty spot, whereas in 14 that pass would have been 2 yards behind him towards the top of the 18, resulting in an errant pass & loss of possession.
- Receiving the said pass above, took one touch, shot from about 7 meters out, the shot hit a CPU defender on the leg & ricocheted past Hart and into the net for my first goal. And my CPU controlled teammate Gerrard even followed up the ball into net instead of just standing & watching it.

Negatives:
- I still struggle to pull off any skill moves, even more so than 14. I had a hard time doing even the simplest of moves.
- Wasn't able to bash a goal kick much past mid field.
- Graphical text on the lineup screen seems a bit small, could have made the player names a bit larger.
- Human defenders don't do much to help you out. You once again have to control your entire team on defense it appears.

Last edited by Hutton; 09-09-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #77
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One & 360, Soon For Other Consoles and PC

Have a PS4, but got a chance to play the XB1 demo earlier.

I was extremely impressed. I played FIFA 14 on 360 and PS4 more than any other game last year, and when this has happened in the past I'm usually a bit burnt out and unimpressed come the next version. Not the case here. It's just the package we expect out of a AAA sports title. It does small detail, gameplay, and is on the cutting edge visually. I'm going to play this one a long time.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #78
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One & 360, Soon For Other Consoles and PC

Does anyone feel that the pitch is bigger than 14? For me, I always felt that FIFA had small playing surfaces causing the players to bunch up sometimes, this year tho it feels much much better, but it could just be me LOL.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #79
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Dont know if this was the case last year but Premier League games have real refs. Mark Clattenburg was the ref in my Liverpool/Chelsea game and he is a real ref.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg
Nooooooooo... that means I'll be finishing with 10 men in my Chelsea CM if Clattenburg is in the game.

But on a serious note, that's really cool.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #80
Rookie

ecantona99's Arena

OVR: 3

So I'm playing the Xbox360 demo.

On the positive side, I'm liking playing on World Class and slow this year. Couldn't play on WC on 14 because it was too cheap. I see more parallel runs with the defensive line by and a conscious effort by the strikers not to be offside. Also, as stated by other posters, I see more fouls this year which pleases me to no end. I have earned 3 penalties in 3 games and they all seem to be justified.

On the negative side, I see a few control issues with passing. I was also under the impression that positioning of players could be modified from the pause menu, but it looks like that's not the case. Lastly, it seems more like a refinement for the 360 moreso than a new game.

Overall though I am liking it and I think it will be a first day purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »